It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government to Release all UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The Ministry of Defence has made a firm commitment to release its entire archive of UFO files. I was informed of this intention earlier this year but have now been notified of the precise details. There are some 160 files dating back to the 1970s and it has been decided to place them in the National Archives over the next three years, commencing, it is hoped, in Spring 2008. The release will be undertaken on a rolling programme in chronological order, starting with the oldest files first. The files cover a wide variety of areas, ranging from policy and UFO sighting reports, through to public correspondence and the way the subject is handled when raised in parliament or covered in the media. Some material will be redacted in accordance with the exemptions to the Freedom of Information Act. This would cover material such as names of MoD officials, together with any classified information. I very much welcome the MoD's decision. Whatever one believes about UFOs, the files will offer an intriguing window on one of the most interesting and controversial aspects of the MoD's business.

That's from Nick Pope's website. I haven't seen it crop up onto ATS (correct me if I'm wrong).
Interesting news! I just hope other countries will follow suit.

What are you're views on this? Do you believe they will truly release everything?
Looking on the bright side, I think this is good news. It's one step closer anyway!

- WTS.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If i'm correct, there's a thread about it, opened by IsaacKoi

Britain to release 160 UFO files

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yes there is a lengthy thread about this:

Britain to release 160 UFO files
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed
Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.
Mod Note: Repeat Topics – Please Review This Link.

new topics

join