It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Weapons, Explosives Arrested near Supreme Court; Bomb Squad Called

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

blowing the locks of the door,

bomb squad guy checking out car now.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

it was a water cannon it was used to blow the door incase there was any trigger hooked between the possible bomb and the door. the water cannon is preety cool acthuly it uses a very powerful blast of highly pressurized water . they do it to blow doors and generaly "vibrate and shake" the vehicle to set of any possible traps or motion triggers like a mercury switch. although technicly if a mercury switch would have been used the bomb would have to have been extremly stabalized durning transport because they are very easy to trigger and a slight jolt can set it off. but there are variouse other motion sensor style triggers that can be used. but if it was a home made bomb the mercury switch would be the most common motion activated trigger available due to its availability at any radio shack and most local electronics stores and its cheap but effective nature.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
this just goes to show that even if people revolted they would get the govermental smack down. now im not saying i condone this behaviour or that the man wasent just some nut bar with a lot of weapons and a bone to pick but if he was that well armed and armored and he went down quietly what chance does a revoloution have.

edit: i cant spell

[edit on 1/18/2008 by krill]

well there is quite a difference in one person doing it
and thousands doing it together

would make it hard as he!! to repel.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

yes but getting that kind of large scale orginazation and all that that entails would be very difficult espicaly with the domestic spying, echelon (sp), traitors, and the alphabet soup . now if there was a way to avoid all those pitfalls , gather the like minded people, find like minded people with out giving out enough info to a stranger for him to be a liability, raise the funds that would be needed to cover everything from gear and weaponry to training manuels and food and clothing with out sending up redflags all over the place. find a safe enough place to use as a base of operations, get people to agree with some form of leadership because as we know no leadership and it wont get off the ground. and then train the people enough to be even semi -effective . youd still have to defeat the worlds strongest military force and a literal army of police both regular and riot and swat trained before you could even make a dent.

now im not saying it isent a wonderful idea, i acthuly think it is thats why im even discussing it. but against those odds , on that scale it would at least to me seem damn near impossible, im not saying it could never happen but it would take years maybe even decades to get it to a point where its even conevable.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by krill]

apc

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I smell tin foil. Consider the Supreme Court is expected to make a potentially precedent setting Second Amendment ruling this year...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

i havent heard anything about that could you tell me more or possibly u2u me about it. if you can id be very gratefull.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
reply to post by infinite

i think if it was just a security test then the gun would not have been loaded. i think there is much more than a security test going on here.

Makes me wonder if perhaps it could be a set-up. For example; oh look, here is an armed guy about to cause trouble in the capital. We must enact yet another new act to limit even more of the citizen's freedoms so we can prevent this kind of event from happening again.

The weapons were not what one would expect if the person was truly serious and just the way it went down...to just walk up there and give up so easily.

It could be as another poster stated, that the man's life has gotten so bad that he may have been interested in 3 squares and a place to sleep out of the cold.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

while its deffinitly possible it was someone seeking 3 hots and a cot. i feel that this as you and i have stated is more then likely a created event. the man has a known crimanal record. with the goverment being what it is and what its capable of i dont see it being difficult to direct this man to this act, the fact he was armed and armored to the nines yet put up no resistance screams to me that something isent kosher. also they said that they got a hit off explosives in the truck yet he never attempted detenation. his odd choice of bringing a bow if the original reports are correct raises a red flag its self first he had a loaded shot gun and unless it was loaded with some form of slug it wouldent be useful at long range but a bow is about useless against some one with a gun and the training to use it. he also brought a sword which is a smart move seeing as if he was in extremly close quarters the shot gun could be avoided or even taken from him. this to me shows a little planning in the thought of this . yet when confronted he just gave up, no fight, no shots fired, no trying to flee. whether through mind control, blackmail, or good old fashion threats to family or friends this has all the markings of a performed stunt. now one theory that has crossed my conspiracy addled mind was what if this is connected to the bomb threat on the world bank , what if he called it in as a diversion hoping it would take the cops attention away so that he was able to reach a intended target. of course this theory also fails to hold up when you consider the fact he gave up with out a fight. a terror act in my oppinion is out of the question if it was a terror act he would have tried to detonate the bomb or at minnimum shot at the cops trying to prevent him from reaching his intended target. so the theory im going with at this time is a controled and organized act with what purpose remains to be seen although the user apc may have a theory as to the reason why. he did mention a up coming supreme court ruling haveing to do with the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My vote is False Flag.

Look, a "Homegrown Terrorist" went to the capital armed to the teeth.

Oh.. a "Homegrown Terrorist" called in a bomb threat

Apparently HR1955 is not an all terrain vehicle, the path must be appropriately paved..

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why didn't the media label him as terrorist?

Isn't this act of terror?

Geez, media always forgets sometimes....

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
An inappropriately armed man walks onto Capitol Hill grounds in broad daylight and gives up without a struggle.

He never had much of a chance of accomplishing anything.

He has a long arrest record.

Chalk this one up to a dumb move by a mentally unstable individual. That's all, folks. It happens from time to time down there.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You offer the most likely explanation of what happened. I don't know why any person or persons would set him up for such a doomed planned.

Time will tell, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From Free Republic

Police said they found the man's truck parked at Louisiana Avenue and D Street NW. Officers were alarmed to see wires coming out of the glove box and propane tanks in the vehicle, Gainer said. Streets were closed as the Capitol Police bomb squad inspected the vehicle, but it "was not rigged" to explode, he said.

I don't think anyone posted this yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
anyone heard a update about this yet, i havent heared anything and cant seem to find anything online you would think some form of info would have been issued by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join