It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Detect Lowest Frequency Radar Echo From The Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Scientists Detect Lowest Frequency Radar Echo From The Moon

www.moondaily.com

A team of scientists from the Naval Research Laboratory, the Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL's) Research Vehicles Directorate, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., and the University of New Mexico (UNM) has detected the lowest frequency radar echo from the moon ever seen with earth-based receivers.
In the lunar echo experiment (more properly called a lunar bistatic radar experiment), the Air Force/Navy High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) high power transmitter, located near Gakona, Alaska, launched high power radio waves toward the moon. The reflected signal, weakened because of the long distance to the moon and back, was detected by receiving antennas in New Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.arrl.org

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Late last year, the HAARP (HF Active Aural Research Project) performed a first by bouncing HF-frequency signals off the moon. Starting tongight they will be once again bouncing signals off the moon at around 7mhz. This time though, they're looking for Ham operators to send in signal reports.

www.moondaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
make sure to check out the second link for how you can participate in this experimentwww.arrl.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting link! Too bad I don't have a ham radio to participate in this.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Same here, I'd love to have been involved..

Funny though, I was thinking of getting into ham radio a few weeks back..

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
all things are made of matter and most things have energy source, or put off/ absorb some kind of energy

it doesnt suprise me in the least, the moon is a big energy source of mass

great post though!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interesting topic. But, and at the risk of showing my ignorance (not that it stops me normally), why, pray tell, do we bounce radar signals from the moon?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm sure there are many purposes for this experiment, as said in the article

"One of the successful goals of this experiment was to demonstrate that the LWA can work with instruments like HAARP at lower frequencies than its nominal design."
My guess would be that as we venture out into space and soon maybe have a lunar colony or bases that we look for good ways to communicate more efficiently. Although many things with HAARP are unknown but if anyone can join up with the experient and report back that would be great. Know anyone with a HAM radio.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
as i look deeper into haarp i find it very interesting, from shooting at alien space ships to communication , to saving the earth from global warming, i found some cool videos of haarp, the more we understand the more we can figure out what they are up to.

Haarp Test
True possible purpose
Egyption Haarp connection
these are just a few examples, take them for what there worth, granted there are many things we do not know, who knows, maybe this test is to see if they can create weather on the moon. Anybody got any good theorys on this.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Makes a great deal of sense, why waste billions on launching outdated space-vehicles to deploy short-life, high cost, vulnerable satellites in an already overcrowded environment.

Using this technology, in the future you could replace a large number of communication satellites by simply bouncing radio-waves off the moon. With the correct refinement this could be used to radar image the whole damn planet in 24 hours.

Thinking slightly out of the box, using the radio amateurs could be a great cover story, instead of them asking what they are doing, getting them to be part of or buy-in to the project feeling they are involved. After all they would be the first to notice radio transmissions bouncing round the ionosphere on unusual frequencies.

I can only believe there would be no military involvement in such a project, IF the military had already done it before, otherwise id expect them to be really interested, as this could be used from communications thru to jamming.

Even further out of the box, if bluebeam exists in any form, you can bet your boots this is part of bluebeam beta.

edit for spulling!

[edit on 18-1-2008 by 2ciewan]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ciewan

You raise good ideas, bring the masses involment into the project, mayby hide a secondary signal piggy backing on the transmition. Who knows what sinister plans they have planned, maybe just to beams one giant ad on the surface of the moon so we can look at the coke -a -cola logo for eternity. A Floating billboard, now thats way out of the box.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kr0n1ck405
reply to post by 2ciewan

You raise good ideas, bring the masses involment into the project, mayby hide a secondary signal piggy backing on the transmition. Who knows what sinister plans they have planned, maybe just to beams one giant ad on the surface of the moon so we can look at the coke -a -cola logo for eternity. A Floating billboard, now thats way out of the box.

i think pizza-hut will be there first.
They have already thought about it!
linky

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Last weeks moonbounce using HAARP (HF Active Auroral Project) in Alaska was a major success. Tonight they begin their second phase of bouncing signals off the moon. Shortwave Listeners, Amateur radio operators and anyone else with a sizable wire antenna and a radio capable of receiving HF can listen in and send a signal report (see link above, bottom page). Sundays bounce began at 0630-0730 UTC on 6.7925MHz, and then switches to 7.4075MHz. between 0730-0830 UTC.
Sorry got was out of town for this but here was the page for the times
Times for moon bounce

Results of the first night
Thanks to all who participated on the first evening of this experiment. We have received over 550 reports from North America, Australia, Pacific islands, and from many European countries. All of the reports will be useful and ones that contain audio recordings and other recorded data sets will be especially valuable. Please don't forget the second night of the tests, 20 January UTC (see below). If possible, please also note your location and the type of antenna and receiving system you are using in your report.

check out the full article here

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is already two other active threads on this subject :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
it is good to be informed, but as you can see by date mine was started 2 days before yours, but it does not matter, we all find different sources of information and different people share comments on what is said, long threads tend to get over looked, who has time to read 4000 comments anyways. Good luck and happy huntings

top topics

join