It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Issues Nuke Warning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Russia Could Use Nuclear Weapons as Preventive Measure to Thwart Major Threat, Official Says

www.foxnews.com

Russia's military chief of staff said Saturday that Moscow could use nuclear weapons in preventive strikes in case of a major threat, the latest aggressive remarks from increasingly assertive Russian authorities.

"We have no plans to attack anyone, but we consider it necessary for all our partners in the world community to clearly understand ... that to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia and its allies, military forces will be used, including preventively, including with the use of nuclear weapons," Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

another source for those who dont like fox
news.aol.com...

[edit on 19-1-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here comes world war 3.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Who knows, maybe Russia will see the US as a threat and preemptively nuke the states. With the US putting the missile shield up right at their door step im sure they feel under pressure to do something.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Maybe it's just their way of telling Israel and the USA to back off from Iran a bit.

[edit on 19/1/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Russia is a declining country with negative population growth. The government is paranoid due to so many domestic problems, that it's making outlandish statements in order to maintain control and display Russia as a powerful nation (which it isn't)

If the credit crisis continues and the Western economies decline, we will all pull our money out of Russia and it's economy will decline again.

This isn't World War three or even a major conflict in the making. Russia does not like it when we ignore them, which the UK, US and the EU will continue to do.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Them old Russkis are a bit slow off the mark

I seem to remember discussing this subject a long time ago after the US administration talked about it's right to pre-emptively strike states that may become a threat to US interests, with the use of tactical nuclear weapons on the table.

The Russians are just playing catch-up

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think T.P.T.B had already made their plans some time ago.

We could see this coming a mile away.

Incase anyone thinks that this N.W.O
is not in full control of the world and all
it major events should really do some serious
info searching.

They seem to know exactly what they are doing.

mabey they will hit us with a major false-flag Alien attack
just before the nukes start flying .

Who knows?......

But from all the evidence of their actions thought out history
I think that they(T.P.T.B/N.W.O) are in full and complete control
over what ever happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Russia is a declining country with negative population growth. The government is paranoid due to so many domestic problems, that it's making outlandish statements in order to maintain control and display Russia as a powerful nation (which it isn't)

If the credit crisis continues and the Western economies decline, we will all pull our money out of Russia and it's economy will decline again.

This isn't World War three or even a major conflict in the making. Russia does not like it when we ignore them, which the UK, US and the EU will continue to do.

From the Economist:

[Russian] GDP growth breached 7% last year and seems set to do almost as well this year. And unlike the boom before the 1998 default, which was driven by a fixed exchange rate and a mountain of government debt, this one looks real. The government's finances are under firm control, and foreign-currency reserves at the end of April stood at nearly $79 billion. Moody's rating agency promoted Russian debt to investment grade last October. Fixed investment grew by over 12% in 2003, which shows that companies are now modernising and expanding. Productivity is growing steadily...

From that font of all knowledge, Wiki:

Russia posted gross domestic product growth of 6.4% in 1999, 10% in 2000, 5.1% in 2001, 4.7% in 2002, 7.3% in 2003, 7.2% in 2004, 6.4% in 2005, 6.8% in 2006 with industrial sector posting high growth figures as well. Russia became the fastest growing economy in the G8. It is expected to grow about 7% in 2007.

The population is indeed declining, which, with a current world population of 6.6 billion, is actually enviable.

Russia has the world's largest natural gas reserves and eighth largest oil reserves. It is the second largest oil producer, at times standing before Saudi Arabia. Its energy reserves and natural resources give it enormous influence in Western Europe, particularly with its two largest trading partners, the Netherlands and Germany, who are also among the most influential EU members.

Russia has developed advanced missile systems that it is deploying to Iran and Syria that pose a mortal threat to US naval operations in the region.

I don't think anyone is ignoring Russia, or if they do, they do so at their peril.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by gottago]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Don't forget anywhere other than usa, is failing. American media still think russia is the old soviet union.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

I agree 100%. Iran and Russia are buddy buddy. From all that I have read, my opinion, is Russia will not allow anyone to attack Iran with out facing her first. She is Mr. Shorty's bodyguard so to speak. Iran and Russia have invested too much in each other.

Russia is just making sure Isreal understands completely before putting the so called smack down on Iran.

Considering all the egos on the board at this time, and all the egos quietly waiting to jump in, I agree with the poster that it could very well lead to WWIII. Unless someone folds and drops the matter all together

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Considering all the egos on the board at this time, and all the egos quietly waiting to jump in, I agree with the poster that it could very well lead to WWIII. Unless someone folds and drops the matter all together

lol, to that. Your right there, but whos in the wrong, like you say, both sides think there right.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It seems to me when the US basically said the same thing; many were very upset at it.

I believe, Russia made some remarks (not nice ones) about this.

Now they are saying the same thing.

Personally, I think this has nothing to do with the safety of Russia. It has to do with Russia's ME allies (think Iran and Syria).
Well if not allies, they support them because they oppose everything the US does or wants (my enemies enemy is my friend mentality).

IMO, it is setting the stage for WW3.
It is hard to imagine, but besides the US or it's anti missiles bases, whom would Russia nuke to prevent an attack???

Personally, I only see Israel as the possible Russian target for preemptive nukes-which will clearly start a nuclear war and mean the end of the world as we know it.

I am hoping this is just more Russia chest pounding, to try and regain some of Russia's lost influence.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It is in my opinion that Russia is simply trying to say that we are still here and we can still reach out and touch someone. They are slowly being if not been all together pushed out of the world loop. Mother Russia does not like being ignored. Not to mention she probably does not like some of the aggressive tactics of it's old nemesis the United States lately.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No news here. And it has nothing to do with Iran. They are simply saying (as we have many, many times) that they reserve the right to glass-over anyone who they percieve to be a threat to their sovereignty. That's our position as well. Just like BritGuy said...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
'to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia and its allies,'

Iran and Russia VS US and Israel.

Who will win?

OR Russia’s response could be to the recent Israeli missile test Warning
Iran?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To me russia is saying this, to do with the nato exapnsion, and the nwo. They know these guys want to take over all countires, and unless russia stands up now, they will be eaten up.

[edit on 1/19/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The General is putting out the first leak of Russia's new position...

probably in respect to the hundreds of missiles in that European missile shield being built up in many former east european satellites of USSR,
now joined (pressured) by NATO commandments. (see prior post of andy1033)

This 'bar' is very similar to the 'Bush Doctrine' where the US policy
includes a 'preemptive' strike on any adversary or rogue state, organization...and that a preemptive strike would not be limited to 'conventional' force.

linked also with the "1% Doctrine"... search wikipedia on Bush Doctrine
for info on both policies.

Russia is answering the USA in kind

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, look at what Russia is faced with:

1) a known Bush preemptive war doctrine that is now infecting Israel despite National Intelligence Estimates on Iran- which conclude with moderate to high confidence that Iran has ceased trying to obtain nuclear weapons since 2002

2) a powerful US military presence continually choking off Iran, Syria, and the middle east and which is threatening Russia's oil supply

3) the US threatening to put ABM's way too close to its borders

4) a diplomatic crisis with the UK that has no end in sight

5) recent questionable US arms sales to regions in the middle east, which are tending to indicate White House plans to at least backup an Israeli missile strike on Iran's nuclear facilities

what would you expect?

The animal is being pushed into the corner, and increasingly it seems there is only one way out.

I was hoping to live the rest of my life out without any major nuclear war, but that notion is fading. And you can all thank Bush and his preemptive war doctrine for this. It is only since then has this dangerous talk of preemptive nuclear first strikes begun.

And its the result so many have predicted and warned about since Bush started this foolish nonsense. It is no surprise. It is the logical conclusion under such circumstances.

Its like the typical neighborhood problem of how to beat the bully. He will continue to terrorize until one or more brave kids are forced to get together and whip his ass.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I see this as a thinly veiled message to israel and the US regarding their focus on Iran.

Russia has been supplying iran with nuclear fuel and with engineering help for their nuclear power programme, and israel and the US want to halt that programme.

The message they are sending is deliberately the same as the "bush doctrine" for a reason - they hope that by parrotting bush's words back at him, he will get the message.

A faint hope, but one that exists nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I didn't think I'd see a world war in my lifetime, but I'd have to say it's starting to look inevitable. This isn't getting much coverage, and that in itself is surprising since a couple of Iranian speedboats 'threatening' a US naval convoy is big news, but Russia threatening pre-emptive nuclear strikes is just a filler on the major news networks.

The message is very clear - if they believe that someone is preparing to take action against one of their allies, they WILL launch a nuclear first strike. It's also very clear the are talking about Israel/US and Iran/Syria. You all can argue that it's internal politics or bluff or chest thumping, but when it comes from their military chief of staff, I believe they'll do exactly what they say.

I only hope that somebody in the Pentagon is paying attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join