It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“The tanks will return to Red Square on May 9th 2008”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Really? Maybe in name only. People like Putin and iskander seem to be doing nothing but dreaming of the good old (soviet) days, and now seem to be trying to figure out how to bring them back.

centurion1211, are you just a run-of-the-mill racist or a fully dedicated Russophobe?

Be honest, I‘ve been tracking Russophobe lobby on ATS for some time now, so if you got something to say have some guts and do it, and I'll just make another note in my files.

p.s. Do not speak for me, and do not put words in to my mouth ever again, period.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Borat has been around for much longer than you think anyway, so claims of it being anti-kasakh propaganda because of some tat with the US is rubbish, as he was a bit part sketch on the Ali G show in the late 90's on Channel 4.

Exactly, yet the timing in all such cases is simply incredible. With time every single thinking individual comes to a conclusion that there are no coincidences.

Stumason, ever wondered how certain “media personalities” get sponsored and financed?

Have you seen “Wag the Dog”?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Really? Maybe in name only. People like Putin and iskander seem to be doing nothing but dreaming of the good old (soviet) days, and now seem to be trying to figure out how to bring them back.

centurion1211, are you just a run-of-the-mill racist or a fully dedicated Russophobe?

Be honest, I‘ve been tracking Russophobe lobby on ATS for some time now, so if you got something to say have some guts and do it, and I'll just make another note in my files.

p.s. Do not speak for me, and do not put words in to my mouth ever again, period.

You're keeping files? Does your Mom know what you're up to down there in the basement?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You're keeping files? Does your Mom know what you're up to down there in the basement?

So when all else fails... on go the personal insults. Someone needs to lock this thread quick before we finish all the space on the internet...
No, but really, WTF??

[edit on 26-1-2008 by 3vilscript]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

So when all else fails... on go the personal insults. Someone needs to lock this thread quick before we finish all the space on the internet...
No but really WTF??

Yah it was pretty funny. Iskander is well known for making outlandish claims, so we all just respond by laughing these days.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I dont mean to compare him to Jesus, but everyone laughed at him and look how that turned out. All I'm saying is the Russians view the world in a much simpler manner than the rest of the world does, and I mean no offense by that, so we should all accept that they're different. After all thats what Big Bird taught me...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To the point of the tanks rolling again, I have to say its exiting. I cant wait to watch some vids on youtube. Call it flexing muscle, pride, whatever, its all good.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aaaaa

You see aaaaa, "adding to files" is not only computer stuff, or filing taxes, it’s also a grown-up way of saying "commit to memory".

As to my mothers’ basements, I'm happy to say that both my mom and my mom in law now have wonderful home theater systems all arranged by yours truly.

All of the good stuff, hand picked, none of that all-in-one garbage.

How about your self, are you an X-box or a Play Station type a guy?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Having tanks in the military parade, hav8ng the kargest naval exercises since the fall of the uSSR and resuming Bear bomber patrols a re for one thing. That is to show the Russian people Putin has restored Russia'simportance in the world, especially with an election coming up. Still though these measures are just for show.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Still though these measures are just for show.

True, a show of pride and remembrance of the victory over Nazi Germany.

That’s what the parade has always been about, victory day.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Another ridiculous post by the OP, but I'll play along. You should know that you've lost your argument when the only thing you have left is name calling.

Response to foolish point #1:

Russians are not a separate race, so by definition I could not be a racist even if I hated russians - which I don't.

Response to foolish point #2:

No, not even a so-called "russophobe". However, I did live throught the cuban missile crisis and the "what to do if the soviets attack with atomic bombs" drills in elementary school.

So, for good reason, call me wary of countries with leaders like putin or the loud mouth from iran.

And do not presume to threaten me, ever again. Period.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
C'mon fellows....let's play nice....

Seriously, the agrression stops.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
However, I did live throught the cuban missile crisis and the "what to do if the soviets attack with atomic bombs" drills in elementary school.

And Russians of the same age will have lived through exactly the same crisis, and had exactly the same drills against the same supposed threat.

Hopefully we've all learned a lot since then...but both US and Russia are still big on displays of military power.

I guess the difference is in style: the Russians still like an old-fashioned parade, the US tends to use the media more and goes for air shows and the like. It all depends on what the audience like.

Here in the UK military parades tend to be a bit more on the ceremonial side - we do like our Battle Of Brtiain flypasts...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Another ridiculous post by the OP, but I'll play along.

What’s OP again?

You should know that you've lost your argument when the only thing you have left is name calling.

It was not name calling, it was a QESTION, and here is why;

People like Putin and iskander

“People like”? By saying that you by default put YOURSELF in a category, and I just wanted to be clear on which one instead of just assuming. It’s a courteous thing to do.

Russians are not a separate race, so by definition I could not be a racist even if I hated russians - which I don't.

Wow, and I hoped that you know at least something about the general topic.

That is incorrect Mr. centurion1211, Russians are one of the SLAVIC peoples.

Look into Pan-Germanic, Pan-Slavic, Pan-Rumanian and Italia Irredenta.

I HATE WIKI!

Slavic peoples are traditionally divided along linguistic lines into West Slavic (including Czechs, Poles and Slovaks), East Slavic (including Belarusians, Russians, and Ukrainians), and South Slavic; (Bulgarians, Croats, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs, Slovenians and Bosniaks). For a more comprehensive list, see Ethno-cultural subdivisions.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the region where I stayed, for centuries Russian population has been peacefully living together with Mordva peoples.

Currently Mordva peoples actually formed their official Republic of Mordovia, which is INSIDE Russia.

The Republic of Mordovia is situated in the central part of European Russia, in the Volga-river basin on the area of 26 200 square kilometres. Its population makes up about one million people. Saransk (348 000 people) - the capital of the Republic is about 600 km eastward from Moscow. Transport lines link up Mordovia with almost all regions of Russia.

www.fipc.ru...

No, not even a so-called "russophobe". However, I did live throught the cuban missile crisis and the "what to do if the soviets attack with atomic bombs" drills in elementary school.

Well then you should know that the Cuban Missile Crisis was instigated by placement of 15 Chrysler SM-78/PGM-19 Jupiter IRBMs in Turkey back in 1959. Those missiles targeted USSR.

30 more were stationed in Italy.

Other then that, naturally there was the issue of repeated attempts to assassinate Castro which included making deals with the mafia, and invading Cuba (the Bay of Pigs) by the use of mercenaries and US special opps, so the “crisis” was created by our own hands, and the “duck and cover” mass a media propaganda campaign to cover it all up.

Since anti-Soviet propaganda worked so well, it created the very "russophobe" rasist mentality I was inquiring about.

Are you irrationally and pathologically distrustful and fearful of Russians? Does anything Russian have a negative impact upon your psyche?

If those are a “yes”, then you’re a Russophobe.

So, for good reason, call me wary of countries with leaders like putin or the loud mouth from iran.

It is a good reason, after all we are the only ones that actually used nuclear weapons, and immediately stated that we’ll use them again with out hesitation.

As for Putin, he’s not the one invading Iraq to get all that oil for his rich friends, he was busy fighting against Muslim extremist terrorists long time before 9/11, it’s just before 9/11 our media called them “Chechen freedom fighters”, and now the fact that Russians have been fighting the war on terror since 1991 is not even mentioned.

Think about that.

I have never threatened you. I very clearly requested that you stop putting words into my mouth.

If you consider that a threat, take it up with a moderator.

As MemoryShock wisely put it;

C'mon fellows....let's play nice....

I surely do agree!
edit:

3rd TIME!

Formating+p.s.

p.s.

A question to all present moderators, how am I supposed to properly continue the conversation with out getting caught in the “excessive quoting” trap?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by iskander]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

Another ridiculous post by the OP, but I'll play along.

What’s OP again?

[edit on 30-1-2008 by iskander]

It's an abbreviation (acronym?) that can mean either the Original Post (starting the thread) or the Original Poster. I was referring to the latter in this case.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It's an abbreviation (acronym?) that can mean either the Original Post (starting the thread) or the Original Poster. I was referring to the latter in this case.

Oh, so you’re referring to me in 3rd person and do not care to address me personally?

Do not worry, I’m not some Russian Communist out to get you, I’m sitting in a sunroom in the all American Seattle Washington.

I hope somebody get the irony of that. Sunroom - Seattle. Anyway, I’m definitely not in the “American Federal Empire”.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by iskander

Another ridiculous post by the OP, but I'll play along. You should know that you've lost your argument when the only thing you have left is name calling.

now that's a lot of bs right there, YOU DO REALIZE that in Russians are nut just white, it is asian, caucausian people, white people. So YES< it makes you racist, plus Putin is way better what US has in administration right now, how can someone be excuse me for my language, dumb to vote for Bush twice, that's paradox, and it wont be surprise that you voted for him also.

[snip]

Mod edit: Courtesy is Mandatory
[edit on 30-1-2008 by Odessit]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join