It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant the so-called UFO experts on Larry King's show answer the question

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

I differ with your statement. There were three or more sightings above and around Phoenix. The Mountain top enigma was only part of the action. The previous night was the first sighting of orbs and was video'd. The following day a mega-boomerang shaped model flew over homes and people in the late afternoon.

The former Governor Symington has recently come forward as a witness to the event stressing he himself noticed structure and his antics at the time (1997) with holding a comical news conference w/his aide in a ALien outfit was done to calm the public. At the time I was not at all impressed with his action, but did respect Barwood's efforts in trying to raise the subject in open Council Session.

Lastly, I agree w/dgtempe re King's performance last night, on the UFO problem and add, if there was a night King needed a Sit-In host it was last night. Though I do credit King with airing UFO-specific shows over the years.

If the Air Force says they had no flight operations that night (which was the AF first public statement) then the experienced researcher would have asked the question in a very different way, ie: Did any Flights land or take off from the base that night?
I say this as it's possible there is a quasi-military secret intercept operation happening all over the USA and Canada, that upon a UFO Flap, the Secret Group fly-in and take over the base using their own special equipment (including Specialized Aircraft).

Dallas

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello all,

My 2 cents: I'm going to have to disagree with admriker444 about this particular show. It seems to me that Larry is actually turning over a new leaf - after all he didn't even introduce the skeptic until the last half of the show which gave the UFO witnesses a full 30 minutes more airtime than James Mcgaha - and at least it wasn't Michael Schirmer (I really can't stand that smug look on his face). Whether or not Larry King is a good host - you have to give the opposition enough time to respond. It was James Mcgaha who did a poor job responding. At any rate, admriker444 asked the question in the opening of this thread:

Why cant the so-called UFO experts on Larry King's show answer the question

Let me Stanton Friedman from the transcript:

and so there are concerns about the overall impact, about how we think about ourselves. And, you know, people say why don't they land on the White House lawn? The president of the United States -- I know this will shock you, but the president of the United States does not speak for six billion Earthlings. Sometimes he doesn't speak for 300 million Americans. No way. So there are some serious concerns along those lines about where do we go from here? You know, we're a planet where nationalism is the only game in town. I don't need to tell you that. Would this change things? The galactic federation doesn't allow individual countries any more than the United Nations allows individual cities to belong, wouldn't you say? So there are serious implications here.

Larry King simply replied - Wow.

I don't want to sound like too optimistic but this past year we have seen some new and major developments in the field of Ufology. The media, all of the sudden, is taking the subject more seriously than it has before and that's a good sign. This is the second show of this type that Larry King has done where he hasn't scoffed at the ufologists. I'm thinking either he's a believer now or he's actually seen one with his own two eyes.

[edit on 19/1/08 by WickedStar]

[edit on 19/1/08 by WickedStar]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In the 40's and 50's there was a rash of ufo citings. Lots of people reported seeing strange craft or saucers shaped craft. These usually were people seeing top secret experimental craft, such as the Flying wing.

So in 20 years the USAF will release pictures of their newly released, declassified stealth craft which should look exactly like what people saw in Texas.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I find it rather curious that the skeptic McGaha would state the he believes in the possibility of extra terrestrial intelligent life yet is completely closed to the idea of them visiting Earth. Here is a man who accepts the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere that has even less evidence for it but doesn’t believe visitation from intelligent life which has a huge catalog behind it. If he accepts one possibility he has to accept the other.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I thought Larry was actually good, remember his job is to give both sides of the story equal airtime, and let them fight it out...Frankly Stanton wasn't much help, Larry was right in asking "Why?", "Why Stanton the alleged cover-up?"

I'm sure his staff makes the first two calls to (a) the skeptic, and (b) James Fox.

I thought James Fox asked the pertinent question, if there's any military out there with evidence on the Stephenville, or any other case, to give him a shout. I'm sure he's thrilled he can ask for material for his next DVD on Larry's show!

The two girls were adamant about having actually seen a craft in Phoenix in 1997, I though they were more convincing than the skeptic, who could of pushed the airplane witness Mitch Stanley a bit more!

Anyhow, someone post a link to the youtube of the show (if not already done), for posterity. Thx.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by senshido]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It would definitely seem to me that King's a believer or else he wouldn't be doing so many UFO shows. And I'm sure if he ever saw one he would have said that by now but to my knowledge, I've never heard him admitting that... I think he came to his conclusions that they are out there just by interviewing people like Freidman and UFO witnesses... and looking at photo's of UFO's.

I know that before I had my sighting a few years ago, it seemed pretty apparent to me that there were such things as Ufos because we live in an area of the country where many here have seen them -- a lot of people here know someone with a UFO story so when you're around that all of the time, one just takes it for granted that they are real because there are trusted family and friends who are telling you about their sightings during get-togethers.

But still, there's no match for seeing the real thing with your own 2 eyes and I was fortunate to have 3 others with me... a family from Taiwan, on a street corner of a road that runs along Lake Erie where we saw a huge, absolutely silent UFO triangle hovering over the shoreline one late afternoon. Then we saw another triangle appear further off into the distance and after they both zipped off in a blink of an eye we then saw 2 military jets thundering across the sky after them. So when you see something like that, you KNOW with absolute certainty that these things are real -- no question about it.

Since then, a lot of other things have happened .. mainly what turns up on playback when I'm using my webcam to record movies. Strange looking beings would show up in my movies usually just by turning on my cam and directing it at a blank wall. I found this VERY intriguing so I went on to experiment in this area which has basically opened up a whole new world for me. Other paranormal related things have happened too since I had that sighting but in any case, this is why I'm here participating in this forum. Sure, I've had unusual paranormal experiences all my life including strange lucid dreams that are UFO/Alien themed, but since that Triangle UFO sighting, things have picked up considerably. It's like that sighting "ACTIVATED ME".

Oddly enough though, I'm not ruling out that those Triangles were man-made because they looked too solid and real as opposed to something that looks like some kind of a dimensional bleed-through of some sort. So in this regard, I can understand why many witnesses could swear that these UFO's are as real as the chair your sitting in. So for this reason, I'm very intrigued by those conspiracy theories about the gov't cover-up of advanced alien based technology and so on...

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I think that this is exactly the right path in understanding the "conspiracy". I believe that Tesla and Lynne were on the right path to understanding the way to "free energy". I think that the theories of the Electric Universe are right on. ...even to a no college knucklehead like me. The elec. model just seems to fit. The ability to tap into this energy will change everything!

This will truly free us from oil dependency, no more wars for oil, no more oppressive corporate run government.Maybe just one final war to see who controls this technology.(unless the U.S already does have it .)

But what will finally bring this about is the BIG question.We know that the PTB will never disclose unless there is a way to profit from "free energy".It's a catch 22.What event will bring it about?ET mass landing"Welcome to the Galactic Fed."?Will the PTB be forced to due to major climatic changes due to the 2012/solar cyclic event? The PTB will come to us as saviors"We have known about insert cataclysmic/world changing event for some time and our scientists have come up with this plan/technology to save you all or just a few select chosen ones."

Disclosure on a show like LKL will never happen IMO.

I don't know..just the ramblings of an angry lied too frustrated citizen.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Re: the Larry King program last night. I too wanted to kick the television while that guy was speaking. It drives me nutz listening to these debunkers speak. They are so smug and arrogant, sitting there attempting to discount what others have seen, when they weren't even there! And then he kept repeating that there "is no evidence" of UFO's, as if the eye-witness testimony of millions counts for nothing. I'll bet if he saw his neighbor stealing his car, his eye-witness testimony would be sacrosanct! It's good enough for court. And more real than that toupee he was wearing-- that thing was so cheap, it should've had a chin strap. Sorry, couldn't resist. On the other hand, I thought at the time, that his attempts to debunk were so lame as to be laughable and frankly, I felt he hung himself with his own rope.

What did get me on another level though, was the statement made by one of the women about witnessing the craft overhead, and I'm paraphrasing... something to the effect of: I didn't know what it was, but I figured I'd turn on the t.v. in the morning and they'd tell me what it was. Yikes. Translation: I don't dare think for myself. The television will tell me what to think.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magilla

This will truly free us from oil dependency, no more wars for oil, no more oppressive corporate run government.Maybe just one final war to see who controls this technology.(unless the U.S already does have it .)

But what will finally bring this about is the BIG question.We know that the PTB will never disclose unless there is a way to profit from "free energy".It's a catch 22.What event will bring it about?ET mass landing"Welcome to the Galactic Fed."?

Things like the Potomac Energy Project and AERO may finally bring it about

This site has been up and running for months now, I'm still surprised no one at ATS is talking about this, as this is HUGE news!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

I had a close encounter when I was in the second grade (early 70s). The object was not large, only as big as a car, hovering close to the ground. But like the object described on Larry King's show last night, it was black - featureless except for a single light in the center - and it was SILENT. The encounter ended when it flew behind some trees and simply vanished.

I do not think these objects could be undetectable by sound, or radar, or other energy signature unless then were trans-dimensional, or had the ability to cloak, vis-a-vis some light altering technology (anyone heard or seen on NOVA - the recent experiment where an MIT or Harvard physicist slowed the speed of light in a Bose/Einstein condensate?)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I watched this last night and I have to agree with the people here who said the debunker looked a fool and added more credibility to the witnesses. I didn't understand why the "debunker" kept acting as if he were the almighty of UFO knowledge when speaking of the pheonix lights and then in the same breath admitting he wasn't there and didnt see it himself...

I loved the blonde woman who said she didnt care enough about the subject to spend time researching it she just saw what she saw.. to me that said ALOT and made me beleive them instead of the "expert"

I may laugh and joke about UFO's and little green men but in reality I am begining to think maybe just maybe.. we are NOT alone....

[edit on 1/19/2008 by undiscoveredsoul]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What i like it's when the skeptic say to monica," you are not train to look in the sky", lol the craft was just over her head, "hey look, a flare, this the new one, they are 1 miles wide, they are V shapped can stand on a position for a while and take off..."

This flare explanation make me laugh, does flare can stand like this for minutes without moving? i don't think so, flares is supposed to move!

The guy just don't look comfortable, he know he is wrong but can't admit it!

Also, it's the first time i saw ufo beliver presented as the credible person and skeptic as the fool.

Nice show

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why on earth did you not bring up the prevailing issues here on ATS, UFO's and 911 truth? I was ashamed that you let a golden opportunity like that go by.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

what angers me about Larry King's UFO shows is the debunkers always go unchallenged. The flare theory was proven to be false a long time ago when an expert examined the light seen on film and determined it to be nothing like flares. Friedman and the other guy just sat there and said nothing.

Also anyone notice that the debunker didnt have an answer to the two witnesses statement that the object blocked out the stars ? He just kept repeating it was flares and that people are mistaken thinkin it was a solid object.

Considering the debunker was completely ignoring the evidence and using disproven information to try and discredit the report, I would think he's a disinformation agent working for the shadow govt. Plus he's an ex USAF pilot

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The way to handle someone you don't agree with is to prove them wrong with facts and evidence. The only thing proved by people calling someone names is that they are immature. Especially when that person is not here to defend their position. Show some facts to dispute this fellow? Do any exist?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
phoenix lights = flares

www.youtube.com...

unless those 2 women are talking about the 8pm "sighting" they saw flares that night.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

This doesn't prove that the lights were flares at all. It only shows that the lights winked out because they dropped below the mountain.

And that guy could have been ordered to claim that the lights were flares. (disinfo)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I want to make an addendum to my previous post:

What really does nick me about Larry's UFO programs is that the vast majority of the ufo footage he shows during the intros and between segments are proven hoax videos. Sorry for the small post.

Wicked

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
phoenix lights = flares

www.youtube.com...

unless those 2 women are talking about the 8pm "sighting" they saw flares that night.

Ok, if you have a video, i have one too

www.youtube.com...

my question: Maybe these were military flares..But, can they be dropped to cover up another "flare" or object?

my answer: i dont know. but, why not..?

[edit on 19-1-2008 by commodore64]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by commodore64]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Things like the Potomac Energy Project and AERO may finally bring it about

This site has been up and running for months now, I'm still surprised no one at ATS is talking about this, as this is HUGE news!

Steven Greer is in charge of AERO, and I'm still waiting to see any evidence from him about the Lilliputian aliens he saw in a secret underground military bunker.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join