It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people assume they are unique or know something no one else does?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok, time for my rant.

Why in the world do people learn of the POSSIBILITY of something, and then make it FACT in their minds?

Do they think they are smarter than others? Do they believe they are somehow unique in that they can understand something other people cannot?

It's extremely frustrating to see how blind some people can be and making their whole belief system into a solid, unquestionable fact.

Me, I like to learn new things, but it doesn't mean I'll believe in everything I hear, and then call it 'know'. I do admit that many things probably are true, but someone should not turn believing into knowing without some proof. It is one thing to believe that something PROBABLY will happen, it is another to say and believe that you KNOW something will happen.

You can never know something 100% without PROOF. You can BELIEVE it for less. But to treat others' knowledge as a lack thereof by anything less than 100% is just pure naive.

So when people come here on ATS and try to preach to others about stuff they 'know' WITHOUT proof positive, well that really grinds my gears. Whether it's Satan vs. God, or the world ending in 2012, here is a quote which I think expands to those and far more:

"When you understand why you don't believe in my god, you'll understand why I don't believe in yours".

This is NOT meant as a religious bashing, but more of a WAKE UP PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE DOES NOT SHARE THE SAME VIEWS AS YOU OR THINKS YOUR NUTS!!!

Phew...rant over. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
But everyone is unique.

We are all special.

It's very easy to spout crap, whether that's brain washed BS or sarcasm from behind a keyboard. I know I'm more than guilty of it, well the sarcasm anyway!

MonKey

new topics

join