It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Institutionalized Spying on Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Institutionalized Spying on Americans

www.blacklistednews.com

This article reviews two police state tools (among many in use) in America. One is new, undiscussed and largely unknown to the public. The other was covered in a December article by this writer called Police State America. Here it is updated with new information.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) established a new domestic spying operation in 2007 called the National Applications Office (NOA) and described it as "the executive agent to facilitate the use of intelligence community technological assets for civil, homeland security and law enforcement purposes within the United States."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Okay. This article is a long read but very good to establish an understanding of two major tools the government is using to establish a police state. This is pretty big. If you have time to read the whole thing, please do. I am going to post a second article in this thread that is related to the first. The second is about the Carlyle group purchasing a portion of Booz Allen which is mentioned in the first article. This gets a bit crazy, but IMO, worth looking at. Makes me wonder why Carlyle wants part of Booz Allen which is known for its spying abilities. Makes me feel really uneasy.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is a snippet from the second article from MSN Money

Carlyle's plans to buy the government advisory unit of Booz Allen Hamilton, the management consultancy, are under attack from one of the largest US labour unions as a "threat to national security" because a state-controlled Abu Dhabi fund owns a stake in the US private equity group.....The SEIU's call for government intervention is unlikely to derail talks between Carlyle and Booz Allen - first revealed by the Financial Times this week - over the public sector advisory unit, a major contractor to several US departments.

Carlyle wants Booz Allen

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am sorry to say that I am not surprised by this news. Angry, even a tad scared, but not surprised.

Flagged.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I would have to say not surprised as well. Definitely angry. I have been following domestic spying pretty closely and this is almost icing on the cake. Big corps, government, spying. Makes me believe the government just uses the corps for their cover. And it just goes on right in front of the world. Bilderbergers must have had a great meeting last year.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have seen quite a bit of your stuff. Real hardcore. Congrats on your rise to glory as measured in ATS points.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
wow that was a long but well written and informative read. im basicly at a loss of words except to say , im scared and very disturbed. i knew of real id but never heard of the noa, the new scanner there working on and have sunk billions of tax payer money into. flagged and starred.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
OK. I had never heard of this and was looking to see where the author got this information.....

But....I just found it:

www.dhs.gov...

Fact Sheet: National Applications Office
Release Date: August 15, 2007

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Applications Office (NAO) is the executive agent to facilitate the use of intelligence community technological assets for civil, homeland security and law enforcement purposes within the United States. The office will begin initial operation by fall 2007 and will build on the long-standing work of the Civil Applications Committee, which was created in 1974 to facilitate the use of the capabilities of the intelligence community for civil, non-defense uses in the United States.

While civil users are well supported for purposes such as monitoring volcanic activity, environmental and geological changes, hurricanes, and floods through the current Civil Applications Committee, homeland security and law enforcement will also benefit from access to Intelligence Community capabilities. As a principal interface between the Intelligence Community and the Civil Applications, Homeland Security and Law Enforcement Domains, the National Applications Office will provide more robust access to needed remote sensing information to appropriate customers by:

Enabling a wide spectrum of civil applications, homeland security, and law enforcement users greater access to the collection, analysis, and production skills and capabilities of the intelligence community;
Enhancing intelligence and information sharing and dissemination to federal, state, and local government and law enforcement users;
Educating customers about the capabilities and products of the intelligence community;

Advocating future collection technology needs of the civil applications, homeland security and law enforcement customers in the intelligence community and Department of Defense forums; and
Providing a forum for discussion of proper use oversight and management of new uses of classified information on behalf of domains, in addition to already established uses.

Click on link for more information

[edit on 19-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
while looking more in to that scanner they are building i found sevreal article this one i belive is the best that i have found.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Thanks jack. Appreciate the thumbs up. I just find it necessary to let people know that this government of ours, no matter who is in office, seems to take the American people for idiots. When these corporate big wigs are in bed with the gov., you know that they are up to no good. The Carlyle group is one of the worst. This is just one example. I have noticed that there seems to always be someone from them on the Bilderberg list. That alone tells me that suspicious things happen at those annual "meetings of the minds". What really scares and saddens me is that most of this country is unaware of what is really going on. They need to be made aware. That is why I am so glad I found ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

DHS fact sheet
In 1974, the Rockefeller Commission urged the creation of a Civil Applications Committee to facilitate the appropriate use of Intelligence Community remote sensing capabilities for civil purposes within the United States.

I read on the wikipedia page (which is the most dismal thing ever) that Congress filed an injuntion preventing the office from becoming operational, due to civil liberties issues. But I can't find anything else on this anywhere, so I guess it's safe to presume that the NOA is up and running.
Does this give you Americans a sense of increased security?

“He who would give up liberty for safety deserves neither safety nor liberty” - Founding Fathers

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well I can almost guarantee you this shi+
would stop if Ron Paul gets elected.

I'm so freakin outraged at all this Bush admini frustration
has done to our rights. PLEASE GOD somebody please stop
this.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Does this give you Americans a sense of increased security?

that's what it was intended for? Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at these ridiculous false sense of security our government gives us. Just like after 9/11 with the threat levels. They said that we will be better prepared for attacks with the levels. What a joke. I love your quote. To bad we don't rely on the things our founding fathers said anymore. I think I have become more scared over the last 8 years than I have in my entire existence.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Can thoughts be influenced somehow ? Why would Rockefeller pay for remote sensing ? What if "they" have the technology to influence thoughts ?

I have no proof ,these are only some questions, I like go with the paranoid questions as far as possible. But "if you are paranoid it does not mean they are not out to get you"

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

Another great thread ph23. Keep ‘em coming. Of course this is not news to me or many others, but every mind awakened to the truth is another force to fight for freedom.

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
“He who would give up liberty for safety deserves neither safety nor liberty” - Founding Fathers

That would be Ben Franklin actually.
And a most salient quote. It is indeed unfortunate that most people in every country fall into this category today.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Well, to answer your question, check out a previous thread of mine that talks about technology that can and will influence thoughts.

Hear voices? It may be an Ad

This is some scary stuff when you think of the possibilities of the technology in the wrong hands.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"its not paranoia if they ARE out to get you", who's they? "if i knew who THEY were, i wouldn't be calling them 'they', would i?"- mel gibson, conspiracy theory...art imitates life.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
now with there spy satelites.. are we talking about infra red technology or literally seeing through walls? and as i am sure all of you know the rfid chips are already in our passports. so only a matter of time before added to the ID.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
they use variouse sensors, and waves and tech to basickly see trough your walls.

"Critics have called for cuts to DHS funding, stressing that the program is in direct violation of the Posse Comitatus act, which prevents the use of military for domestic law enforcement. It also violates the fourth amendment as the satellites are capable of seeing through the walls of people's homes.

www.infowars.net...

Can satellites see through buildings?

"yes! they can! there are "archaeological" satellites which can penetrate 80m below ground - and this is 20-30 years old Russian technology. "
answers.yahoo.com...

thats with only a few seconds of searching there is plenty of evidence to suggest yes they can look through your walls.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I hope the powers that be can have mercy on our country....Because if they dont no one will.....I grieve for america, she is being raped mercilessly right now and its utterly disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join