It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free mason question.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
Well, heres how you look at it. In every ten people how many can you expect to be perfect people? No all of them, thats for sure. I am sure that there are lodges that may have been corrupted. Does not mean all masons are the same. Do not judge them as those who hunger for the knoweledge, but do not deserve it. For they are jealous indeed. Do what you feel is right. If it feels right to join the lodge, then do so. If not, then dont join. Easy as that.

Yeah I know, I would like to take more of a philosophical approach to God but for now I am just going to stick with the philosophy that's in the bible and talk with that wise man called my father-in-law. Heck, you're right, corruption is not only tied to freemasons, but I just feel like it opens the door a little more to corruption. I would hate to be getting OT at work for example and somehow somebody I work with that is not getting finds out about it, then all of a sudden my OT stops and for some reason I start getting bad reviews for example. That would, well you know...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is a Biblical curse associated with the FreeMasons organization I believe
www.ritualabusefree.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Yacov

Let us examine this bible course, shall we?

The course is based off of one quote, to which the author claims is proof of some masonic plan of salvation:

"as a Master, the Mason is taught the last, the most important and most necessary of truths, that having been faithful to all his trust, he is at last to die, and to receive the rewards of his fidelity."

This is most interesting, because the authors selectively choose to not quote other parts of ritual which specifically instruct the mason to follow his own religion. How convenient. Nevertheless, examining only this quote is all we need to see that the entire basis of this "study" falls down flat on its face.

Any actual READING of the quote says simply that in the 3rd degree we are taught that we will all eventually die, and when we do, we will receive the rewards of our fidelity. The DICTIONARY definition of fidelity is "strict observance of duties."

There are three great duties of a mason which are taught in the 1st degree: to God, neighbor, and to the mason himself. The first of these is God: "...to God, in never mentioning his name but with that reverential awe due from a creature to his creator, in imploring his aid in all your laudable undertakings, and esteeming Him as the chief good."

The quote used simply conveys that, when we die, we will receive the rewards due to us from the observation of this duty. It is about has far away from a salvation plan as possible, since that only comes from God and each mason is told to obey his own individual religion therefore esteem God as the chief good in the context of his own faith.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Yes. There are two penalties in Freemasonry...suspension and expulsion. If you are suspended, you can at some time be reinstated to full membership. When you are expelled you are no longer a Mason...and you never will be again.

Just a small correction:

In some jurisdictions, including my own, it is possible to eventually be restored to membership after one has been expelled. In order to do so, the expelled member must first petition Grand Lodge for general reinstatement, which will then be voted upon by the general membership at the Annual Communication. If it is approved, he must then apply for reinstatement in his subordinate Lodge.

No expelled member may apply for reinstatement if currently under criminal charges or probation.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Some jurisdictions in the US have changed their rules to allow Masons to invite men to join, if done "discretely." But most jurisdictions around the world still forbid overt recruiting of members.

Start your research into Freemasonry by looking at either (or both) Freemasons For Dummies or The Complete Idiots Guide To Freemasonry, both written by respected Masons, both published by large, reputable publishers, and both with answers to most of your questions.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Research and read the Georgia Guidestone and decide if you want to be a part of an organization with that agenda. Ask the Freemasons to allow you to view the oath required to be taken at level 32. If they willingly give it up, I would question the validity.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So who would join freemasonry blindly, would you join a club that won’t let you know anything about them, my question was presented to a mason “why should I join, what’s in it for me” the reply was – “we do favours in exchange for favours, this is common knowledge, usually favours are for cash “ .......................................?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anonubis

This is curious. Why would you reply to 7 different 2 year old posts? Whats your motivation? Do you have answers ?

[edit on 4/9/10 by scooterstrats]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join