It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah is an Evil God!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The viod is the real universe. Ours is the anti-universe of illusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITCHEL
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I am not confused at all. Chaos is freedom. Order is fear. God is in fear and this is why God wants an ordered universe.
No, freedom does not allow choice. If you are free then you do not have to choose. If you have to choose then you are not free. Choice is the result of bondage, not freedom. Freedom and choice are mutually exclusive. (If you think this is nonsense then see my thread on "freedom of choice" to figure out why it is nonsense to think the way you do.)
Voids and chaos are where freedom operates. Freedom is unable to operate in this cage/universe. God claims there is freedom here so God can deny being responsible for this mess we are in.

Your right.
LOL. Maybe you can figure out a way to have the word Free, Freedom or anything implying it removed from any and all languages since it is non existent.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITCHEL
reply to post by undo

The viod is the real universe. Ours is the anti-universe of illusion.

There are many universes. This is only one. Yes?
Why would I embrace the grave, when there's so much to see and do and experience?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Freedom does exist, we are denied access to it. People of the world have been duped and they use the word freedom improperly.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MITCHEL

Ok, whatever. You must be smarter than me because im not sure I understand, or maybe I just need to think outside the box and do some more reading.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Chaos concepts also remind me of an extrapolation on the idea that anti-civilization is true freedom. I agree, but only to an extent. Civilization by its very nature, requires slavery. But who is to decide what is and isn't civilized. Herein lies the problem.

An african tribe that has no plumbing, electricity and walks around sans clothing, might be considered uncivilized to someone else who is accustomed to being clothed and having other comforts of life. Yet to the tribe, they are quite civilized as they have naturally developed their own laws and order.

The separation is differentiation between the animal kingdom and homo sapians. You can see this as far back as the akkadian texts regarding Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Of course, the whole argument arises as what constitutes sentience, but I think it's pretty obvious that animals are sentient. Where we differ is they are primarily on cruise control. The programming (instinct) is very strong and rarely deviates. Humans are different or are supposed to be, anyway.

Anyway, as we climb the ladder of what is and isn't civilized, we find finer and finer points of reference, such as compassion, charity, and so forth. All are choices, but the result of them is certainly not void.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The purpose of emptying oneself of ego is not the same as the void in this reference. The void is the nothing. There's more than one definition of the grave. Death is a precursor to eternal life, not the end of it all. to die to oneself, does not mean you end up walking around like a zombie
Making decisions, either good or bad or indifferent, have consequences, even when one is "emptied" of their ego.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Maybe the Egyptians had masochistic tendencies and this type of God reflected their mentality. At any rate... it's stuff like that that drove me from being a christian to an alien

Cheers

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

great book, by the way - confederacy of dunces. talk about a waste of talent (prematurely departed from our realm).

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

So on the flipside, how would you reconcile the fact that this same God, of whom it said in the New Testament, "For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son,...."

Excuse me, but are you implying by saying "on the flip side", that you don't think that "giving up his only son" for sacrifice to humanity is not sadistic? Hmmmm... The bible is chock full of stories of brutal, heart-breaking sacrifices...Take the story of Abraham asked to prove his faith in God to sacrifice his first born son. To this day, there is a sect of Abrahamites who still practice this sacrifice in secret and the Muslims (who believe in the old testament, as well as the koran) sacrifice a sheep yearly as a symbolic gesture for the sacrifice of a son... Then there is the story of Moses killing the first born son of every person in the town who did not display the blood of an innocent lamb on their door to prove their faith, and on and on it goes. If you ask me, this God not only sounds perverse and sadistic but also he sure seems to lack a great deal self-confidence.

Having said that, I am not judging. To each his own.

Cheers,
Chutso

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You make a good point philosophically, but if God said to you, prove to me what you believe and sacrifice your first born son - would you?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chutso_ha

Maybe the Egyptians had masochistic tendencies and this type of God reflected their mentality. At any rate... it's stuff like that that drove me from being a christian to an alien

Cheers

How do you know that their interpretation of the events was not the problem? Perhaps God isn't the culprit at all. Perhaps part of the data is not elaborated on or was even removed, after the fact. Your interpretation automatically assumes all the evidence is available and I bet you don't do that with any other topic, do you?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

its called tough love

What a mean and nasty way teach someone a lesson. What ever happened to love someone unconditional? And "tough love" as a program to get your kids to behave has been featured on 60 minutes. It's abusive as all get go, and the only reason "tough love" existed was to make huge profits for those who promoted it, because it offered parents a quick fix! Unfortunately, for the child, it doesn't even get at the real reasons for why the acting out occurs in the first place. So if this Jehova's way...I'll pass thank you!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Eh, it all comes down to your personal opinion of capitol punishment. Do you think the death penalty is fair? Some do, some don't. It's not so much as a religious issue but a moral and social issue.

That cross you so proudly display is a tool for capitol punishment...you worship the devise that ...

never mind...I'm only on the second page of reply's, there is absolutely no way I plan on going through 10 pages of this foolishness.

We have real problems occurring in the world today that we as humans need to address and fix. god, or gods, or whoever you people try make believe will save us all, so far are either asleep on the job, or never have shown up to work in the first place. Please people, put down your dead gods, and your idols, quit fighting over nonsense, and religion dogma...start helping to find solutions to our global problems and begin to enjoy one another and their differences in culture and foods...this religious insanity really needs to be abandoned. Think about it folks, For thousands upon thousands of years, religion has not delivered the goods--It never has, it's not now, and it ain't ever gonna...

*edit* make that 18 pages of garbage....more pages on this topic than actual topics that don't exist purely in a fantasy world...un-freakin' believable!!! This is why we are on the brink of extinction (yes USA & Russia still have roughly 20,000 nuclear bombs ready to shoot off in an instant, need we go into the other nations around the planet armed as well? How about the Mideast, Where is Jehova...sadistic murderer or not, where the hell has he and all these gods been???. My god people, start doing some thinking, use that brain of yours and wake up!

[edit on 19-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

make that 18 pages of garbage.

Well that's a very loving position to take as well, is it not?
Let's face it, for every opinion, there's an equally strong opinion from a completely different perspective. There are gradients in extreme, everywhere. Assuming all people of a particular religious or non-religious stance are identical in thought, function and purpose, is the epitome of the very things you rail about. Can't have it both ways. It starts with us, not our neighbors.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
oh man, pass me the freakin' puke bag! oh, god, I"m getting out of this thread before (to quote Barbara Bush speaking about why she would rather not think about the victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans) "...I pollute my beautiful mind".

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Let's learn together, what say you?

Observe this very odd behavior:

Atheists are the same everywhere. They claim they love others and are humanitarian but are very quick to judge and to condemn you to the abyss of insanity, should you have an experience they can't explain. Hypocracy is rampant in their ranks, are the endgame of their belief system (which is by its virtue of being an unproveable hypothesis, a religion) is the total annihilation of every female on this planet. You see, women make more children. children are population problems. Population problems need to be eradicated. Therefore, the only life left is male scientists with their beakers and pocket protectors in some bunker under the earth where they can experiment on their own creations till the ends of the universe.

End of odd behavior.

What did you learn from that bunch of generalizations?

Nothing, you say?

Well try this one on for size then:

All men, everywhere, are cruel, heartless, self-centered. egotistical, muscle-bound boys with face hair.

They rape and murder and pillage and plunder and will be the death of us all. If you're a man, as a woman I should hold you personally responsible for what other men in history have done, PERIOD.

End of that bunch of generatlizations.

Learn anything yet? Probably not. Go back to your normally scheduled brainwashing

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by AshleyD

Eh, it all comes down to your personal opinion of capitol punishment. Do you think the death penalty is fair? Some do, some don't. It's not so much as a religious issue but a moral and social issue.

That cross you so proudly display is a tool for capitol punishment...you worship the devise that ...

never mind...I'm only on the second page of reply's, there is absolutely no way I plan on going through 10 pages of this foolishness.

We have real problems occurring in the world today that we as humans need to address and fix. god, or gods, or whoever you people try make believe will save us all, so far are either asleep on the job, or never have shown up to work in the first place. Please people, put down your dead gods, and your idols, quit fighting over nonsense, and religion dogma...start helping to find solutions to our global problems and begin to enjoy one another and their differences in culture and foods...this religious insanity really needs to be abandoned. Think about it folks, For thousands upon thousands of years, religion has not delivered the goods.

*edit* make that 18 pages of garbage....more pages on this topic than actual topics that don't exist purely in a fantasy world...un-freakin' believable!!! This is why we are on the bring of extinction.

I have seen God's angels and they have spoken through me. You have not experienced for yourself because you are of the most unpure branch. You do not bare fruit therefore you cannot and will never know God. You are already dust as there is no hope for you. Anyone who reads this rest assured God does indeed exist. I have experienced God and seen his works with my own eyes. I have spoken to God through his spirit and you are telling lies and leading people away from truth.

If you do not believe you cannot and will never meet God or his angels. Raphael descended from that pillar in the sky and did come down and speak with me the revelations which have and will come to pass. You have no love in your heart, I can tell by the way to attack others for believing the truth.

For those of you who do believe in truth. The light was never extinguished, for it is man that does not understand how to connect with God. Hold God and his words close to your heart in the coming years ahead as it will help guide you through troubles.

if you doubt my validity in knowing God I dare you to challenge my knowledge as the truth will strike you down like a sword of fire, which is God's word, and the Truth.

Shameful you are for discrediting the one who is responsible for your life, who gives you air to breathe, and protects you. Shameful... There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on personal delusions and lies.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by libertytoall]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Shameful you are for discrediting the one who is responsible for your life, who gives you air to breathe, and protects you. Shameful... There is nothing in the world more shameful than establishing one's self on personal delusions and lies.

Don't you dare try to force me into your twisted belief system. Uh uh, my momma and daddy made me, not your one and only of the light thing...I'm not the one with the delusion sir, I'm quit certain that I know where I came from. My dad came inside of my mother, and the sperm fertilized the egg, they decided not to have an abortion, and soon, approximately 9 months after the fun, a baby was born. She was not a virgin, and neither was Marry.

And pray tell, just how do you know I haven't spoken with God, or angels? Huh? Do you know this for a fact? Some of you people are so quick to judge...nowhere ever have I ever claimed to be an atheist. Never. I may be or I may not be, but quite frankly that is not your business.

My point is if you people spent as much time and money as you do buying into this hooky and bogus crap, maybe just maybe, we could begin to start fixing this messed up planet. Thus far, religion hasn't improved our lot much at all, if anything, looking back in history we see the reality of the situation, and that is it's a huge scam and it brainwashes the masses and controls them for political purposes.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

you people spent as much time and money

How do you know how much time and money people spend or don't spend on these solutions?

I'm not exactly sure you are working with all the data.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join