It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Weapons, Explosives Arrested near Supreme Court; Bomb Squad Called

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

The Capitol Police had a brief presser where they said they have the suspect in custody, the details on where have been sketchy so far.

Robot update; broke side window and pulled an article that looked like clothing and dropped it on the ground and is now back checking out the interior.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why go to a secure target, like the Supreme Court?

Distraction maybe? Other terrorist organisation have used this method before in the past, wouldn't be surprised if something else happens

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yea I was thinking about that eariler too.

Very interesting co-incodences.

reply to post by krill

Ya those thoughts poped into my head too when I read how fast he went down.

reply to post by Griff

Thanks for the clarification. I was guessing seeing as im a Cannuck

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow!
I wonder what the heck is going on. A guy armed to the teeth with backups to spare in his rig just walks out and gives up? Something just ain't right here.

His selection of weapons are a strange assortment as well. That is the only thing that makes me think it's just a wacko that's played to many video games instead of a clever plot.

Hmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Unless he is a decoy.

FOXNews live feed isn't working, so I cannot comment any further. So, you guys have to keep me updated on what is happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

the choice of arms does seem strange i mean if i had a gun , armored vest and a sword what in the hell would i need with a bow? i can see the gun and vest and well the sword thats good to should allways have a melee weapon for when out of amo or in to close of quarters. but what is up with the bow?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
CNN has blessed me with a live feed!

Bomb squad checking a car, but were there explosives actually reported because I am currently confused

Wasn't shots fired at the Capital a year ago? the old ATS thread is around here somewhere.

*Car contains items of "concerns"

[edit on 18-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
there was a hit on explosives they are saying now, they also said that the shotgun was loaded. so at least he wasent bringing a empty gun . he was within 150 yards of the capital according to msnbc.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was watching this unwrap on fox news and I was gazing at the robo cop poking around inside the vehicle when it withdrew its arm and backed up some. Than it dropped something off its arm and kind of remained stationary as if the cop manipulating robo thing got all flustered when the arm dropped its part on the pavement. Must of been a moment of wtf for the cops in the control command center seeing robo bot drop parts of itself while the world watched.

They sure are playing this gig big time....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Latest presser from Capitol police is kinda confusing though they said they were going to evacuate half of the Teamster's building and that the robot was going to disrupt the vehicle and there might be a small bang associated with this procedure.

They did not say there was a bomb but they are definitely taking every precaution at this time.

UPDATE; FNC reporter saying the disrupting procedure is the robot using a high powered water jet to disrupt a suspicious item, I am not familiar with what kind of pressure we are talking about maybe someone more knowledgeable of these robot systems can explain.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

they dont know if its his truck but it is "associated" with him, they said they havent connected it with the world bank, they are only saying he had a shot gun, they wont confirm other weapons at this time, there were no injuries and no shots fired, they wont say if he is cooperating or not .

[edit on 1/18/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

As my Dad said, who served in Northern Ireland with the British Army, if it looks suspicious you just blow the thing up. Better to be safe than sorry.

Could this be a dry run? Yeah, the guy handed himself in but he could of been just testing the security?...who knows, just a theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i think if it was just a security test then the gun would not have been loaded. i think there is much more than a security test going on here.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't know if there is anything going on here except maybe that this guy got hit hard by the current economic situation, who knows, could have lost his job, family and blames the government as others have said.

It has happened before.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
they just said the man has a long arrest record. and they said they heared he is not cooperating with the cops. this is seeming less like someone who was just hit by hard times and seems to be something larger. what thuis tells me is that if they know his record they know who he is and if he isent cooperating he must have had id on him or they ran his prints allready and it brought up his record.

edited to add info

[edit on 1/18/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
seems to be something larger.

I agree.

Two cops are playing with the robot thing as we speak. Personally, I don't think we've seen the end of this. If he is not talking than he is probably hiding something. Who knows what.

Let's hope I am wrong and he is just a whacko taking matter's into his own hands.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

well the lone nut job theory is looking good cuzz if this was a terror incident the more than likely would not have taken him with out a fight or collateral damage. if it was meant for a terror act the guy probly would have fought to the bone or not have been taken alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Are they going to carry out a controlled explosion?

Oh the robot is moving!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

well i just heard there going to use water cannon blasts to disrupt the vehicle. as screwed as this is i knew it was goona be a exciting day i even said so in a post early this morning.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is it just me or does their little robot look hokey as all get out.?

And what was that little charge that they shot in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join