It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby in womb And Surgeon Holding Hands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Take a good look at this picture. It's one of the most remarkable photographs ever taken. The tiny hand of a foetus reaches out from a mother's womb to clasp a surgeon's healing finger. It is, by the way, 21 weeks old, an age at which it could still be legally aborted. The tiny hand in the picture above belongs to a baby which is due to be born on December 28. It was taken during an operation in America recently. Paul Harris reports on a medical development in the control of the effects of spina bifida ... and on a picture which will reverberate through the on-going abortion debate here

Baby holding hands of surgeon

This is a most amazing picture and story. Who can justify the murder of the unborn among us?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

good lord that pic is so old and its not real whatsoever

rehash

close thread

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

rehash

close thread

It is, in fact, dated (1999), it is NOT, in fact, "not real". It is a real picture, although the stories that have been attached to it have been made up.

The described surgery was taking place. The baby was 21 weeks old. The baby's arm did emerge from the womb. Then the doctor reached over and basically pushed it back in so he could close the incision. The baby grasped his finger from the stimulus.

P.S. Stripping away the fiction that has been tied to this makes the picture no less awesome. I think it is beautiful.

[edit on 1-18-2008 by Valhall]

[edit on 1-18-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Man this is an old "tale".

This is a big fat FALSE "story". Sorry.

www.snopes.com...
Real photo, false story.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

The photo is real but the accompanying description is almost always false. See: Here. This is a conspiracy (with those that claim a baby inside the womb is just a mindless fetus) but I'm not sure how it's a religious conspiracy. Most religions are against abortion. It's the secularists and humanists that reduce a budding human life to "a choice."

[edit on 1/18/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
but I'm not sure how it's a religious conspiracy. Most religions are against abortion. It's the secularists and humanists that reduce a budding human life to "a choice."

[edit on 1/18/2008 by AshleyD]

The conspiracy IS the attempt to minimize the true effects of the picture, all the excuses to bury it, to say its a lie. Wheather taken an hour ago or 30 years ago the effect is the same. LIFE in the womb is human life and REQUIRES a chance to be born and survive.

FACT.........it happened.

Pro-abortion is a religion..........in fact a cult of death...........

Perhaps even millions and millions of innocent deaths paving the way for the "anti-christ" to walk this earth. That would make it a conspiracy of the highest order.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The picture is very impressive indeed.

I think what boggles my mind in regard to abortion is just how many babies have been aborted since it's enactment (1973). Do you realize that we have allowed an entire generation of people to be wiped out, and this pours over into the absence of people to support the Social Security, not to mention the young men that have been wiped out that could have been used for military need, etc...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Also with the murder of millions, how many Einstiens, Gallaleo's, etc, have been murdered that could have cured all disease, or created new energy sources, solved all man's ills.................

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To me this has always been an odd issue. And this is just throwing my 2 cents in,
On one hand I would never consent or would want an abortion. I think the males rights are extremely stomped on due to it IS in a womans body. Perhaps working on a incubation system, where if the Father, Grand Mother, People wanting to adopt was invented it may help a lot of people. Perhaps that what the seculars should be spending their money on instead of the print/TV etc media. Actually figure out a way to save the life , then just relying on telling others they are wrong. (Which never works IMHO).

I do believe, if performed quickly, in cases of rape, incest etc It may be the best thing, though, I am still on the fence. But these are my opinions and decisions and in NO WAY would I want a government controlling that.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Or for that matter how many Timothy McVeighs, John Wayne Gacys, Adolf Hitlers, or Joseph Stalins?
I'm not going to say I particularly like abortion, but i hate this particular argument.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Abortion is evil, and is the tool of evil, so naturally the good would be aborted in favor of increased evil. Just look at the increase in evil since 1973 in the US. Heck Jimmy Carter got elected, he is pure evil.........then Clinton, more evil, perhaps even Clinton reruns, more evil............

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

To put it bluntly if a woman wants to have an abortion it is her right to do so. It is her body and if she doesn't want the child then not you or anyone else has the right to tell her otherwise.

Why don't you go mental over all the unfertilized eggs that get bled out every month - they have the potential to be people or what about all those poor sperm that don't get the chance? Are all male masturbaters murderers?

G

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
To put it bluntly if a woman wants to have an abortion it is her right to do so. It is her body and if she doesn't want the child then not you or anyone else has the right to tell her otherwise.

What about the baby's body growing inside of her? Does it not have any rights?

Statistically, rape and incest make up 2% of reported abortions (possibly more if the victim is ashamed and does not want to admit to such causes of the pregnancy which is understandable).

98% of abortions come down to not wanting the child to interfere with life, finances, education, and relationships.

That is truly sad. To commit a murder because the life is inconvenient to you. When will people wake up?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

What about the baby's body growing inside of her? Does it not have any rights?
Well not really, that child could die anyway. In fact most of the time pregnancies are self terminated by the body anyway.

Statistically, rape and incest make up 2% of reported abortions (possibly more if the victim is ashamed and does not want to admit to such causes of the pregnancy which is understandable).

98% of abortions come down to not wanting the child to interfere with life, finances, education, and relationships.
what about when the mothers life is at risk? or the child has severe disabilities etc - is abortion allowed in any case in your view?

That is truly sad. To commit a murder because the life is inconvenient to you. When will people wake up?
As I said it is the right of the individual to make that choice whether you like it or not and however much you disagree is immaterial.

G

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There are valid reasons for a doctor to perform an abortion. However, I feel that abortion should not be utilized as a method of birth control. If people are going to engage in sexual activity, they should be responsible enough to take precautions.

As for the picture, the mother and the baby were both under anesthesia. The baby’s hand fell out and the surgeon gently placed it back. No drama, just surgery.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Pro-abortion is a religion...

That is so stupid but I am willing to go along with it. If it is a religion then abortion is a protected First Amendment Right.

Too bad we don't have a religion which espouses the idea and practice of aborting unwanted adults. Oh! How silly of me! We do have such a religion called Capital Punishment, and many if not most of you christians are among its most vocal advocates! Tell me. Do you think it matters if a convict feels pain or suffers while he/she is being aborted - um ah - executed?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

what about when the mothers life is at risk? or the child has severe disabilities etc - is abortion allowed in any case in your view?

I think I alluded to some circumstances where abortion should be allowed. The mother's life being in danger is one of them (in my opinion only). Again, there are some abortions that take place due to heartbreaking circumstances (rape, incest, and mortal danger to the mother). But statistically this is so rare. The majority of abortions are matter of convenience.

And it really has nothing to do with my religious views- I detested the concept of abortion back when I was an unbeliever. But you have to see where I'm coming from. I'm one of those weirdos who scoops up a bug and places it outside instead of squishing it. Human life is immensely more valuable to me than a beetle on my floor. I love kids- always have. The methods that are used to abort these innocent babies have always horrified me.

Originally posted by darkelf
There are valid reasons for a doctor to perform an abortion. However, I feel that abortion should not be utilized as a method of birth control. If people are going to engage in sexual activity, they should be responsible enough to take precautions.

I completely agree with this. Abortion should never be an after-the-fact form of birth control. Some tragedies happen and it is rare that it is not the mother's fault. But they are so rare and disproportionate to the abortions for the sake of birth control.

Originally posted by Lilitu
Capital Punishment... Do you think it matters if a convict feels pain or suffers while he/she is being aborted - um ah - executed?

This is somewhat comparing apples and oranges. First of all, the criminals new well in advance the laws and potential consequences of their action. Secondly, death sentences go through numerous appeals and are actually very, very rare. Third, it is more likely the person will die on death of of old age or disease before their sentence is carried out.

But the main point is: They committed a crime. What did an innocent baby do? Give it a few more months and you would have this:

It breaks my heart. Breaks it. Especially when you know what the methods of abortion entails. It's horrifying.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But the main point is: They committed a crime. What did an innocent baby do?

Yes the convict committed a crime and deserved execution just like your jesus committed a capital offence and deserved getting nailed. The "innocent" baby didn't do anything. Only living, thinking feeling individuals can experience life and do things but this is beside the point. You cannot have it both ways. You are either pro-life or you are pro-death (sorry for thinking in a bi-polar manner but that is the cognitive style most christians exhibit). I think christians are and always have been pro-death. The symbol of that deadly religion says it all and their history abundantly confirms it.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
Yes the convict committed a crime and deserved execution just like your jesus committed a capital offence and deserved getting nailed. The "innocent" baby didn't do anything. Only living, thinking feeling individuals can experience life and do things but this is beside the point. You cannot have it both ways. You are either pro-life or you are pro-death (sorry for thinking in a bi-polar manner but that is the cognitive style most christians exhibit). I think christians are and always have been pro-death. The symbol of that deadly religion says it all and their history abundantly confirms it.

Your religious bias against Christianity is noted but can we please discuss abortion without insulting a belief system or making wide generalizations that all Christians and only Christians are against abortion or for the death penalty? It is a total stereotype and not to mention ignorant.

You went off on a tangent against Christianity being "pro death" which is totally irrelevant, ignorant, and stereotypical. Debate abortion. It gets interesting. The babies, or "fetuses" as pro-choicers like to call them, have been shown to cringe in self defense at the needles and forceps. It is sickening. And do not get me started on partial birth abortions. You do not have to be a Christian to be appalled. It only takes being a human being. Again, I was pro life long before I accepted Christ.

If you can stick to the topic instead of bringing religion into this and acting ignorant and generalizing, it would be wonderful. Many thanks in advance.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Your religious bias against Christianity is noted but can we please discuss abortion without insulting a belief system or making wide generalizations that all Christians and only Christians are against abortion or for the death penalty? It is a total stereotype and not to mention ignorant.

Since this is the Conspiracies in religion forum and the OP made no mention of anything even remotely conspratorial and since the mods haven't deleted what amounts to an "Ah isn't that cute thread" then I too feel free to voice my opinion freely. Furthermore I never said or implied that "all Christians and only Christians are against abortion or for the death penalty". However it is undeniable that it is christians, evangelicals in particular who are driving the pro-life movement. As for my bias, I should think my display of christian virtues (bias and intollerance) would endear me to you.

Originally posted by AshleyDYou went off on a tangent against Christianity being "pro death" which is totally irrelevant, ignorant, and stereotypical.

It most certainly is relevent because christians are indeed lovers of death. This is exposed by right-wing evangelical support of capitol punishment and by your support of US war policy in the Mid-East and elsewhere. You people would be delighted to see an Armageddon blow away two thirds of humanity just so you can get your pie in the sky.

Originally posted by AshleyDIf you can stick to the topic instead of bringing religion into this and acting ignorant and generalizing, it would be wonderful. Many thanks in advance.

LOL! I would think that most any comments about religion would be at least tangentially on topic in a forum named "Conspiracies in RELIGION". But since you asked, let's discuss the conspiratorial aspect. The Christian Pro-life movement isn't really about saving babies. I don't care how many cute or vile pictures and their fraudulent stories you post. As Jill at The Rude Pundit wrote

The "pro-life" movement isn't about valuing life at all. It's not about babies, and it's certainly not about any other born humans. It's about social control, and dictating your sexual choices. Life has almost nothing to do with it -- rather, it's about limiting personal and sexual choices as much as possible, and using legal and legislative means to insure that there's only one choice available to everyone: Sex within the context of a heterosexual marriage for procreative purposes only.

This is part of the reason why they go after groups like Planned Parenthood. Yes, Planned Parenthood provides abortions at some of its locations -- but the organization dedicates far greater resources to education, healthcare and pregnancy-prevention programs. They just refuse to tell their clients that there's only one best way to live, and if you make choices that differ from a very narrow ideal, then you deserve the "consequences."

And the consequences of anti-choice policies are obvious. They cause more uninteded pregnancies, and therefore more abortions, than they prevent. They put women and girls in desperate situations, sometimes with tragic results. They kill women and girls around the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join