It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars 'Watergate' !!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
"Sussex, England U.K. - It seems more like a scene out of a George Lucas movie than reality. But after downloading the most
recent Mars Rover image, designated 'PIA 10212,' independent UFO researcher 'Arcturian Kontakt' feels that he has discovered some evidence that could change science and history as we know it."

Latest NASA photos show modern structures on Mars

At first, I thought this was just good fun. After I read it... I was stunned.

Serious researchers really need to see this.

'Johnbro'

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I'm just not convinced that this really amounts to anything. But I did look at the site.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
the large black and white panoramic photograph is the most interesting. It has definently been altered. I see 4 'stitch' lines across the horizon. It could be from 2 different things either from changing the back ground or erasing any buildings in the background, or from stitching the photo together to make it a large panoramic photograph. I would say that the horizon has been altered.

Here's why:

The most interesting thing about the zoomed in image of the horizon is not the structures that are apparent in the photo, but the lack of any difference in color above the horizon. This lends to the fact that whatever was on the horizon was erased (very poorly might i add) Because they just put 1 single color over the horizon, which shows that it has been altered. Because if you take a picture of a homogeneous sky, when you zoom in there will be a difference in colors between the pixels. even if it is just a small difference.

Great find! thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this one.

This is a shot made by Opportunity near Victoria crater.
The importance of this shot is that it shows how Field D-Star navigation
capability works: if you look at the Rover's tracks, you can see the "circle": that's the point in which the rover "decided" the best way to overstep those debris and the small crater that were in front of it.

NASA's twin Mars Exploration Rovers have been getting smarter as they get older. This view from Opportunity shows the tracks left by a drive executed with more onboard autonomy than has been used on any other drive by a Mars rover. Opportunity made the curving, 15.8-meter (52-foot) drive during its 1,160th Martian day, or sol (April 29, 2007). It was testing a navigational capability called "Field D-star," which enables the rover to plan optimal long-range drives around any obstacles in order to travel the most direct safe route to the drive's designated destination. Opportunity and its twin, Spirit, did not have this capability until the third year after their January 2004 landings on Mars.
Earlier, they could recognize hazards when they approached them closely, then back away and try another angle, but could not always find a safe route away from hazards. Field D-Star and several other upgrades were part of new onboard software uploaded from Earth in 2006.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The original image can be found here:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

For those who are interested in looking at the Hi-Res version of the image (25 MB)
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The full catalog of the Navigation camera (sol 1160) can be found here
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The full catalog of the Front Hazcam (sol 1160) can be found here
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The full catalog of the Rear Hazcam (sol 1160) can be found here
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The full catalog of the Panoramic Camera (sol 1160) can be found here
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

When something hits a planet, should produce ejecta: parts of ejecta may hit another area creating what we see in these FALSE COLOR images: even two, four, more smaller craters. One of the variables is the impact angle. This is the result of a impact, IMHO:

probably the one which created one of the many smaller craters near Victoria, but i may be wrong.

upload.wikimedia.org...
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Anyway, there's not a single rock wich may have a clue to be artificial, and to use a false color image in order to claim that a rock is blue is never a good idea, IMHO.

About sol 603 image: here's the list of full res STEREO images:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

I don't see the "structures" in the background: what i see, and barely, are
mountains, maybe because there's much less jpeg artifacting in the original images.
About the horizon: no i don't think that we should expect to see relevant differences: if we would decode the files names, which contains many infos, we would find that the time difference between these images is
129, 145 and 141 Seconds,

Seconds of these stereo images (from the start of the mission)
So i don't see what differences should we expect to see in a lapse of time of two minutes.
About the UFO, i couldn't retrieve the original image, so i have no clue what it could be: it looks to be a nice find.

[edit on 18/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Then some are like huts made by Aborigines or Bushmen - but
40,000 years more advanced.
- from the site

LOL!!! I mean really. This sentence is so laughable I nearly fell over in my chair.

I dont see much "wrong" in any of those pictures.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
...' independent UFO researcher 'Arcturian Kontakt' ...

Oh that reeks credibility...We have rovers on Mars for 4 years and satellites to boot..Not to be coy, but "Face" the truth..

Rmember the bunny ears saga?

Anybody can post an image with comments like, "ribs?", "metal?", "skull?", "dinosaur crap?"; but don't take it at "face" value, come on use your judgement with these outrageous claims.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

This is just delusional. It's a pile of rocks.

Before you make any claim of this sort, you have to show that alternative hypotheses are ruled out by carefully evaluated data. Nothing of that sort at this website.

Science is hard.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
Anybody can post an image with comments like, "ribs?", "metal?", "skull?", "dinosaur crap?"

What? Dinosaur crap on Mars? Wow!
That's something that I need to look at!!

But seriously, I agree with what Internos said. Those so called 'buildings' in the horizon are nothing but jpeg compression artifacts. That's what you get when you zoom it in X400!

But those 'UFOs' need another look-see.

new topics

top topics

join