It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant the so-called UFO experts on Larry King's show answer the question

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
This is at least the 3rd show where Ive seen Larry King ask the same question over and over, "why cover UFO's up ?"

The answer is so obvious to me anyway. Technology, technology, technology. If we accept that UFO's are real, then we must accept their technology doesnt burn fossil fuels or other silly forms of propulsion.

That's because Stanton Friedman is a disinfo agent. I he wasn't he would have mentioned about our dependancy on oil.

Stanton Friedman is a disinfo agent.

"Disinfo agents ARE REAL" *raises eyebrows*

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Things like the Potomac Energy Project and AERO may finally bring it about

Steven Greer is in charge of AERO,

You are right, Greer IS in charge of AERO!

Which IMHO is cause for hope! Since Greer made history with the Disclosure Project, so there is a good chance that he can make history again

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Since Greer made history with the Disclosure Project, so there is a good chance that he can make history again

Like this?

Google Video Link

[edit on 19-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Yes? What's your point?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I got tired of hearing that skeptic ask everyone if they are trained observers. First of all there's no way he can be it looks like he has a hard enough time just trying to look through his glasses. And what type of qualifications do you need to be a trained observer anyway. One of the witnesses is a pilot, how can you get any more trained than that?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
UScitizen, a trained observer would be somone whos undergone some identification training most commonly done in the armed forces to be able to identify friendly,enemy or civilian infantry/aircraft/land craft etc , this involves being able to identify something at night or in poor visibilty by the silhouette or light configuration.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

i don't think they are flares, for what purpose?

It's not like the military just starts shooting flares in the air and say: Hey! look at me!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

The flares theory wasn't credible from me until i saw this footage, if you look on the very left there is another white dot when they comapre the two footage, very far from ""the craft"" and disapear just like the others dot do, but if it was flares we should see smoke and they can't fall at same speed especially (if they are flares) they have been ""launched"" in a different time.

Doubt have been seed in my mind and then i don't know what to think about this incident anymore.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well Well, What a nice topic this is. I must be honest, my impression is that Larry was not 100% happy with the way in which he was probably "told" to do the show! I got the feeling he was being "held to term" in as, how far he could go with his own views.
The debunker was a jerk, no doubt, the dis-info from "the powers that be" will have to do better than that in future. I do not for one minute believe that all UFO witnesses7experincers are hallucinating or mistaking flares, balloons, aircraft, the moon and stars for objects that have been observed by thousands world wide for centuries. The ladies and other witnesses from the Phoenix sightings on LKL seem to be telling the truth and not one of them including the journalist has a "viable reason" to make up stories just like the rest of the thousands that saw those objects. They are seeking neither fame nor fortune and were absolutely normal and down to earth in the way in which they presented their detailed observations. And sure, there will be massive consequences when the "truth comes out"... CNN obviously made sure that the between sequences were as "cheesy" as they could give the show a non serious aura producing the "OK, lets have a laugh with those nut-cases who believe in little green men and all that. The production team went to great lengths to carefully chose childish style graphics with 70's style synthetic sci-fi sounds that removed the serious ambient creating a comedy feeling around the whole subject.. I know that because I have a multimedia studio and have been producing all kinds of audio/video productions for well over 25 years and I know all to well how (subliminal) carefully edited audio/visual effects can influence the minds of the masses.... make you happy, sad, jump out your seat in utter shock or laugh till your belly hurts...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the answer(s) are quite... simple and otherwise, if you dont try to THINK too hard... rather understandable, logical and viable.... i have told this, rather, said this on many other boards on the subject, even here some time ago. i will tell it once again from a first hand, very very true and not here to bull# or otherwise f over people. it is late, however, and wife and kids are going to bed... i am a bit tired too and would like to finish this tonite but have 'better' things to do....at the moment that is. i WILL come back here tomorrow and continue this as it i am a true believer, indep. ufo researcher and enthusiast and more. have been for over 35 years. there is not much i have not read nor seen... even the 'real' thing. so.. when i come back here to continue and give MY opinions as to the larry king bull and guise of media (controlled media... by big biz and govt... people.. understand that first and foremost and then the rest will come), it will come as quite interesting. even my wife was pissed at the larry king crap... until tomorrow... and you wont be disappointed in what i say...

goodnite for now

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The debunker on tonites program McGaha has been saying the same line for years. Obviously a hired mouth since you never see his eyes, it makes sense he hasn't seen anything whether he was flying or not..

That "trained observer" line is their buzz word for disqualifying any human for credibility since there is no "observation training" for "ufos". Pilots with thousands of hours flight time have a good chance of figuring out the difference between a metallic disc and "lights in the sky".

The ladies on the show were much more credible since they had no agenda to plug, and the benefit of this show is the general public isn't that stupid to really think the debunker is an unbiased "trained observer" of the sky..

Thus giving validity to the obvious...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

Since Greer made history with the Disclosure Project, so there is a good chance that he can make history again

Like this?

I actually watched/listened to the entire thing.

You know what I've noticed, I don't want to peg specific quotes, but the "color" of Greer's talk is similar to C. Stones talk... "Interplantary spacecraft are not secret. It is more that we, the peoples of the world, chose to put this wall up as for most of us, UFO's do not fit in with our preception of our belief systems."....

I don't want to compare the two men, or their quotes; I just notice a similar "feel" to their talks...maybe Dr Greer rubbed off on C Stone during the disclosure project?

Wouldn't it be nuts if everything he was saying were actually totally true? Why do people in the know seems to have that 'spiritual' side?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
Wouldn't it be nuts if everything he was saying were actually totally true? Why do people in the know seems to have that 'spiritual' side?

Many contactees claim that the ETs communicate with them using telepathy/empathy rather than spoken language.

So it is entirely possible that what Dr. Greer says about making contact with them and "vectoring" them using meditation and higher states of consciousness is true!

It makes intuitive sense to me, anyway, although I can see that it won't to many others....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here we go again. Larry King Live covering the topic again right now.

It will be interesting to see who he has on to fill the debunker role

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh great, my favorite debunker is on, Michael Shermer - founding publisher of Skeptic Magazine.

And Larry King asked the question once again..."why would the Air Force cover this up"

Same lamo answer..."they dont want to admit there it something flying around that they no little about"

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Funny, just not ha ha funny, he's already thrown the "not good observers" crap around.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah I love that..."you arent a good observer...

HELLO...The guy was in the Air Force for starters. He's a trained observer.

He was close enough to observe and take measurements for 45 minutes.

That testimony even made my skeptical wife say wow

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Did he say anything about the U-2 spy plane and the F-117 Stealth?

Unless he has information no-one else has, they (the airforce) didn't test fly them over populated areas, those were tested at area 51. Sheesh, Maybe he slipped a bit.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They mention a witness thats being harrassed and the oil issue came up. James Fox interviewed him. The Air Force is harrassing this witness to stop talking about the craft he saw.

Fox made a great point FINALLY...if a craft is flying around that makes no sound and no wave, it obviously isnt running on OIL.

And the skeptic responded with a laugh, yeah maybe so but we dont want our enemies to get a hold of such technology.

WOW

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The issue of Congressional Hearings was brought up as well. I was waiting for someone to mention Dr. Greer's attempts at hearings with the Disclosure Project but it didnt come up.

Im very pleased with the show. I think we saw history being made tonight.

The skeptic hinted that it might be an advanced craft of ours that yes doesnt use OIL but thinks its okay to keep it a secret.

Mr. Fox stated that if we paid for this technology and it doesnt use Oil we definitely have a right to this. Especially considering all of our problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join