It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's the smartest person in the world???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i was thinking about this the other day when i was watching a show on the manhatten project and los alamos.

back then they had the 'greatest minds' working on the project...einstein sent a letter, oppenheimer headed up the deal.....basically smart mofo's.

who takes the title today...hawking? some mathmetition somewhere?
maybe some physicist or surgeon....

you can tell it's not me cause i can't even spell.

who gets your vote though.....i am very interested in this....someone has to take the prize.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Morning Boon.

I would have to say Hawking gets my vote for smartest person alive today. The man is sooooo smart.

He even seems to have common sense and a good personality. He is definitely not an intellectual snob as some very intelligent folks are.

I was so happy when he had the opportunity to do a space float recently. I felt like I was there with him.

Dizzie

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Funny, I thought it was my brother in law.He sure claims to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.LOL
I believe most of us know someone like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
the smartest person in the world, hmmmm i would have to say lombozo, i think he is smarter than hawking.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

my vote goes to hawking too. i was also very stoked when he got to experience the float....the guy has not walked in like what, 25 years...

i know he has lived longer than anyone else with ALS...
jason becker is also still kicking around but hawking has had it a LONG time...
i think that every day i am going to wake up and it is going to be in the news that theoretical phycisist hawking dies...

i think then he will truly be admired for his work

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Ha, I have a father in law that is the same way. Everytime you talk to him you can just tell he isnt listening and he is just thinking of what he is going to say to make himself appear smart. Drives me crazy, but he is a good guy either way.

I think Hawking is by far the smartest person alive, that is well known anyhow. I imagine out there in the big old world we live in there may be someone smarter, that isnt known yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i used to be a pretty smart cookie, until I joined ATS. since then, it's been all downhill

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Marilyn Vos Savant scored the highest IQ test on record so far, using the Stanford-Binet IQ test format. A good overview of her achievements is at Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

Marilyn also writes a column for the U.S.-based Parade magazine, among others.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Anyone who dosent feel the need to create nukes.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by outrider
the smartest person in the world, hmmmm i would have to say lombozo, i think he is smarter than hawking.

I would have to agree with this statement. Lombozo knows his stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The smartest person in the world is someone behind the scenes making super-viruses, ridiculously powerful nuclear weapons, and micro-chips so small a microscope can barely see it. Hmmmmm, if only that person used his intelligence for good!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My vote goes to the guy that invented toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the smallest person in the world is...

Khagendra Thapa Magar, a fourteen-year-old boy, weighs only 4.5 kg (10 lbs). He currently holds the world record for being the smallest person in the world.

gargles.net...

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Originally posted by outrider

I would have to agree with this statement. Lombozo knows his stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Before you go asking who the smartest person in the world is, you have to know what is "truth". Otherwise, you are either listening to your gut feelings about someone or it is just hear-say.

Has anyone actually found that yet?

Although I have not actually read anything Hawkings has done, why is it everyone says he is so smart, besides having the title of professor? I heard him talk a few times, but he doesn't seem to say anything that is really a breakthrough for intellects.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've heard from a few people who would know of such things, and read in various articles and books that Hawking isn't that nice to be around, and wasn't when he was younger either and the same has been said of Einstein and pretty much every really brilliant thinker. I remember watching a program about Savants and how freaking amazingly clever they were. This one guy flew over Rome in a helicopter having never been there before and then drew the most amazing picture of Rome, the details were unbelievable, but the Dude couldn't operate a microwave!?! WHF.

Smarts are necessary to function in YOUR environment, a lot of people lack the smarts to even do this.

A lot of very so called smart people I know in high finance and high this and that are real pillocks and incredibly difficult to have a conversation with.

IQ is BS

Sorry BD... I have issues with the whole concept of IQ, EQ, MQ and all that BS.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
I've heard from a few people who would know of such things, and read in various articles and books that Hawking isn't that nice to be around, and wasn't when he was younger either and the same has been said of Einstein and pretty much every really brilliant thinker. :

i don't put much stock in the high IQ tests of the lady that were done years ago.

i guess to know we'd have to agree on a definition of smart. that is a task to itself.
we have savants like rainman that can do things like you mentioned but can't make change for a dollar..are they the smartest.

we have people like hawking that are brilliant physicists and such...are they.

i think people say hawking for the contributions he has made to his field, how long he has been into it and the recognition he gets from his peers.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

My vote goes to Roland Deschain

(just messin' with you)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
AD say's,

Funny, I thought it was my brother in law.He sure claims to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.LOL

Are you sure you and I don't have the same brother in law? LOL

Seriously tho,,, I'd have to go with Stephen Hawking.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure who I'd nominate as the "smartest" as I agree, "smart" could be defined many ways. However, on a related issue, check out THIS GUY
I gotta here his interview on C2C.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Corbin Dalus]

new topics

top topics

join