It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
he just hasn't thought it all the way thru yet. he'll get to it eventually.

survival of the fittest scenarios end badly. that's the solution for the natural man, the man who says there's nothing bigger than me. i'm the universe, the universe is me and i'm all that counts. soon, you're all there is to count, cause the wildlife, women and children are all dead from greed, pollution, infanticide and abortion. end suffering of the world by curtailing the population or we'll starve to death (a problem easily solved by allowing alternatie energy sources capable of accelerating technology and expansion of our population to the other planets in our solar system, floating cities, etc! but no, we gotta kill the babies so ten years later, there's 150,000,000 dead females (equivalent to the female population of the united states), and a society with nothing but men, who will grow to adulthood without seeing a single woman or female of any kind, day or night, work or home or recreation. nothing but miles and miles of men (which is a nice thing if you're a woman but not so nice if you're a heterosexual man).

i hate to tell you this but a human society with only men, will self-annihilate shortly thereafter. the wars will be for the same reasons they are today. greed, power, influence. it's not goign to change if you remove every last person you feel is responsible for the plight of planet earth. you can't remove the human being from the human being.

The reason for war has nothing to do with greed power or influence, you are missing the point and stuck on your prowoman view. We allow the wars to happen. The people fighting these wars aren't rich, or greedy they have been tricked into believeing they are right so some one else is wrong, and their for should die. The few controling the herd could not wage war if the herd wised up. Again we are the problem, we allow it, we accept it. You keep talking about the wrongs done to woman but support the ideas responsible for the suppression. I give up!! LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
that's happening in china right now, Lew. it's their solution for the future.
the orphanges are filled with little girls, and the rest of the female
babies are dead either of abortion or infanticide. it's their
one child policy, in effect, which has resulted in an entire generation of males who will never have the opportunity to have a significant other. india, afghanistan, and several other countries,
have a similar problem, but rather than having a 1 child policy,
they kill female babies because females have no value to them. you need to read about something other than the obsession you have with monotheism.
there's a big world out there, and horrendous stuff is going on, every single day.

that's their solution to our future problems. a society where only the rich have access to significant relationships and everyone else produces, like worker drones. they left out of their model, that men work best when they are functioning as one half of a relationship with a female (at least the hetero males do). i bring it up because it is significant. the problem isn't about religion. it's about humans. WE are the problem. not them, or him or her, but US.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

The ten commandments where only given to Moses after the escape from Egypt, so what explanation have you fir "sinning" prior to the Ten Commandments?

Personally, I believe that the Bible is plagiarised from earlier religions. The evidence is there in the many similarities between the stories. The Jews where quite openly polytheistic before Moses received the commandments and even after for a time. It is likely that they picked up monotheism from the Egyptians when in captivity.

It is interesting to note that the bible repeatedly mentions God bringing death and destruction via his "fiery chariots" from the sky, "leveling cities" with his power and even mentions the "vengeance" of the Gods in the plural.

Are the God's of old Aliens?

Is the difference between the OT God/Gods and the NT one because of a change in Alien politics?

A similiar, if fictional, account occurs in SG-1, where the Asgard, after freeing humans from the Go'oald, would pretend to be Gods still so as to not disturb the humans too much. There would be a noticeable change in the "behavior" and teachings of their Gods though after the Asgard took power...

Something similar?

Who knows.....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

OMG, Do you not read my post.... Am I wrinting in riddles and you can't figure them out or what... Nevermind!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
reply to post by undo

OMG, Do you not read my post.... Am I wrinting in riddles and you can't figure them out or what... Nevermind!

well is the solution to monotheism some other ism? perhaps polytheism? (many gods) or communism (god is the government)? what's your solution?
in a world without monotheism, you realize you stll have to deal with cultures that are as old as the monotheistic ones, which have hardly anything in common with your ideals? unless the prospect of having no personal freedom appeals to you.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I still go with the theory that the Bible is littered with all kinds of references to older civilizations (some call them E.T.'s)

These 'Gods' were technologically advanced beings who called themselves certain names, referenced in the Bible. These are the Gods who dictated and manipulated much of the old testament and imprisoned/manipulated humanity. They are the source of the Biblical "I will kill and disembowel everyone" sort of passages...

There were people who believed in the one true God, and there were people who believed in the dictators who called themselves Gods. Obviously, one is far more cruel than the other.

Unfortunately, many Christians still believe that their God is vengeful and seeks to destroy us for our sins, that we are born with 'original sin' and are deserving of his wrath. This is not true. The One True God is incapable of that kind of judgement and cruelty, as he is a multidimensional all encompassing force of consciousness. He is NOT the same God who speaks out with vengeance in the Bible.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Undo I'm sorry but I don't know how to be any clearer. I honestly don't, you don't understand me and I get that, but I don't know how to reach you or that you even want to be reached. I guess you just can't see a world with out religion and just the understanding that their is a God. I'm starting to understand that in the eyes of most, if their is no Religion then their is no God.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I actually feel that "original sin" is feasable if all humans are drawn from a higher spiritual realm and that Earth is a punishing prisonplanet with glimpses of bliss.

Perhaps you're a convict, friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'm starting to understand that in the eyes of most, if their is no Religion then their is no God.

Well this is a problem, at least here in hethen Sweden

People will always use arguments of what evils instances of the church has perpetrated in the past as evidence of how evil GOD is, even though they do not believe in GOD... This type of nonsense really gets on my nerves. It is , i believe, because people cannot se beyond the physical. They see only the "church"

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm starting to understand that in the eyes of most, if their is no Religion then their is no God.

Unfortunately, that is how it works for alot of people. God's only message to the prophets Jesus and Mohammed alike was that there is only ONE and the ONE is connected to all of us (assuming one believes they actually spoke to God). It seems that organized religion has caused people to forget this. They depend on religious identity more than their own understanding of God. Even satanists are part of God.... religion has nothing to do with it. It's very ironic.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthDweller
I actually feel that "original sin" is feasable if all humans are drawn from a higher spiritual realm and that Earth is a punishing prisonplanet with glimpses of bliss.

Perhaps you're a convict, friend.

Hmmm! I do believe in a multidimensional universe and I do believe we have higher and lower selves. I can definitely grasp the idea that we are on Earth to live through our 'lower' self and that we communicate with our higher self in ways we call 'spiritual'.

Good theory. In that case, existing in the physical realm as spiritual beings, maybe there really is a mean and angry God that judges THIS dimension, as there are deities that might judge the higher and lower realms. I just think people take the idea of the deities too literally, and that's where we get our vengeful God scenario, or the early testament, wrathful Elohim.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Mmm, "communicating with our higher selves" i like that! thanks for the interest
I think it is quite possible that the higher realm is less "punishable" and requires in some cases experience of being fragile and vulnurable, as here on Earth with our animal bodies, in order to be granted the power and freedom of a pure spiritual existance. This would of course give more reason for the ol' vengeful God of scripture. AND this scenario would hopefully provide a "light in the end of the tunnel" in the form of "salvation" - the Christ-theme.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Undo I'm sorry but I don't know how to be any clearer. I honestly don't, you don't understand me and I get that, but I don't know how to reach you or that you even want to be reached. I guess you just can't see a world with out religion and just the understanding that their is a God. I'm starting to understand that in the eyes of most, if their is no Religion then their is no God.

Well you must learn to differentiate between "religion" and simple belief. This appears to be your weakeness in this discussion. I don't go in for ritual. I have a simple belief. i don't attend church services, although I do when I'm up to it or have a reason to. I don't believe every word in our current bible is absolutely correctly presented. Etc. I'm not the only christian that feels this way.

The problem is you're brainwashed into believing it'sTHAT black and white. You preach for moderation and neutrality, for the ending of "ritual" that is modern day religion, and then toss out any evidence of agreement because you've swallowed a specially designed blue pill. Unfortunately, that piill is designed to convince you the solution is to blame entire groups of people for the ills of the world, when it's obvious to anyone who thinks about it for a few seconds (takes the red pill) that it's a human condition and all are subject to a similar set of problems.

You can't KILL THE JEWS AGAIN to solve the world's problems. You can't KILL THE MUSLIMS AGAIN to solve the world's problems. It's not a religious problem. It's a human problem. I dunno how I COULD BE any clearer. You're suffering from a special brand of western think that's ignored most of the events on the planet, so it can social engineer only specific groups.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
religion can be summarized as a set of beliefs, including ritual, that seek to connect the believer with the divine. something greater than themselves in their current level of understanding and/or physical acumen.

this divinity may be a being of supernatural or HYPERnatural strength, either inherent or elsewhere or both. it may also be the otherself, resulting in the worship of one's own subconscious as a wellspring of divinity. there's also the institution or material object as the divine presence, examples being a building, a government, money, a rock, a tree, a planet, a star or group of stars, technology, and so on.

foremost, religion seeks to provide the same questions and answers, that science does, just from a slightly different approach. as a result, science and religion are two sides of the same coin and cannot be differentiated to the degree some would have you believe. obviously, there's no one size fits all approach to the topic, and if history doesn't prove that to you, you haven't read enough history.

it's ALL still religion, at its most basic, no matter how far removed from tradition and ritual. as a result, you can't spit out the word religion as if it were anathema to you, without inspecting yourself for religious thought and behavior. if you believe in anything, you're religous in the strictest sense of the word. if you believe in nothing, you should consider that you may have been lobotmoized and are replaying recordings from a previous existence.

to be honest, the word "religion" needs to be more clearly defined so that it can't be selectively applied as an insult to one group, while allowing another to pass the filter with their religion completely intact. segregation for any reason is, at its core, one of the human problems, is it not?

let's be true to our ownselves, what say you ?

sty

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Blueracer

Can you offer a reasonable view point on this?

hey hey , hold it right there! How do you know God is evil? What is your source of the information? Then, once you estabilish the source , can you 100% confirm that the source is accurate ? once the source is accurate, can you confirm it is not the opinion of man , but of God? Once you confirm it is the opinion of God, can you be 100% sure it is not just some random evil alien , but God himself? South American civilisations went extinct because of the human - sacrifice they made to their Gods. Because this is what the Gods told them to do 1 Do you believe it? if yes, who were the Gods? Blood and flesh creatures , or spiritual ones? a lot of things to answer..

sty

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Is the difference between the OT God/Gods and the NT one because of a change in Alien politics?

Good one. It could be a correction from the real God!
so we have a chance to evolve as society. It makes me think about something else- can a melevolent society evolve to the level we would asume they are Gods?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Can anyone Imagine a world where People are just People. Think about it, no Christains or Muslims, no Blacks, no Whites, no Male or Female just People. What do you think would happen if we would stop separating ourselves and come together as People?

[edit on 1/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

[edit on 1/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a wonderful thought.

John Lennon wrote a beautiful song about this concept.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Yes he did.... And what did we do to him....will killed him!!!!!! =(. Maybe we are about to receive what we deserve!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by pavlovsdog

Yes he did.... And what did we do to him....will killed him!!!!!! =(. Maybe we are about to receive what we deserve!

That was a 180 degree turn! been dead already. not in any hurry to go back there, thanks anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join