It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 1st, 2008 Theory of Possibility of Attack from the North and some other things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I wasn't sure which board to post this in.
Anyways, as many of us know, 2012 is coming within the next 4 years and it is the end of multiple ancient calenders. Which brings many of us to start thinking and theorizing about when the end may or may not come. Some people have stated here that it is probable that this year of 2008 could be the start of the end, possibly I'm not jumping to conclusions of course.
But one of the theories that I have with the end and everything, would be the chance of this year witnessing WWIII. I was looking through an astronomy textbook of mine and I came across a chart of Solar Eclipses and the tracking of their movements. It included some recent past eclipses and future eclipses. The eclipse that I want to bring to everyone's attention would be the one upcoming on August 1st of this year. What alarms me about this one, is that the path travels over northern Russia and makes it's way across the Arctic ocean into North America a bit of a ways. We all know of the tensions going on up in the Arctic circle area with the territory grabs going on between the countries. Also the issue of tensions between Russia and the U.S. overall which could end up in war. Since if anyone on either side is going to attack the other any time soon, they would probably seize the opportunity with the cover of the eclipse.
Keep also in mind, that this will be a Total Eclipse, not a partial or indirect.
This is a chart with the mapping of the path that the eclipse will go through.

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
Also the issue of tensions between Russia and the U.S. overall which could end up in war.

Wow, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the Canadians. Reading the title I was about breakout my hockey sticks.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

If it does end up with an attack from the north by the Russians, it would be likely that Canada be included in the fight against the Russians. Considering the amount of new measures the Canadian military has been taking for helping secure their part of the Arctic circle, and it would be pretty damn difficult for Canada to stay neutral in a battle between the U.S. and Russia, since it would be quicker for Russian fighters and bombers to fly through Canadian air space.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You have an interesting idea. Could you tell me why it is favorable for Russia to attack the USA during a total eclipse? It would seem to me that an eclipse would not effect our tracking systems. I believe they work in day light and darkness. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

The satellites, radar, sonar and other much more sophisticated instruments can see anything that moves on this earth at anytime. At least I believe this to be true.

I have seen a Google earth type program that is very impressive. It makes Google earth look like kindergarten.

There is also the time factor. How long does it take to deploy troops, ships, subs, and missiles?

I'm just curious as to how you came to your conclusion.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
You have an interesting idea. Could you tell me why it is favorable for Russia to attack the USA during a total eclipse? It would seem to me that an eclipse would not effect our tracking systems. I believe they work in day light and darkness. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

The satellites, radar, sonar and other much more sophisticated instruments can see anything that moves on this earth at anytime. At least I believe this to be true.

I have seen a Google earth type program that is very impressive. It makes Google earth look like kindergarten.

There is also the time factor. How long does it take to deploy troops, ships, subs, and missiles?

I'm just curious as to how you came to your conclusion.

Well, considering the arms buildup and such. If the Russians really want to have the same position of military power and capabilities as the U.S. then they would be trying to have their forces ready at any time to do what is ordered of them. Some of their attack craft might try to travel under the cloak of the eclipse. Despite all of the advanced tracking systems we have, much of it is also based on visual confirmation and tracking. Overhead satellites with telescopes and other visual monitoring would have a hard time finding aircraft in the dark, which is also why of course satellite photos are typically taken in the daytime for better details. Unless there is a system I am unaware of that we are fielding widely already. And I do not think that infrared and nightvision would be quick and accurate enough for positive identification, although it would be pretty obvious if there were large numbers of aircraft launching from Russian airbases and carriers. Also, I would imagine that China would also be taking a part in the "fun" of the attack. Also they could rapidly launch a series of prestrikes on our systems, including taking out satellites with missiles and sabotage here and there. Communication is key to the U.S. having an easier victory or at least minimizing casualties.
They(the Russians) could already be moving forces around the globe here and there for striking positions. It wouldn't as likely be something to be majorly covered by the mainstream media also, since the wars, politics, presidential elections are going to be majorly covered at the time with most reporters and news anchors following their favorite candidates.
Also, the U.S.S.R. during it's time did undoubtedly create some of it's own stealth and high speed aircraft before it ultimately kicked the bucket.
Keep in mind, with the different things going on in this day and age, it could go the other way around with the U.S. taking aggressive action first or something.
And there is also the anti-ICBM systems that are supposed to be based in Eastern Europe, which sort of acts like a wall. A wall that only covers one side though. When there is a wall in your way, you do not waste your time trying to go through it, you go around or over it.
Ground forces wouldn't quite need to be used since it would majorly be an air war, lobbing planes and missiles at each other, including nukes.
It has been stated in the past that if a regular sized nuke were to be detonated in the air in the middle of the U.S., then the Electro Magnetic Pulse would knock out almost all of our electronic systems through out the country, leaving us blind except for maybe a handful of bases on the other side of the globe.
I would expect more of America's allies to be attacked as well, in a massive coordinated attack.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
it would be likely that Canada be included in the fight against the Russians.

The other good news would be the drug lords of the south would help us too. They would want to protect their best customer, and nobody not even the Russians will stop the flow.

BTW ground attacks as the first option is obsolete for whoever owns the air wins the war. Russia would have a very long and most likely escalating air/sea battle with the US for months and months before any soldiers came across the border. Also, any war against our home turf with either China or Russia we would see the nuclear option right up front. If Russia attacked us in a full all out war the nukes would fly very quickly. Right or wrong that is the way it would be.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

top topics

join