It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"New Book Warns of a Polar Shift on December 21, 2012"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
...just finished this article about said topic. Here's the one science clip that stood out in bringing this to the forum's attention:

The author of "Worse Than Global Warming: Wave Technology" says, "Polar slots in the magnetosphere (area around the Earth controlled by its magnetic field) have widened from a norm of six degrees to 25-46 degrees. This allows more matter and energy to enter the Polar Regions causing the Earth's crust, the oceans and the ice caps to warm. Is this accelerating global warming? Is our advance in technology (microwaves, powerline harmonics, ionospheric heaters, cell towers emissions) corrupting the planet's harmonic frequency and exacerbated this polar slot? Will we, like the suspected Ancients, cause the 2012 prophecies to come true five years from now?"

www.prweb.com...

"Worse Then Global Warming" @ Amazon.com

Paperback: 96 pages; publisher: Safe Goods (October 22, 2007)

Author Nina Anderson is a corporate jet pilot and author of 17 books including an environmental novel, 2012 Airborne Prophesy. Her experience flying at high altitude triggered her keen interest in atmospheric changes and frequency-based systems of communications and weaponry. She has spent well over ten years researching the information that is presented in this book.

www.safegoodspub.com...

( *edit* for additional information )

[edit on 18-1-2008 by anhinga]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
so shes not a scientist? no formal schooling in atmospheric science?

i am a skeptic of this whole 2012 thing. i think she is trying to make money..thats about it.

kind regards,
digitalgrl

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DigitalGrl

Sure, your point is obvious; yet, I image a lot of people don't know the valid science involved w/ the numerous layers of the atmosphere, she's supposedly studied it for a decade, so, like I sort of mentioned in the OP, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Is there anybody here who has some stats/info. about this topic?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is to be a polar shift in 2012. Scientists have already proven that, They also have already proven that we are entering the Milky way at the same time amongst many other things. I will get some of that proof together later after I am awake and post it here. Just got up so need some coffee.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
so shes not a scientist? no formal schooling in atmospheric science?

The last thing that anyone could describe me as is an "expert" on anything but I am fascinated with the concept that an individual has to have had formal education, with all the restrictive and reactionary practices that usually goes hand in hand with it, for someone to be considered an expert?

An example of a distinguished scientist with no university degree:
en.wikipedia.org...

Surely they should be judged on the strength of the arguement they are presenting with all relevant supportive data etc.

That we are due a shift in polarity is beyond debate.
Exactly when and what effect it will have is open to subjective debate and I doubt anyone can say with any serious conviction.

A money making excercise without doubt, but that too should not detract from the strentgh of her arguement if based on supportable and provable facts.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree fully with that but some folks need that extra bit of evidence. Ok for instance does Nibiru exist? I have evidence that it may. Yet people are trying to debunk it. In fact I also am trying to debunk it, and I even have astronomers trying to prove or disprove it. So we will see.

So even if we have evidence that proves something from a scientific point of view it will still try to be debunked. Thats human life we are so full of questions that we have to try to disprove everything.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is one thing that talks about pole shifts.

Solar Storms Cause the Pole Shift

In the book Earth under Fire I came upon the correct theory. More precisely, in the chapter entitled "Solar Storms and Geomagnetic Flips." The astronomer Paul La Violette writes “Field flips have been accomplished experimentally, by shooting large quantities of loaded particles on a strong bipolar magnet. These particles are then caught in the magnetic fields and cause a "ring-stream" in them. At a certain moment this stream speeds up to such an extent that the field of the magnet reverses completely.”

Read more here:
survive2012.com...

The real Proof:

NASA Claims Polar Shift Due In 2012

Solar System - Did you notice? In February 2001, the Sun did a magnetic polar shift. The next one is due again in 2012. NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star's awesome magnetic field flipped 22 months ago, signaling the arrival of a solar maximum. But it wasn't so obvious to the average human.

Earth’s magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity. Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740,000 years ago. Some researchers think our planet is overdue for another one, but nobody knows exactly when the next reversal might occur.

More here:

www.gvnr.com...

And lastly:

These folks are selling books I am not saying buy the book, but I am saying they show real evidence on Scientists ect. Including Einstein.

www.poleshift2012.com...

I hope that was what you were looking for. there is tons of proof out there if anyone did a google search on it.

Hilda

[edit on 19-1-2008 by hildar]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the polar shift happening in 2012 has plenty of debatable topics.

people, like this woman are suggesting that the polar shift is going to be a scenario of end times proportions...and yet this has not be proven. that is problem i have with this whole thing.

I have only seen non-expert created websites talking devestating effects of it...or wikipedia posts..(which wikipedia is not a valid source). i haven't seen anything on nasa.gov announcing havoc or scientific america magazine, or any other reputable scientific peer journal or review talk about danger in 2012 associated with this at all. if someone can point out to me some quality sources literally stating that we are, then ill be completely open to the idea. until then, im chalking it up to another 2012 hysteria laced theory. and i dont mean this statement in a combative or sarcastic way. which is sometimes hard to tell absent tonal flucuations and what not.

the reason why i said i dont believe this lady is because there is no one else backing her up in the academic community. people who sprout up out of nowhere and say "hey ive studied this for a decade" with no paper trail of credentials to back it up, makes me suspicious. at least someone that is labeled an academic or a scientist from some formal institution has a record that i can examine to tell if they are a crackpot or not. thats why it matters to me. i am fully aware and believe that people can be intelligent in various fields without formal schooling.

Thanks!
kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
There is to be a polar shift in 2012. Scientists have already proven that

Eh?

Do you mean the Suns magnetic field will reverse as it does every 11 years? In which case it'll have as much impact on earth as every previous one has. Which is, er nil. Although some say it does cause Man Utd to score more goals ...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The suns magenetic pole is now different then before NASA has proven that its now at a slant. Then we will be having one in 2012. The sites and materials given tell all that.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

I have a classic car, whose odometer turned completely over a few weeks ago. I had been waiting for it to turn back to zero for months. When it finally happened, I had a very mystical experience. I actually pulled off the road and meditated for a minute. So much time! So many miles! Who would have believed, when the car rolled of the assembly line, that I would be there to see the odometer go back to zero?

It was a moment of destiny. Deeply significant!

I thought about it for a moment, and then pulled back on to the road and continued driving. Nothing else happened.

December 21, 2012: The exact same thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wait, I thought Planet X was coming in 2012? Or some sort of calendar ending? But Pole Shifting...

There's evidence that the poles have indeed shifted in the past, but our ancestors obviously survived it. The speed of the solar wind banging into the upper atmosphere would probably have generated enough charged particles to make a sort of makeshift magnetosphere while the poles 'powered up' again. But I don't think something that massive would happen in 2012, there'd be some strong evidence to show the effects now.

Damn, I feel like such a 'pseudo-skeptic'

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thigs that might happen

1. Myan calendar predicts alignment on the winter solstice 12/21/12, where the earth aligns directly with the Sun and the Galactic Center (but the actual alignment isnt perfect as it's about 6.5 degrees off of a straight line.

2. Science also shows that we are completing one 26 thousand year cycle where we oscillate above and below the Galactic enter "Plane" where gravity affects objects a bit more, which can cause perterbations, knocking asteroids out of stable orbit resulting in posible asteriod activity, also possibly a pole reversal (kind of like going above or below the equator here on earth.

3. Soon the NEO (Near Earth Orbit) Asteroid Apophis will come close (between earth and it's circling sattellites) which may affect us, and potentially be closer or collide on it's nect orbit.

4. Possible overdue Pole switch ranging from 5k years to 50M years where tropics become arctics and vice versa. Crust movement can range ad times from aywhere from hours to months, either way fairly catastphic.

5. Eris / Niburu (Planet X) / Nemesis (Brown Dwarf binary Sol System) may come in range so that they affect our gravity and/or magnetism. Also the Annunaki may return as they geneticly engineered us as slaves so many eons ago. Perhaps they may check up on us.

in many of these cases all items result in a rapid shift of earth weather and activity that can result in similar events to the bibilical sundering of mountains and re-arraging of the planet's surface with our long awaited face lift called "culling of humanity"

I am not sure if I bleieve any of these, but they are all interesting prospects.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
2012 will be (or is supposed to be) a high point in the sunspot activity on the Sun, but this has nothing to do with the poles of the Earth.

While a pole reversal is overdue and will likely happen soon, how soon is "soon" is up for a great amount of debate. Most scientists in the field agree that a pole shift of the Earth may occur within the next 1,500 years.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A pole shift refers to the Earth's magnetic field reversing its polarity. If a magnetic reversal occurred today, compasses would point south rather than north.

In the past 15 million years scientists found pole shifts occurred four times every 1 million years. Though this averages out to once every 250,000 years, switches do not occur at regular intervals. During one period in the Cretaceous, polarity remained constant for as long as 30 million years, though this is believed to be an anomaly. The last pole shift took place 790,000 years ago; causing some scientists to believe we're due, while others speculate a reversal is already underway.

Dynamic processes taking place deep inside the planet generate Earth's magnetic field. A core of molten iron surrounds the inner core of solid iron, each rotating at different rates. Their interaction, and perhaps other geophysical processes not yet understood, creates what scientists call a "hydromagnetic dynamo." This self-perpetuating electric field acts in some ways like a gigantic bar magnet. The Earth's magnetic field extends into space for tens of thousands of miles from the planet's poles. It not only protects the Earth from solar radiation but plays a fundamental role in overall climate, weather patterns, and migratory habits of animals. If the poles were to reverse instantly, destruction would be global, from earthquakes and volcanic eruptions to melting of Arctic ice and vast flooding. However, evidence suggests pole shifts happen gradually taking anywhere from 1,000 — 28,000 years. The last four flip-flops took about 7,000 years each.

Evidence for pole shifts came unexpectedly in the 1950s while exploring seafloor spreading along the mid-Atlantic ridge. Here molten material wells up, cools and hardens, creating new sea crust, pushing the old crust outwards. Magnetic particles or iron oxides in the lava act like tiny compass needles, aligning themselves with the magnetic field, leaving a permanent record of the Earth's polarity at the time the crust is created. By reading the orientation of the oxides at various distances out from the point of welling, scientists can "look back in time." What they found was striping or alternating bands -- periods of reversal throughout history.

Some researchers believe a pole shift is underway today because the magnetic field has decreased in intensity as much as 10% - 15% over the last 150 years, with the rate of decay increasing more significantly in recent years. If this trend continues, the magnetic field will be gone in 1000-2000 years. A weakening magnetic field is a precursor to pole shifts, though it's acknowledged the current decay might also be attributable to other unknown causes, or might reverse itself. In the case of a pole shift, once the magnetic field weakens enough, the field directions undergo a near-180 degree switch before strengthening and stabilizing in the new orientation. However, scientists don't really know how long this process takes. What is known is that it takes twice as long at the poles as at the equator. So while compasses at the mid-latitudes might point south after a 3,000-year transition, compasses at the poles would continue to point north for another 3,000 years.

The actual mechanisms behind a pole shift are still unknown. Some theories suggest comet impacts might play a role; others, that the magnetic field is inherently prone to flip-flops. Conclusive answers await a better understanding of the dynamics of this very fascinating geophysical phenomenon.
-wisegeek.com

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am sorry, but anyone who believes the crap on this site, needs to get a decent education in science. It demonstrates why we need a decent Science curriculum in this country. Also a healthy dose of history and scepticism would help to. If you are prone to believing conspiracy theories, like 911 was planned by the government, or that the JFK assassination was a Russian, Cuban, Mafia, etc plot, then consider stopping the intake of drugs, and if you have stopped already, think about therapy, though honestly, it is probably too late for you. Next best step, do not have children. Good Luck

top topics

join