It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feng Shui, Ley Lines and Cosmic Strings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A team of astrophysicist in Sussex have discovered indirect evidence of 'lines of pure mass-energy' spanning the entire length of the universe.

Could the Universe be tied up with cosmic string?

Cosmic strings are predicted by high energy physics theories, including superstring theory. This is based on the idea that particles are not just little points, but tiny vibrating bits of string Cosmic strings are predicted to have extraordinary amounts of mass - perhaps as much as the mass of the Sun - packed into each metre of a tube whose width is less a billion billionth of the size of an atom.

Lead researcher Dr Mark Hindmarsh, Reader in Physics at the University of Sussex, said: "This is an exciting result for physicists. Cosmic strings are relics of the very early Universe and signposts that would help construct a theory of all forces and particles."

Perhaps the idea of 'ley lines' and 'feng shui energy conduits' or qi are not so far fetched after all.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Feng shui? They didn't say anything about feng shui. What exactly is feng shui (especially relating to physics)? I thought feng shui is about building beautiful/harmonious houses.

What does it have to do with string theory anyway? You know such as qi or feng shui. Qi as far as I know, it has something to do with the body and health, whatever that thing is.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

No, the article didn't mention feng shui or ley lines; that's my own spin (haha, geddit?).

With feng shui, the idea is that there are these lines of energy, or qi, that criss-cross our entire world. By proper placement of furniture, buildings and other structures, we ought to get a good balance of positive energy -- something like that.

It's just a thought that occurred to me when I read that article on cosmic strings.

join