It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel closes Gaza border crossings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Israel closes Gaza border crossings

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM - Israel has closed all border crossings into Gaza, cutting off food and humanitarian supplies to the coastal strip in a bid to pressure its Hamas rulers to stop a barrage of rocket attacks on Israeli towns, defense officials said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Those hoping for some peace agreement when Bush visited can likely forget that..Seems more hostility is brewing.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Israel could shut off all water and electricity going in to Gaza as well if they wanted to, since they control that also. Along with shutting down anything coming in from the sea.

As long as there are Palestinians and Israelis, there will never be peace in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Am I the only one who see's the madness in giving terrorists all the supplies they need or want????

Ok, you launched over 100 rockets and mortars and you expect the victims of this attack to allow terrorists into their country or allow supplies to their rocket firing enemy???? Hello???????

As I have repeatedly said, it will take third party military to stop the terrorists.

Both sides need to be separated and controlled, but how can you expect Israel to not respond to terrorist’s rocket attacks.

Clearly, Israel will continue to "RESPOND" to the terrorist attacks.@@:

Everyone remember Hamas terrorists asking for a cease fire:
www.abovepolitics.com...

If they really wanted a cease fire, THEY, would stop their terrorist attacks.

If someone/group/ was to actually control the terrorists and stop the attackers, they "MAY" find that peace and cooperation "may" be possible".

Please note that the other territory controlled by Palestinians is not having response attacks, in as they have stopped their attacks.

Further, I believe the US was offering something on the order of hundreds of millions in "NON" military support-food/medicines/build/rebuild infrastructure.

I believe it only now requires a signed peace treaty formalizing what they have promised/done.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

To cut-off basic supplies to a contained ghetto (the most appropriate word to describe Gaza) is nothing short of an act of deliberate provocation to create tension and possible militant strikes by the Israeli state

...peace process my arse!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well, Israel closed it's borders, but what about Egypt? Can't they help those in Gaza? Gaza isnt' completely surrounded by Israel.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Reply to mrmonsoon

Ok, you launched over 100 rockets and mortars and you expect the victims of this attack to allow terrorists into their country or allow supplies to their rocket firing enemy???? Hello???????

Cutting the supplies will increase their numbers as the non-terrorists will suffer aswel.

As I have repeatedly said, it will take third party military to stop the terrorists.

If Israel coudnt get rid of Hezbullah and manage to loose 80 MErkavas known as (undefeatable) tanks THAN what makes you think a third party millitary will do?Loose more soldiers, helis and tanks?

Both sides need to be separated and controlled, but how can you expect Israel to not respond to terrorist’s rocket attacks.

How can you expect Palestinains not to respond when their houses get bulldozed and live without basics.

Clearly, Israel will continue to "RESPOND" to the terrorist attacks.@@:

Clearly the more innocents die the more Hamas gets support.Rmember it’s the people who voted Hamas into power.

If they really wanted a cease fire, THEY, would stop their terrorist attacks.

Israel should also stop its little incursions aswel.

If someone/group/ was to actually control the terrorists and stop the attackers, they "MAY" find that peace and cooperation "may" be possible".

That’s where you get it wrong.Israel doesn’t want Peace it wants to Extend.

I believe it only now requires a signed peace treaty formalizing what they have promised/done.

Peace will only take place when Israel stops dreaming about extending and give the palestinians their lands back.No land No Peace.

Understand?

[edit on 18-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
the thing is, even if Hamas leaders agreed to a cease fire, there are several factions and other non-affiliated groups who ruin it for everyone. And when israel shells these locations they end up killing civilians, and those civilian deaths anger more folks who carry out more attacks...

EUREKA!! I HAVE DISCOVERED PERPETUAL MOTION !

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Well, Israel closed it's borders, but what about Egypt? Can't they help those in Gaza? Gaza isnt' completely surrounded by Israel.

Interestingly, the only thing I recall hearing being sent over the Egypt-Gaza border is weaponry.

It brings to mind the old question of how much do the leaders of the neighboring countries actually care about the Palestinian people as opposed to having them as a political posturing tool.

Think about it... if the surrounding nations banded together and helped the Palestinian people make a state in peace rather than help further war... what would they have to complain about? Come to think of it, if they actually gave humanitarian aid instead of helping terrorist orgs it would really take the wind out of a lot of things, such as bin Laden's rants wouldn't it?

Yes, Israel has closed the border due to non-stop rocket attacks. Egypt's politicians need to step it up now and show that they want to help the people of Gaza. Not help them fight Israel... help them live.

top topics

join