It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Weapons, Explosives Arrested near Supreme Court; Bomb Squad Called

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Man With Weapons, Explosives Arrested near Supreme Court; Bomb Squad Called

www.kptm.com

Washington DC (KPTM) - FOX News and Roll Call newspaper out of Washington DC are reporting that a man has been arrested near the Supreme Court and a US Senate building this afternoon.

Roll Call reports that Capitol Police have taken into custody a man seen carrying a shotgun. FOX News is reporting that the bomb squad has been called to the scene.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/18/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This was just aired as an alert, it had a video of a vehicle which appeared to be a late 70's- mid 80's Chevy Blazer fullsize.

Police told the reporter that a bomb squad is being called in to check out the suspects vehicle.

I haven't found an article, yet.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Could you provide a like of source please. The Source is not linking to your article.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here is another piece on this situation:

Capitol Hill Police Arrest Armed Man

9NEWS NOW's Bruce Leshan has learned from Capitol Police sources that they have arrested an armed man.

The man was walking down 1st St NE with a tactical vest, a loaded shotgun, a tactical bow and arrow and a samurai sword in a hidden case behind his back.

Dogs alerted to explosives of the man's vehicle which contains more weapons.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A few more info from the USA today piece:

Report: Man with shotgun detained near U.S. Capitol

...Update at 2:52 p.m. ET: CNN producer Ted Barrett says he spoke with witnesses who told him that the man approached a guard shack not far from one of the Senate office buildings, where he was arrested at gunpoint and taken into custody...

The plates on the car are from Utah, this sounds like someone frustrated by the current government, trying to pull a Rambo.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

You gotta wonder, if your armed to the teeth with weapons and explosives, why exactly would you walk "rambo style" around a public place only to stop and surrender to guards/police? Seems like he wanted to get caught.

Either way, im glad this came to a peaceful resolution.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

The plates on the car are from Utah, this sounds like someone frustrated by the current government, trying to pull a Rambo.

I won't be suprised to see more of this kind of stuff in the future. We're all in a real bad way with the way things are stacked here now. The corruption is so in-our-faces, and people just feel helpless to do anything about it anymore. Probably pushed this guy off the deep end.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

It's not quite over yet, the bomb squad is maneuvering a robot near the suspect's vehicle just caught a glimpse of it on TV.

I doubt that the Blazer is boobytrapped but one never knows these days, it shouldn't take too long for the robot to go over the vehicle.

I will update when anything new surfaces concerning the investigation.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maybe this man lost all his money in the plumeting stock market and wanted to get 3 squares a day and a place to live? Would be one way to do it. Of course, total speculation on my part....and I mean total.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Its pretty crazy either way.

I wonder what type of explosives they are, homemade, market quality or military grade.

Could raise some more questions if they were bought on the market...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The vehicle is in ragged condition, around here it would be considered a hunter's style vehicle 4WD, I wouldn't be surprised that the dogs got hits of explosive residue, this guy may have had reloading materials etc. when he went hunting, so it could be nothing.

I wonder what he was hunting for today?

Robot still casing the vehicle, probably using video to determine what they are up against.

UPDATE: just reported that the police have expanded the perimeter, don't know if this means they have seen something or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
this just goes to show that even if people revolted they would get the govermental smack down. now im not saying i condone this behaviour or that the man wasent just some nut bar with a lot of weapons and a bone to pick but if he was that well armed and armored and he went down quietly what chance does a revoloution have.

edit: i cant spell

[edit on 1/18/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ya your right, it could very well just be residue and not an actual explosive device(s). At least I would hope its nothing hooked to a timer...

keep us updated.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Strength in numbers.

The fact he went down so easily while being armed is what threw up a red flag for me. At first glance he seems to have a death wish, but then he goes down with out incident, makes me think he wanted to get caught.

Of course, he could have just had a change of heart...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Did this take place at the Supreme Court or the Capitol? Both are seperate facilities policed by seperate police forces.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
wtf?!

First the World Bank gets a bomb threat this morning and now this
wonder who it is? extremists or some anti-government nutter

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

that and i say this just as devil advocat but what if he was put up to it , maybe black mail, maybe mind control, maybe good old fashion threats to family and friends but its allways a possibility. end of speculative reply

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Its taking place at capital hill by the looks of the news.

"Capital Hill Police"

"Guards at capital hill"

so on and so forth.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Did this take place at the Supreme Court or the Capitol? Both are seperate facilities policed by seperate police forces.

Actually the Capitol Police police the entire area called Capitol Hill. Which the Supreme Court is a part of.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

i used to hang out in dc capitol hill is a preety big area that includes many goverment and public buildings .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join