It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb threat closes World Bank buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Bomb threat closes World Bank buildings

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - The World Bank said it would not open its buildings in Washington on Friday because of a bomb threat.

"World Bank Group Corporate Security is investigating a bomb threat received by telephone. The Bank is working with law enforcement officials to determine the validity of the threat," according to a short post on the World Bank Web site.

"As a precautionary measure, Bank Group management has decided to close all World Bank Group leased and owned buildings in Washing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just another radical or some other force at work here? Are people really starting to wake up to the fact that the fed is a privately held corporation, and starting to voice their discontent?

Or is something else going on here. Could the bank be afraid of a cash run with the markets plunging?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Id be happy is the World Bank and the IMF were simply shut down, permanently.

I think this is either someone who's not playing with a full deck of cards, or who's agenda benefits from the closure today, as i doubt the threat will keep the WB closed. Too bad...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My first thought is that they didnt want to open today, believing it would trigger something market wise...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There is no coverage on the media about this

I'm extremely surprised, even if this is probably anarchists. This is still very important news, which should be getting coverage.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This sounds a little too coincidental.
hhhmmm....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
this is a lil to fishy for my tastes, i think the idea of a run on the bank isent unfounded and they are waiting out bushes address this after noon at 11:50 est. seems like its goona be a fun day.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, it's not totally propagated yet, but it is being covered:

ap.google.com...

add the h to that link to see it

But ok, if you think it's that important, I'll flag it. (kinda don't like doing that on my own threads unless I feel it's real important.)

[edit on 18-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

[edit on 18-1-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well it does give me a very bad feeling about the rest of the day. I may be paranoid and crazy and all that but doesnt it seem just a bit to coincidental???

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
well see as the saying goes" just cuzz im paranoid dosn't mean there not out to get me " but dont worry it cant get much worse right ? i mean its not like theres a reason they would want to be closed when bush announces that the economy is doing bad enough to require help right?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

thats what I was thinking Krill....
and just so this is not a one sentence post I will add to that um, doesnt sound good.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

this is to Seewhatyoudo too:

Yep. What's interesting is some of those articles went up over 9 hours ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
IMO the story being told is not true.

World Bank must have thousands (if not millions) of "enimies".

I'm no expert in bomb threats, but I tend to believe that these kind of Groups\Corporations get a LOT of threats every week or so.

To believe that they would CLOSE all buildings because of a threat, then it would have to be something out of the ordinary... which doesn't sound to be the case. (Seriously, are american people really stunned when they hear about another threat? I guess not...)

So, this story is COMPLETELY untrue (which now reminded me of a 9/11 video where it's stated that, days before the event, the buildings were evacuated to search for explosives with sniffing dogs and all...) or there is more about the "threat" that whats being disclose.

Someone above said perhapes they did not wanted to open today, and that reminded me of school age. Back in the day, when we did not wanted to go to school, we would choose a friend to go to a public phone and call the firefighters about a bomb in school. (There never was a bomb in fact... not even a small cracker, but classes were suspended for the day.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
it's funny i just saw bush last week saying our economy is in no trouble,,,and that" it's fine""
FF 2 weeks later

and i have to laugh because in the end we'll be footing the bill to pay for the stimulus package right?????

and i think a lot has to do with greedy corporations knowingly screwing people and it's blowing up in there face ---yet not to worry the gov't is bailing them out

i undersxtand helping people so they don't starve--welfare etc---but to bail these greedy corporations out is ludicrous

americans are struggling so use a stimulus package----which we eventuqallypay for in taxes anyway-----seems like bad logic to me

CX

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It IS being reported on the news.......Sky were mentioning in thier .lines yesterday. Heres something on it on thier site too....

World Bank bomb threat - Sky News

Bomb threat shuts down World Bank

FBI probes World Bank bomb threat

Plus many, many more.

Theres news of this everywhere, so i think we can call a halt to the "no news about this" cover up conspiracy talk.

Thats not to say of course that the reason for the closure is genuine. It will be interesting to see what happens at the World Bank in the coming months.

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It IS being reported on the news.......Sky were mentioning in thier .lines yesterday. Heres something on it on thier site too....

World Bank bomb threat - Sky News

Bomb threat shuts down World Bank

FBI probes World Bank bomb threat

Plus many, many more.

Theres news of this everywhere, so i think we can call a halt to the "no news about this" cover up conspiracy talk.

Thats not to say of course that the reason for the closure is genuine. It will be interesting to see what happens at the World Bank in the coming months.

CX.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i only see one person stating anything about lack of media covreage and he dosent even begin to say that said lack of media shows a conspiracy or cover up. are you seeing something that i dont ?

now back on topic. atleast they were closed when the dude with the shot gun showed up on capitol hill. the police were asked and said that there is no connection as of yet to the gunmen with the bombs showing up in the same area as the bank. but who knows maybe he called in the bomb threat as a diversion from his planned assault with the idea that it might take the cops attention away from a intended target?

new topics

top topics

join