It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i think with religion or even lack thereof

most of the debate, talk, arguements, understandings of said subjects will always most likely neverend

in most cases it is a case of agreeing to disagree, and personal faith weighing out in each person of sided sides

i can talk religious history for years as its one of my favorite things

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I feel that we have to figure this out, other wise I think we are going destroy or selves. Their is a reason to the madness and if we don't figure it out we will find out, but by then It will most likly be to late.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

destroy ourselves? we do that even to ourselves, self loathing, depression

somewhere in genesis it states that even man is wholly evil, so can we really ever escape our own selves?

what you were originally posting i feel is one of those questions we might never know

crazy to think about that huh

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Most people know that we indeed have been visited by Higher being Aliens what ever you want to call them. How do we know that a higher form of intelligence didn't visit us all these years ago, and thats whats being describe in the Holys of the world. Is this not possible?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

it is possible, but its so far after the fact of all that how will we truly know?

see my previous post

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As I said before you can be sure that we will find out. The events that are taking place in the world to day are in no doubt leading up to something. The question is, will we be smart enough to figure it out before its to late, or will we be like that great lost city called Atlantis!!

[edit on 1/18/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

or will we be like that great lost city called Atlantis!!

like how? just specualtion of an ancient island lined by plato?

i dont know

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Are you kidding me Atlantis is a name recorded in various permutations by hundreds of cultures, Antilla, Amenti, Attala, Atvantika, Aztlan, Azatlan, Atlantia, Atli, Asgard, Avalon, Arcadia, Arktos, Agartha, Shangri-la, Hyperborea, Tula, Rutas, to mention a few....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

so why hasnt it been found? if so many people account for its existance?

hmmm

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Death (What the OP is calling mass murder) is neither good nor evil. It's a part of life, a natural conclusion to a natural life. If it were God who created the universe, and thus set in motion all that we know, then people are destined to die from the moment of their births. This isn't evil, it's natural. As bad as our world can look, it would be a lot worse if humanity had infinite life: (over population, food shortages, pollution, corrupt dynastic empires lasting aeons, the list just goes on).

So God sets up a system of life which is cyclical and enduring (even evolving some would say,) and he’s evil because he incorporates an off-switch that, arguably, forces advancement? Sounds like good engineering imho. Almost all of the “suffering” in this world people attribute to God are, in reality, the fault of man’s abuse of other men.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

LOL we are getting off the topic. Their is alot of info about under water cities on the net look it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlaznRob
Death (What the OP is calling mass murder) is neither good nor evil. It's a part of life, a natural conclusion to a natural life. If it were God who created the universe, and thus set in motion all that we know, then people are destined to die from the moment of their births. This isn't evil, it's natural. As bad as our world can look, it would be a lot worse if humanity had infinite life: (over population, food shortages, pollution, corrupt dynastic empires lasting aeons, the list just goes on).

So God sets up a system of life which is cyclical and enduring (even evolving some would say,) and he’s evil because he incorporates an off-switch that, arguably, forces advancement? Sounds like good engineering imho. Almost all of the “suffering” in this world people attribute to God are, in reality, the fault of man’s abuse of other men.

Again is it not possible for those beings talked about in the Holy books of the world, are Alien? Have you read the Mayan creation story?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do you believe everything you read?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It is well known and understood that the God of islam, Judiasm and Christianity are one and the same.

So, do you have a motive for just singling out only the Jewish name for God for your critical post?

Just curious because there seems to be quite a bit of anti-semitism on ATS judging by what's being posted on this post:

Thread

Where people are actually trying to blame the Jews for getting themselves killed in the holocaust.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thats a silly question. Do you?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Eh, it all comes down to your personal opinion of capitol punishment. Do you think the death penalty is fair? Some do, some don't. It's not so much as a religious issue but a moral and social issue.

For some reason, the people judged in the Old Testament are assumed to be like we are today. Happy little civilized families all sitting around loving each other doing no harm until an angry God comes along and, like the proverbial brat child at the top of the ant hill, decides to dowse the anthill with gasoline and set everyone on fire.

What they fail to realize is that the people being judged were mentioned as committing horrible atrocities. Cannibalism, human sacrifice, birthing babies only to sacrifice and consume them at birth, infanticide, invading lands and slaughtering men, women, and children. Raping, pillaging, kidnapping, murdering, etc.

So, God judged them by issuing an "eye for an eye" verdict. You invaded this city and mass slaughtered innocents so now you will have your city invaded and watch the mass slaughter of innocents. People say, "God is evil because He killed the Egyptian first born males!" Yes, and the Egyptians killed the Jewish boys and persecuted the Jewish people as a whole which is why they were eventually judged.

We can moan and groan all day long but it all comes down to whether or not you think capitol punishment is fair. These weren't harmonious little communities. These were total savages involved in every single repulsive and depraved act you could imagine. They were also given multiple warnings but never repented.

I assume you think we should let the Ted Bundy's, Charles Manson's, and Jeffrey Dahmer's run around, too? After all, executing a murderer is against human rights. Forget the fact they knew what they were doing was wrong, knew what the laws were, and knew the consequences in advance.

You're essentially claiming capitol punishment is evil. And that is a matter of opinion. Some consider it justice.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
It is well known and understood that the God of islam, Judiasm and Christianity are one and the same.

So, do you have a motive for just singling out only the Jewish name for God for your critical post?

Just curious because there seems to be quite a bit of anti-semitism on ATS judging by what's being posted on this post:

Thread

Where people are actually trying to blame the Jews for getting themselves killed in the holocaust.

I did say in some of my post all the Holy books. I was a Christian so Jehovah is closer to home for me, but I'm talkin about all of the storys. Read it again I say RELIGIONS of the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Eh, it all comes down to your personal opinion of capitol punishment. Do you think the death penalty is fair? Some do, some don't. It's not so much as a religious issue but a moral and social issue.

For some reason, the people judged in the Old Testament are assumed to be like we are today. Happy little civilized families all sitting around loving each other doing no harm until an angry God comes along and, like the proverbial brat child at the top of the ant hill, decides to dowse the anthill with gasoline and set everyone on fire.

What they fail to realize is that the people being judged were mentioned as committing horrible atrocities. Cannibalism, human sacrifice, birthing babies only to sacrifice and consume them at birth, infanticide, invading lands and slaughtering men, women, and children. Raping, pillaging, kidnapping, murdering, etc.

So, God judged them by issuing an "eye for an eye" verdict. You invaded this city and mass slaughtered innocents so now you will have your city invaded and watch the mass slaughter of innocents. People say, "God is evil because He killed the Egyptian first born males!" Yes, and the Egyptians killed the Jewish boys and persecuted the Jewish people as a whole through slavery which is why they were judged.

We can moan and groan all day long but it all comes down to whether or not you think capitol punishment is fair. These weren't harmonious little communities. These were total savages involved in every single repulsive and depraved act you could imagine. They were also given multiple warnings but never repented.

I assume you think we should let the Ted Bundy's, Charles Manson's, and Jeffrey Dahmer's run around, too? After all, executing a murderer is against human rights. Forget the fact they knew what they were doing was wrong, knew what the laws were, and knew the consequences in advance.

You're essentially claiming capitol punishment is evil. And that is a matter of opinion. Some consider it justice.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by AshleyD]

Thats form an ignorant human stand point, are we to believe that God is as ignorant as humans?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Judgement of "good" or "evil" belongs to God. Good being "wanted by god" or holy, and evil being "unwanted by God", you can state all day what you think is evil or not, but it means nothing.

Why we are at it why don't we just switch the terms holy and evil for likes and dislike?

"Hey! did you see that new movie that came out? How was it?"

"yeah man, don't waste you money that move was pure evil."

"Hey, sure it has issued but I liked it, I think it was holy."

Give it a break Siskel and Eberick

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Do you believe everything you read?

APPARENTLY THOSE WHO READ THE BIBLE DO...

IMHO...THE PANTHION OF ANCIENT GODS WERE ADVANCED ALIEN VISITORS. OVER THE MILLENIA THEY WERE RELEGATED TO MYTHOLOGICAL STATUS.
THEY WERE ACTUAL LIVING, BREATHING BEINGS...NOT SUPERNATURAL, RATHER SUPER TECHNILOGICAL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join