It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by XcLuciFer

again you assume much and know little.

You think I was "brought up" I was not.

I did grow up in the wilderness. "Welcome to the Jungle"

I had no religious training. I was not pushed to believe anything. I see the foolishness of religion. It is matched be the foolishness I see here and now.

You don't know me dude. You are making alot of false assumptions. You are wrong on all accounts. Instead of "trying to get others to think" maybe you should try to get yourself to think first.

Hey bro listen I'm sorry didn't mean to offend you or anything, I don't know you so please accept my apology.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Dude, it's all good.

It's just a forum and a thread. I get the whole "running them around"...

Again, it's all Good.

Be well.

However do try to Grow up, like a flower toward the heavens. God is real.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Dude, it's all good.

It's just a forum and a thread. I get the whole "running them around"...

Again, it's all Good.

Be well.

However do try to Grow up, like a flower toward the heavens. God is real.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going home I'll be back...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thats a silly question. Do you?

I asked you first.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ropaq50

IMHO...THE PANTHION OF ANCIENT GODS WERE ADVANCED ALIEN VISITORS. OVER THE MILLENIA THEY WERE RELEGATED TO MYTHOLOGICAL STATUS.

That thought does cross my mind, however it might have also been a more advanced culture.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is the way I see it. There are evil people who do bad things. karma the bad you do will come to you. You sins will be judge on you. God did what he did cuz he thought it right. Who are we to decide what is right and what is wrong. I am not one to question God. I do but I try not to.

End the end of times. There will be a mass murder like no other. But why should someone that does not have a pure heart live. Why let a murder and a deceaver live. Why should one that would destroy everthing around him still exist. God is like a father who puni#h those that do bad. who are we to decide what he does is wrong or bad. Old testiement he punish those that sin against him. The jews knew who God was, had his will with them and was shown the rules of laws (ten commandments) and yet they still did wrong. punishment was more severe because of there knowlege.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Honestly, no religion is good & all religions are evil...!!

All religions were written by men long ago, in order to control & surpress the masses into total obhedience.

Nothing in any of these books Are the actual words of a god, just the cunning words of evil men who want to use religion as a means to power.

They all promote violence in some way or form. The Qoran in particular is quite a nasty peice of work. Seconded by the New Testiment. And all the other holy boks are just as bad.

Religion has passed it's used by date. We're in the 21st Century now & there just isn't any call or need for all this "Thou & Thee", crap.

Mankind should be a little more grown up & a little more intelligent than the primitives who Fell for all the religion stuff in the dark ages.

Religion should be outlawed world wide!!!

Thats my whole take on religion anyway...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

but remember to some, jesus is not a religion, he is a saviour

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

The Roman Empire made him a saviour. He was teaching something else all together. Thats why they killd him!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The Roman Empire made him a saviour. He was teaching something else all together. Thats why they killd him!

well then thats where your faith ends then i guess

for me, i believe that even way before my time jesus died on that cross and for a split second i believe he thought of me

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Honestly, no religion is good & all religions are evil...!!

All religions were written by men long ago, in order to control & surpress the masses into total obhedience.

Nothing in any of these books Are the actual words of a god, just the cunning words of evil men who want to use religion as a means to power.

They all promote violence in some way or form. The Qoran in particular is quite a nasty peice of work. Seconded by the New Testiment. And all the other holy boks are just as bad.

Religion has passed it's used by date. We're in the 21st Century now & there just isn't any call or need for all this "Thou & Thee", crap.

Mankind should be a little more grown up & a little more intelligent than the primitives who Fell for all the religion stuff in the dark ages.

Religion should be outlawed world wide!!!

Thats my whole take on religion anyway...

I agree with you accept for one area, I think it goes a little deeper than man made, man isn't smart enough to come up with the plan being orchestrated in or world today!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
religion is indeed a path for many to reach god. view it
like this. a gigantic wagon wheel with spokes. each spoke
is a route to god. there are many spokes. there are many
routes to god. pick one or make up your own. god could
care less, as long as you reach the center (godhead)!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What exactly are your spiritual beliefs, XcLuciFer? You seem to believe something but I never thought to ask. So what is it that you do believe? I'm not going to laugh, argue, debate, or belittle. Just curious. I think I've mentioned it before that you sound a lot like two male acquaintances of mine so I'm interested in hearing about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"No evil in this city is without God's will. "(Amos 3:6) " I make peace and I create evil. I the Lord do all these things."(Is. 45:7) "Out of the most high precedes both evil and good."(Lam. 3:38) How do we reconcile a God who is supposed all good with being the enactor of evil as well?

First we need to stop envisioning God as some super person in the sky with a mind like our own. God is the creator of the Universe and to think he is remotely like us is insane.

To even attempt to look upon the tremendous power of YWYH could mean instant death. (Exod. 33:20) Isaiah 42:8 states God will not share glory with images. Isaiah 44:20-40 and Psalms 115:4-8 state any images of God created by man are falsehoods. John 1:18 states human eyes have never seen God. John 5: 37 states you have never heard the voice or seen the shape of God. 1John 5:21 says to guard yourself from idols. 1Timothy 6:16 states no man has seen or can see God.

So what we are dealing with in Scripture is an ancient human depiction of an all mighty power the writers themselves could not understand, and from which they tried to reconcile good and evil. The Kabbalah depicts the primordial Godhead as containing both good and evil, which separated out as this horrendous creative power unfolded into creation and finally into humankind.

Lest we think the Hebrew Bible contains mostly malevolent acts of God, we should understand it is also the original source of benevolent passages in the New Testament. Loving your neighbor as yourself originated in Exodus 23:9 and Deuteronomy 6:4. Mercy on your enemy is first found in Proverbs 24:17 and 25:21-22. Blessed be the meek originates in Proverbs 29:23. So as stated in Psalms 34:14: "Depart form evil and do good. Seek ye peace and pursue it...."

By the way this is my first post... I hope I made some sense I am really quite new to this site... Umm, I guess if you guys have comments I will assume you will make them known. Sorry, Peace out people!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Umm, here are some more verses that might clear some things up. (maybe)

"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
"For the LORD your God is a compassionate God; He will not fail you nor destroy you nor forget the covenant with your fathers which He swore to them. (Deuteronomy 4:31)
"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe. (Deuteronomy 10:17)
"The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He. (Deuteronomy 32:4)
"Also the Glory of Israel will not lie or change His mind; for He is not a man that He should change His mind." (1 Samuel 15:29)
"Now then let the fear of the LORD be upon you; be very careful what you do, for the LORD our God will have no part in unrighteousness or partiality or the taking of a bribe." (2 Chronicles 19:7)
"Therefore, listen to me, you men of understanding. Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to do wrong. (Job 34:10)
"Behold, God is mighty but does not despise any; He is mighty in strength of understanding. (Job 36:5)
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness.... (Psalms 5:4)
To declare that the LORD is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. (Psalms 92:15)
Thus says the LORD, "What injustice did your fathers find in Me, That they went far from Me And walked after emptiness and became empty? (Jeremiah 2:5)
in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago (Titus 1:2)

Peace out!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You got that all wrong brother. The Roman Empire did not "kill him". The Roman person in charge "washed his hands" of the killing of him. This represents that he did it in according to the Jewish leaders desire over the Roman Empire laws. The Roman Empire found nothing wrong with his teachings. Actually they enjoyed the teachings.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hear ye, Hear ye, School is in Session!

Does this sound like a real loving God?

The bits you've quoted do not make him seem loving, no, all they really show is that "Jehovah" gets Jealous as well as Angry when his laws aren't followed, especially so when HE isn't followed by his "chosen people", who break the most impotant commandment, which is worse than murder, and that is to worship a God other than "Jehovah". In your examples, it is all Old Testament, and it is all from a couple of books that deal specifically with the downfall of the people of Israel due to repeatedly disobeying God, worshipping Idols, not following the Commandments, and doing all sorts of foul things apparently. So all you are showing is the climax, the peak of Anger from this God that has emotion. God has emotion? Well we are made in God's likeness, as it is written.

So will I send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee: and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee: and I will bring the sword upon thee. I the Lord have spoken it. (Ezekiel 5:17)

This is prophecy that Ezekiel was given by God as he was fasting and prophecizing doom for the people of Israel due to their many transgressions as he sit outside of Jerusalem, making bread with human excrement which symbolized something to the people of Israel, I forget at the moment, lol.

I am the Lord and there is none else. I form the light and create the darkness, I make peace and create evil, I, the Lord, do all these things. (Book of Isaiah

I see nothing evil at all in this one. God does create both ends of the stick. God did create evil, in the sense that we know it. Because the hearts of men must be tested, their faith has to be hardened, and men must have an opposite to "good" or, "doing the proper thing according to God", because men have FREEWILL. Freewill is the great thing which God gave us humans, we are unique among the animals in that we have ultimate free will of choice and actions. So, if there were no evil, men would not have to be tested, faith wouldn't even MATTER because it would be impossible to go down the "wrong path" because there'd be no wrong path, it wouldn't exist. The world would be "Utopia" as we define Utopia. It would also be entirely systematic and devoid of all emotion, much like an ant colony. And you see, the Angels that fell from grace for disobeying God and refusing to bow to / assist humans, as well as the Angels that fell for creating hybrid offspring with humans, were all created by God. Ultimately God knew that they would disobey, perhaps he made them this way on purpose to ensure the rebellion. He may not have known that the Angels would mate with humans, but I'm sure he did know that some Angels would rebel against him initially, lead by Satan or Beelzebub Lucifer or whatever you like to call him.

Obviously they, the Angels, were created with a sense of freewill also, because had they not, there would have been no rebellion nor any mating with humans. So "good" Angels have the freewill to help mankind to the extent of the limits imposed on their being, created by God, just like we have our limits as humans. The fallen or "evil" Angels have the freewill to test and tempt man, to add difficulty to his/her life, to do anything within the extent of their abilities which are also limited and imposed by God who created them. Again this is Old Testament, real old, to inform the readers. Old Testament is all Jewish works, discussing and prophecizing about the singular, One God which the Christians believe is their God as well, or something along those lines, yet the Jews do not think in the same way. But just to let the readers know, Christianity did not exist during the writing of any of these books that were quoted from.

Then shall ye know that I am the LORD, when their slain men shall be among their idols round about their altars, upon every high hill, in all the tops of the mountains, and under every green tree, and under every thick oak, the place where they did offer sweet savor to all their idols... So will I stetch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate... and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 6:13-14)

Again, Old Testament, from Ezekiel's book in which he was prophecizing against Israel outside the walls of Jerusalem, fasting and doing all kinds of very strange things. So according to the writer of the book, Ezekiel was told these things by God and wrote them as such. The context of the book is, as I said, immediately before the downfall of the Israeli people. I am not sure if it was right before the Assyrian exile or the Babylonian exile, but it was from one of the two. As the story/history goes, the Israeli people had been building Idols of other, pagan Gods, and performing the rituals for those Gods/cults, including in some cases human sacrifice, as well as passing babies "through fire". Some think they sacrificed their baby child by placing it into a pit of fire to burn to death, while others say that interpretation is wrong, and that they simply handed the baby to someone standing opposite of them on the other side of the fire, directly through it. At any rate, temples shrines and poles dotted the countryside of Israel. And God's ultimate punishment for these deeds was the sacking of Jerusalem and the Babylonian exile. Alternatively, it could've been the Assyrian exile, in which the "Northern Tribes" were lost to history. Ezekiel was saying "dont say I didn't warn you".

For behold, the Lord will come with fire, and his chariots, like the whirlwind, to render his anger with fury...(Isaiah 1 6:15)

Yeah .. when the Lord comes, he comes correct? Lol. Seriously though, all this is saying is that God is a pretty bad dude when it comes to what we'd called warfare, and will smite the crap out of the evil humans that actively disobey him and plot against those who further his agenda or believe in him. So those evil ones who smite the believers are about to be smitten here in the part of the passage you quoted.

...and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord and by His fierce anger. (jeremiah 4:26)

Right, all the cities of the "evil" humans are destroyed. They were operating against the one God and his agenda and the people who believed in him and kept his commandments, which are commonly known as his "chosen people". But make no mistake, they essentially choose themselves through lifestyle unto this very day. This is also an Old Testament book, and its' contents refer to a time when the Jewish people were conquering and claiming the "promised land", aka Israel/Palestine. At the time, people already lived there, Pagan Idolaters and so forth. And according to the Old Testament, God commanded the Israelites to attack these cities, despite being outnumbered and ill equipped, because God was on their side and would help them, more or less. So this is the context of where this quote actually comes from. This can be compared to the portion of the Koran where Muhammad and his core group of Muslim followers were expanding all throughout the Arabian Peninsula, battling all of the Pagans and killing them or converting them. A divinely inspired military campaign essentially. Notice that there is not a single divienly inspired military campaign in the entire New Testament, and that Jesus never advocated violence or war.

Woe unto us! Who shall deliver us out of the land of these almighty Gods? These are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all manner of plagues in the wilderness. (Samuel 4:8)

Again, Old Testament. This is where Samuel is complaining about the fact that the Jews have been exiled to Babylon. "Who shall deliver us out of the hand of these almighty Gods" is a reference to the military prowess of the King Nebuchadnezzar's army and kingdom, because we know that a true Jew only believes in one God. I dont know what to tell you about the part referring to the Exodus from Egypt. I'd have to read the entire chapter because that is vague and makes little sense as it is.

From Author Jack Barranger:
"We have been led to believe that the entity that the Old Testament describes as a MASS MURDERER and HEINOUS leader is the God of the Universe. We have been led to think that the slaughter of human beings in the name of God is a divine act.

If God knows what we know not, God knows that our flesh bodies are not the end all be all of our existence. To the contrary, God knows our spirit exists beyond the body as well as before the body. The ancient Israelites, upon being led out of Egypt by Moses, which was miraculous in itself, encountered alot of hostile peoples and tribes in the "promised land" that God said they would inherit. I'm sorry to say it, but .. back in 1,000 B.C. and times like this, all the way up to Medieval times, people were quite savage and settled their problems with the tip of a sword. Don't like your neighbor? Conquer and kill him, that was the mentality of the world. But the only people the ancient Israelites fought were those in the promised land, and only because they had to in order to live there. If they did not drive out the Canaanites, the Moabites, and Ammonites, the Nabateans, and all the other peoples over there, they would've been attacked and killed by these same peoples. The world was cut-throat, heck it still is, but it was kill or be killed. They felt that God entitled the land to them, once they got it, they didn't make attempts to go off conquering foriegn distant lands, they had what God intended them to have and that was all they wanted. So this warlike nature prevalent in all people was also prevalent in Jewish people, but even to a lesser extent than Pagans of the time.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

That was the old covenant, The new covenant is an entirely different thing. In order to right the world the "only begotten son" of god was sacrificed to level out the playing field for mankind. That is why Jesus is referred to as "the lamb of god" He was the ultimate sacrifice to god by man. Through his blood was the key to mankind's salvation.

It is true that in the old testament god was pissed off. (man was he ever so pissed) Man started out knowing god only but forgot him and forsake god. He tried in vain to correct the beliefs of man. But finally he had to show to what extremes and what importance the soul of man is to god. Therefore the sacrifice of the son of god.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Wow, I see so your God is a Dictator and you are ok with that, I will never bow to any being that share the same Characteristics as a Hitler. You don't mind being a slave, if you truely believe what you wrote and you are ok with that then thats exactly what you are a slave. Ok thats fine, how can I argue with a believer, thats the probablem in our world today we have a whole lot of believers, and very few that know.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeah, what are your beliefs? Whats your ideas on where our existence sprang from? Enlighten us, those who follow a creator and the others that drift on a sea of ideas without ever hitting a particular shore of firm ground to place their feet on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join