It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia delivers 3rd shipment of enriched uranium to Iran's Nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Russia delivers 3rd shipment of enriched uranium to Iran's Nuclear plant

en.rian.ru

TEHRAN, January 18 (RIA Novosti) - Russia delivered on Friday the third fuel shipment to the Bushehr nuclear power plant it is building in southern Iran, the country's official news agency said, citing officials.

IRNA quoted the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran as saying that 11 metric tons of low-enriched uranium had been delivered to the plant, which has been the focus of international attention over fears Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

The shipment is the third Russia has supplied to the Islamic Republic under a contract. The remaining five batches will be delivered according to a previously agreed timetable.

Sergei Kiriyenko, the director general of Russian state nuclear corporation Rosatom, said Russia will complete fuel supplies to Bushehr NPP in February.

"In February we will complete the supplies, and actual work with the fuel at the plant will start in July-August," he said.

The first delivery to the plant, being built by Russian contractor Atomstroyexport, came on December 16, 2007 following months of project delays that Moscow attributed to payment arrears, but which Iran blamed on pressure from Western nations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, this should get the rhetoric of TPTB heated up again. Seems Russia is sort of thumbing their nose at us about now. This whole situation makes me uneasy if I'm being honest. I hope we don't break out into WWIII over this...

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Gee, Ruskies deliver so-called goods to nasty camel nation, gives reason for US to deliver NUKES on camel nation, still trying to engineer microwave oven, as well as wet wipes...
Russia happy, USA happy. Desert folks real bad, and real dead now.
New Oil found in Russia/Alaska.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

your an idiot really arn`t you.

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

you don`t understand what happening;

Seems Russia is sort of thumbing their nose at us about now

the IAEA are happy with iran, the last part of the work plan is now being finished - the fuel thats being delivered is sealed and inspected by the IAEA; they (russia) have a contract to deliver the first fuel for the reactor.

nothing wrong with this , unless you mistakenly believe the rhetoric coming from washington.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

wow...
the stupidest statement i ever read

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

It's not that I 'believe' the rhetoric, only that our idiot admin is so frothing at the mouth to tie anything nuclear with Iran as bad, and then their puppet masters in Israel screaming about it that makes me nervous.

Personally, I have no qualms with them using whatever power supply they want-I'm just worried that TPTB are going to use this as an excuse for escalation...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No doubt the timing of this move is affected both by the recent NIE concluding Iran does not have an active weapons program, and by Iran's recent promise to supply the IAEA with the complete set of records it has requested.

No doubt it will also be followed by another wave of Israeli and US histrionics

top topics

join