It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone getting bad vibes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Recently, I was provided a fantastic opportunity to purchase a house from the company I work for. However, to do so I would have a whole lot more month at the end of the money. I went for it anyway.

Well, for the first time in a long time, I found myself not filling up my tank at the gas pump. I have to make sure I have enough money for everything else I may need (plus bills) before my next check comes. I started watching the amounts at the pump people ahead of me were spending. After a while, I started to feel sad. To me, even number amounts mean thats all I have today for gas. I would see $5.00 dollars, and $12.00 a lot more than $55.17 or $49.90, and it hit me, these people are just like me, but I'm willing to bet many of them are not lucky enough to own a home.

It's little things like that, that leave me feeling un-easy. I feel like they have found the numbers on pretty much everything to keep us "just getting by", but still able to make themselves a fortune beyond belief.

I guess I should be thankful for being able to get by with a roof over my head.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Actually when you think about it. These businesses pay you crap then you have to use that money to pay for the gas to get to there place of work, then you work all day for them and make them rich then you drive home and need more gas to go make them rich tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yes, I tend to agree, "greed" and more "greed" is fueling much of what we are seeing and there are the "receivers" of all that greed, while the majority struggle. It is a sad case that we have come to, but as I understand greed, and as we have seen in past times, it doesn't lead to any good outcome, especially for the one's who are holding the reward of that greed.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I agree about the wage vs. cost of living issue.

I understand that they just raised the minimum wage, but if you have a 25 mile per gallon car, and work 12 miles from home you are spending around 90 bucks on gas a month. Then you have the cost of fuel for the fuel tankers to bring the gas. The cost of fuel added to foods and goods.

One thing that has helped my conscience and pocketbook, in addition to my health, is buying locally grown foods, organic if possible. I shop at the local Co-op and Farmers markets. In addition to the food being less expensive, and at a higher quality, my money stays in the local economy instead of the coffers of some multinational corporation. Some items are actually more expensive, but I have to replace them far less often, because they are fresher and take longer to go bad.

I can't imagine how I would feel, 'vibes wise', if I were eating hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrups. I would call it empty nutrition, if there were any nutrition actually there. Some people get all worked up, and call me a hippie or something when I tell them I eat Organic Foods, but all I want is the quality of foods my Parents had. Not factory processed, hormone pumped, genetically altered, pesticide sprayed, chemically fertilized foods. Sounds gross, doesn't it?

Try to keep you money in your local economy as long as you can. And eat as much wholesome food as you can. Both have helped me cope with the 'vibes'...
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I agree with you seawolf197. They dropped the price of gas 4 cents this week and next week it'll probably be up 10 cents. The property taxes is what's killing us. They keep raising them and do nothing. The streets aren't paved or fresh graveled. Pot holes are all over the place!

Even if you have your home and property paid off it really isn't yours, if you can't pay your taxes. They will take it from you. All these politicians
coming to town making promises *you know* they won't keep! It seems like the crooks get richer, while the honest citizens go into the poor house.
Be good boys & girls and eat your beans!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have slowly been trying to buy more and more organic myself. I am raising 5 of my grandkids and it's tough paying more and getting less.

I don't know of two many politicians that come through on there promises.

I'm just paying attention to as much as I can.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join