It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the web a trap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This may be a well worn subject but its worth repeating considering recent reports(can't say exactly where but mainstream) that our computer records may be used to profile us. In the event of martial law I'm sure they'd want to round up potential dissidents right away. I bet that a refresher course in the early days of the third reich would be time well spent.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
By trap, I'm assuming you mean "Collecting information on you without your consent". You'd be correct, in that they collect information about you, archive it, and in some cases, sell it to other corporations, (IE Facebook sells information such as your movie interests to producers). You'd be wrong if you think it's without your consent. You know those "Terms and Conditions" you scroll past without reading? They say, (Something along the lines), "By signing up to [site name], you sign an irrevocable and non-terminating contract," Then something along the lines of them being able to distribute your information to other companies. Other websites like "Myspace" and many popular internet forums also have this in their T&C.

The internet isn't as secure as you may think.

[edit on (1/18/0808 by Hexidecimal]

[edit on (1/18/0808 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines of the PTB using people's web profiles to categorise them in the event of a martial law crackdown. Someone with alternate views getting an early booking at the FEMA camp. Is'nt it kind of funny that 'net' and 'web' are the names used.

new topics

join