It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic watch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Check this out!

Flyfire

Really interesting project, simple and elegant.
It's a mini copter though, so I don't think it would morph fast enough.

via botjunkie

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
General Motors EN-V Robotic Pod Car

General Motors touted the automatic driving mode of its two-wheel electric car when it unveiled the vehicle last month in Shanghai, China. Now there's a video that shows the hands-off driving experience future commuters can expect from the EN-V.

The Segway-inspired vehicle uses GPS, vehicle-to-vehicle wireless communication, and anti-crash sensing technologies to ensure that people need not touch their steering wheels ever again. In the new video, GM driver does his best to demonstrate that by holding his arms out and all but shouting "look ma, no hands!" as his EN-V alternately moves forward and spins on a dime.

GM aims to target more than just multitasking fiends who love videoconferencing on the road. Its vehicle could give newfound mobility to people who are currently too young, too old, or disabled, according to Chris Borroni-Bird, director of the EN-V program. We'd hope there's still a lower age limit so that junior doesn't go tearing off in the family's new ride -- but at least driving instructors need not worry about teaching parallel parking ever again.

It looks like there's several version of this EN-V pods. I certainly welcome the idea but I want a bigger one with more space.

The US needs to try to catch up to china.

China Is Alternative Energy World Leader, Doubled US Investment Last Year

China likely to win green technology race

China - Green Technology Leader: Has the Future Arrived?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

5 Robots We Should Deploy Right Now
If we stop worrying about money, and start investing in a fully robot-assisted civilization, which systems would be first on the list for immediate deployment? Here are our five candidates.

• Mmist SnowGoose Bravo
  • c-Link Systems Forager-ARV
  • OshKosh TerraMax
  • iRobot PackBot with REDOWL Sniper Detection Kit
  • Segway Robotics RMP 400 with Water Cannon

Popular Mechanics

this list features robots that make sense and are truly useful which could possibly complement, as well as, aid us in our endeavors. will post more info as i find it...

cheers

[edit on 4.15.10 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Japanese Government and Industry Aim for Mind-Controlled Robots and Electronics in 10 Years

Japan's insatiable love for robots and mind-reading technology has converged in the form of a new government-industry partnership. That means Japanese consumers can look forward to robots and electronics controllable by thought alone within a decade, according to Agence France-Presse.

The Nikkei daily first reported on this development yesterday by citing unnamed government sources, and so technical details remain a bit murky. Any such devices would supposedly use sensor-mounted headsets to analyze the electrical signals and brain blood-flow patterns of users.

The lack of specs has not prevented the collective sci-fi imagination of said sources from running wild. Future mind-controlled devices would include television sets and smart phones which compose text messages by thought. That's not unlike some brain-interface devices already slated to hit the market, but presumably they'd be much less expensive for daily-use items.

Within a decade! That's not such a bad deal. Very looking forward for it. But first thing first, how am I supposed to get rid some pesky humans immediately?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join