It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm aware of the fluoride conspiracy and have heard some say that it is used for "mind control", which I think is utter nonsense. But I dont think its good for you and its just a cheap dental protection plan for the poor. I might even believe that it could be used for population control, but all that is a different thread.

What Im getting at is that if all of that were true then wouldn't the president and the white house and many congressional houses in Washington have filters? Many of these are public places that people can tour right? Why cant someone just grab a cup of water from a water fountain in the white house or some other governmental bathroom and get it checked for fluoride? If it comes back negative then wouldnt that help support some of the claims?

Anyone near DC up for this?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ah, assuming that Our govt. was even in on the fluoride conspiracy. I think that if any of it is true, that it comes from somewhere higher than Our govt-maybe the NWO, which Bush is just a pawn of anyway. I personally believe that fluoride is what's causing much of the osteoporosis in women, that and lack of vit. D by way of too much sunscreen use. Fluorosis of the teeth can be seen in those either treated with too much fluoride or too high of a fluoride content in the water. I'm sure that this has got to effect Our bone density. I'm not real sure why fluoride is put into Our water system. As far as I know fluoride is supposed to only work when used topically as opposed to internally. If fluoride is being used as a population control it's not working. Inner cities have a higher content of fluoride in their water and You see how high the pregnancy % is there. The absence of fluoride in town or city water wouldn't prove anything as some places have gotten smart and removed it from their systems. I'd hate to be the sucker who got caught 'smuggling' H2O out of the White House. Terrorist!!!

Peace. K*

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You say it's utter nonsense, so just out of curiosity, have you read up on any of the theories concerning the use of Flouride for what you've termed 'mind control'? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss such a claim unless I had a clear understanding of the Neurochemistry involved with the ingestion of Flouride and it's interraction with Aluminum, Calcium, and other common substances. Flouride can imitate hydrogen ions and slip right through your bloodbrain barrier and cause your pineal gland to calcify, for instance. Although this occurs naturally with age, Flouride potentiates and accelerates this process exponentially.
All I'm saying is look into it before you dismiss it, there's more than just healthy teeth and whiter smiles from this former rat poison and toxic industrial waste product. I'm almost certain that IG Farben wasn't interested in the healthy dental programs in their concentration camps, and I don't think the FDA is concerned with your whiter smiles either.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just a little point here for the anti flouride crowd (never mind that Palo Alto, California was one of the first to flourinate thier water and I nor my sister have ever had any cavaties) that the background amount of flouride is greater in many places than whats added in most municiplaities?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Flouride in city water where there are still many old pipes with lead in them is very dangerous. Flouride pulls the lead out of the pipes and into the water.

Ingestion of fluoride does nothing for teeth. It does cause calcification around the pineal gland.

One might research the use of sodium fluoride by the Nazis in the camps.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
background amount of flouride

Depends on the minerals present in the geology of the area. Lead, cyanide, mercury, and arsenic occur naturally as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok if you think it is bad for you are are pretty damn stupid. Fluoride is in most kinds of toothpaste. Is Colgate in on the conspiracy? We have it here in Melbourne Australia and no one in my family that grew up here has had any dental problems other than needing braces. Everyone in my family loves chocolate (our father works for the largest chocolate manufacturer) and we eat and drink sweet things all the time. The same goes for a friend how also goes to this website he downs about a litre of coke a day and he is fine.

I had a dental checkup last week and the dentist used to work in England and he said that the kids came in in droves with problems. Suprise Suprise England has no Fluoride

Originally posted by Demetre
Fluorosis of the teeth can be seen in those either treated with too much fluoride or too high of a fluoride content in the water. I'm sure that this has got to effect Our bone density. I'm not real sure why fluoride is put into Our water system.

Uh too much of anything is bad for you. Eat too much fruit you get the runs, take too many painkillers and you die, breath 100% oxygen = chest pains collapsed alveoli, blindness. seriously
Its in the water to help supplement regular brushing and flosing

And KidOK dont say "its just a cheap dental protection plan for the poor" Why do you think the brits teeth look like burnt corn (no offense any english out there but the majority do)

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Matt Kilby]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Matt Kilby]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt Kilby
Ok if you think it is bad for you are are pretty damn stupid.

Ok well show us something tangible that prooves Flouride is good for you, just beacuse your auntie and her kids don't have cavaties means what exactly? My Great Grandmother literally used birch twigs and drank water from a spring and she had all her teeth until she was damned near 90. She'd never heard of Flouride so that prooves Flouride is bad for you, see how convincing your arguement isn't?
Independent, Peer Reviewed, Medically Sound Research that prooves flouride is good for you would be more convincing to me at least.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Well I never mentioned my Aunt or her kids. Get basic facts right first. Now (I understand this was made up) if your Great Grandmother was that shall we say out dated or primitive (not in a derogatory sense) then she probably also ate well. I'm willing to bet she didn't drink a litre of coke a day or eat a kilo (2 pounds) of chocolate. I do sometimes and I am fine. AND Im not under the control of the government.

As for the "Independent, Peer Reviewed, Medically Sound Research that prooves flouride is good for you would be more convincing to me at least" I don't have that. Do Christians have a Independent, Peer Reviewed, Factual Research that proves god exists of course not. But they believe because I guess it feels right for them and excuse me for not believing everything I hear on a website that (although mostly very good) has members how believe in chem trails, lunar bases and other nonsense.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt Kilby
[As for the "Independent, Peer Reviewed, Medically Sound Research that prooves flouride is good for you would be more convincing to me at least" I don't have that. Do Christians have a Independent, Peer Reviewed, Factual Research that proves god exists of course not.

Hmmmm, you will find peer reviewed medical articles because medicine is a science. However the "proof" of god issue is a religious issue and NOT a science.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
My Great Grandmother literally used birch twigs and drank water from a spring and she had all her teeth until she was damned near 90.

Ill bet t he well that she drank from had a higher level of natural flouride than most municipal water supplies......

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Independent, Peer Reviewed, Medically Sound Research that prooves flouride is good for you would be more convincing to me at least.

Flouride in the body In large amounts. = bad bad bad.

But on the teeth:

The role of dietary fluoride supplements in caries prevention.
1: J Public Health Dent. 1999 Fall;59(4):205-10.

Nearly all dental researchers and public health authorities agree that fluoride supplements are highly effective in reducing dental caries in primary and permanent teeth, that benefits to all teeth are greater when administration begins at 2 years of age or younger, that both preeruptive and posteruptive exposure is important in imparting cariostatic benefits, that effectiveness is neither enhanced nor reduced by their being combined with vitamins, and that benefits to the offspring of pregnant women who take supplements are uncertain. Several studies show that fluoride supplements delivered in school-based programs effectively reduce dental caries, and benefits are greater to teeth that receive preeruptive www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Recommendations for the use of fluoride in caries prevention.
Zimmer S, Jahn KR, Barthel CR.

From a theoretical point of view, caries can be prevented by perfect oral hygiene and sugar abstinence. However, practice has shown that this approach is successful in individual cases only. For the whole population, effective caries prevention is still not realistic without the use of fluoride in various forms. The use of different fluoride preparations increases its efficacy. On the other hand, correct dosage is important to prevent the risk of dental fluorosis. Most of the European scientific dental associations no longer recommend the use of fluoride supplements, such as fluoride tablets or drops, as a standard procedure in caries prevention. This is due to the increasing evidence that the effect of fluoride is mainly the result of chemical reactions on the tooth surface. Therefore, fluoridated toothpastes, gels, varnishes, and rinses are more in focus. Besides this, fluoridated water and fluoridated salt are still important. Although they have a systemic effect, the efficacy of these fluoride applications results from local processes.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Fluorosis: is it really a problem?
J Am Dent Assoc. 2002 Oct;133(10):1405-7.

BACKGROUND: Scientists have noted an association between mottled enamel and fluoride exposure since the early 1900s. By the mid-1900s, they also recognized that fluoride intake was related to lower caries incidence. To harness the protective effect of fluoride while limiting the occurrence of fluorosis, dental researchers have recommended that the fluoride level in chinking water be 1 part per million or less. OVERVIEW: Despite the recognition that fluoride levels in water can be controlled to offer caries protection with minimal risk of fluorosis, the cosmetic defect continues to appear. However, although the word "fluorosis" conjures up images of brown stained and pitted enamel, such severe cases rarely are seen in the United States. Children in this country are exposed to fluoride from numerous sources and the appearance of mild fluorosis is not unusual. CONCLUSIONS AND PRACTICE IMPLICATIONS: In most cases, fluorosis is a minor cosmetic defect that should not be cause for alarm. Dentists should educate their patients about the optimal range of fluoride intake for caries protection, sources of fluoride and the possibility of fluorosis.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

[edit on 1/22/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As I understand it, there are two different types, naturally occuring Flouride is usually chemically bonded to minerals, an unusually strong covalent(?) bond and fairly safe to ingest. Sodium Flouride however is less stable and the Flouride is easily liberated to bond to your calcium and flouridate your teeth and the like. I'm going from memory here but naturally occuring flouride definately isn't the problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Why have you deducted 500 points from me when all I have done is tell you my point of view

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Let's not forget that the nazi's gave fluoride to their prisoners through drinking water to keep them docile and passive.

There are numerous studies that link fluoridated water with cancer, premature aging, and depressed thyroid activity. Fluoride confuses the immune system and inhibits antibody formation in the blood.

The amount of tooth decay in England says more about their diet than it does about their drinking water, to me. Let us also not forget Dr. Price's nutritional studies and the amazing discoveries he made of the link between diet and dental health.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 22-1-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I new I could count on you guys to jump right on this OP and
educate him in some of the ways of the N.W.O

floride in water for teeth... he he... thats just insane

use to be used as RAT POISON.

if the nazis used it then I can alsmost bet that its alive and living in America, and it ain`t for our health.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
I new I could count on you guys to jump right on this OP and
educate him in some of the ways of the N.W.O

floride in water for teeth... he he... thats just insane

use to be used as RAT POISON.

if the nazis used it then I can almost bet that its alive and living in America, and it ain`t for our health.

its rumored to kill cancer in high doses over short periods.
its known to calcify in the brain in low doses over long periods.

sorry sir ..we don`t mean to make you look bad , we are just more than happy to give you the information you need to make a better
assesment of it yourself.
have a good day

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Just a little point here for the anti flouride crowd (never mind that Palo Alto, California was one of the first to flourinate thier water and I nor my sister have ever had any cavaties) that the background amount of flouride is greater in many places than whats added in most municiplaities?

so, please tell me how common sodium flouride or fourosilic acid is in the environment and if not, which compound actually does contribute to 'background flouridation' or whatever you like to call it.

if calcium flouride was as effective as NaF or H2SiF6, wouldn't toothpaste and flouridated water use CaF instead?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
More in the scientific community are realizing the dangers of fluoride.....

'Second Thoughts about Fluoride,' Reports Scientific American

Fluoride in foods, beverages, medicines and dental products can result in
fluoride over-consumption, visible in young children as dental fluorosis --
white spotted, yellow, brown and/or pitted teeth.

.......Over 1200 professionals urge Congress to cease water fluoridation and conduct
Congressional hearings because scientific evidence indicates fluoridation is
ineffective and has serious health risks.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So my question is this; Why do we ignore the facts? Are we not here to deny ignorance??

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

Perhaps not "Mind control" as much as "crowd control" as sodium fluoride was put in the water in the Nazi prison camps and Stalin's gulags/camps in order to ensure the docility of the prisoners of the state.

In the past I have been told that sodium fluoride is not used in US drinking water, but that has been proven to be a lie. Sodium fluoride is added to the public water supply in the U.S. South and in communities where there is a large black or Hispanic population.

Everything evil in the USA and Canada usually resolves to some form of eugenics and/or the Nazi or Mussolini BlackShirt mentality.

[edit on 24/1/08 by Pellevoisin]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join