It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preventive Healthcare and Situation X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
An issue that I've given much personal thought to is preventive healthcare prior to a man-made or natural disaster. I'm in my 40's, and unfortunately I haven't paid as much attention to my teeth as I probably should have.

As a result I just had to have another molar extracted due to a cavity. I hate going to the dentist, but it were hurting so bad I really had no choice but to do so.

Can you imagine what that kind of pain and irritation would be like in an End of the World scenario with no dentists, no pain pills, or anesthesia available?

Now is the time to take care of those rotting teeth in your mouth and those painful bunions and corns on your feet. Don't keep putting it off until it's too late.

Getting myself fitted for a good pair of glasses is also next on my list. I see well enough for most things, but I've notice that either my arms are growing shorter with each passing year, or my eyes are becoming more and more farsighted.. I definitely want to be able to see well when the end comes, otherwise I might miss something important like a speeding bullet meant for my head.

[edit on 1/18/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

join