It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pays off 70,000 Sunni Insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No wonder Bush is proud of himself and telling America we are
winning the war in Iraq. If I paid off the insurgents NOT to kill
me or my people, I'd look good too.

70,000 Iraqi Sunni Insurgents receive $300.00 each month
they don't KILL or MAIM American Soldiers. Bush has put
terrorism on the government payroll in Iraq. What the he!! ???
why did we get rid of Hussein if we're gonna put bad people
back on the payroll in Iraq??

Is this how Bush solves the unemployment issues in Iraq ???

Bush pays off 70,000 Sunni Insurgents

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You're right, thats basically what it is; others would have you think that they are providing employment and hope for the Iraqis

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
what Bush doesn't understand is:

you can't buy loyalty

but you can rent it for a while
just til you can get to the next election

edited spelling

[edit on 18-1-2008 by SimonSays]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
what Bush doesn't understand is:

you can't buy loyalty

but you can rent it for a while

Very well put. Blowback on a smaller scale

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Last I heard, the CLCs schwacked a bunch of AQ in a firefight and drove them out of their town. I don't think they are being paid not to fight coalition troops, but to fight the AQ.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Last I heard, the CLCs schwacked a bunch of AQ in a firefight and drove them out of their town. I don't think they are being paid not to fight coalition troops, but to fight the AQ.

If you are paying them to fight AQ, then consequently you are paying them not to fight coalition troops.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Pardon me if I'm wrong
but I thought we were already paying 135,000 American Soldiers
to do that already !!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OMG
this sounds more like Afghanistan every day.
Once upon a time we paid Osama Bin Laden
and his people money and guns to fight the
Russians til they left. After they left, we didn't
need them anymore and stopped our funding and
guns. Then they turned on us.

We are now arming Iraqi insurgents to do the same thing
against Al Queda. After AQ is gone from Iraq then our
funding will stop and then all he!! breaks loose and they
overthrow the democratic gubment for an Islamic Regime
just like the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Sound familiar ???

Bush has once again screwed up. He has tried to settle
an incident for the short term not thinking about the long
term effects of his actions. What an imbecile !!!

The cost of paying 70,000 insurgents $300.00 each month:

$21 Million

[edit on 18-1-2008 by SimonSays]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

The US does kill a bucket full of AQ, but remember, everyone is screaming for the US to withdraw troops. Someone has to take up the slack after we leave.

Seriously, it's probably all part of having the Iraqis fight for themselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Seriously, it's probably all part of having the Iraqis fight for themselves.

if so, then why are we paying them ???
Why not the Iraqi government ???
they are the one with the oil revenue, not us

$21 Million a month

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

but remember, everyone is screaming for the US to withdraw troops.

They are?? where is this??

Elections coming up?? what the hell are you talking about??

All of the candidates have stated EXEPT RON PAUL that we will be there from a few more yrs to 100 yrs..

Screaming seems to be a whisper if you ask me. Not to mention they are itching for a reason to go into Iran.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, could have fooled me. Seems like Congress was trying to pass a bill ordering the withdrawl of troops once a week for a while.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maccain

Please dont make me hunt the rest. really.. its just so simple.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First of all,, you guys need to understand that for technical purposes,, Iraq is gone. There is no more Iraq. We went there to do what the Bush Regime and The puppet master himself Richard Cheney had wanted to do from the start and thats take over Iraq. It was a country we already knew very well we could invade and eventually take over, install our puppet Government and they all could live in the city within a city.

The largest most expensive facility of its kind in the world and they are calling it an embassy

www.usatoday.com...

We have gone in there for the 2nd richest oil and ntaural gas reserves in the world according to some. We have done it because of Americas tenuous reliance on Oil. Some of you have no idea just how tenuous it really is but one read of Alan Greenspans Book might enlighten you.

McCain is right in one respect, there is nothing wrong with our presense in Iraq however we get it, is another story. Now that we have built this half billion dollar enclave, I don't see us leaving there for a very very long time if ever.

Once the Dems were made aware of the sweeping changes to the Presidents expanded powers that were all exposed in a Frontline investigation last night called ""Cheney's Law" one wonders if they are waiting to have a Democrat in the oval office to enjoy these new powers because they sure haven't been as vocal as they were to get control. I think this is also why the impeachment process started went off the table.

The two part political system is a Joke anymore and you can only hope for the best with all the talk about rigged elections and Corporautocracy the Supreme court denying the landmark case in Redress of Grievances by we the people vs the United States. The American Idol Show could put together a better way to decide the next Great American President better then what we have now.

The American Empire like Rome, will implode caving in on itself from within not unlike the WTC towers that started it all.

I hear a lot of talk about revolution by many on this forum who are giving us all a reputation to live up to but not backing up their own Bravado with anything other then a reputation they DO live up to.

That is, what they are doing,,

is just that,

all talk.

- Con

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Someday US Americans may realize that neo-cons like Cheney and Bush are every bit as evil as that coterie that served around Hitler. But to tell the truth, they will probably realize that while they are being herded into FEMA Camps.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I cant stand John McCain. He is a chump. When I did this or when I did that, Thats all that idiot says. Hey John when you did that I bet you were the fastest sperm in the fleet.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I think jericho65 was talking about the average citizen wanting people to leave Iraq, not the average politician. I could be wrong, though; I'll let him speak for himself. That's the impression I got, though.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

You are really informed!
It is very hard to get the picture, but today this story of the US army paying off the Sunnis is in the Herald Tribune, which is the international edition of the New York Times.

The policy has stopped working. Anyway, I wish I had seen this sooner. I simply did not understand this "Surge" and how it seemed to start so suddenly.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
These are the same geniuses that DISBANDED the Iraqi army immediately and sent all of Iraq's trained military men onto the street without pensions, without income, with no way to feed their families. Then they were suprised when many of those individuals started working for insurgent groups that WOULD pay them.

Now they want to pay them to stop fighting? Brilliant idea.

I can see it now, truck full of Sunni insurgents swings by to pick up Muhammed for a little rabble rousing and Muhammed says "No...sorry...can't go today, I am on Bush's payroll and promised to stop fighting". I am sure that excuse would go over very well with Muhammed's insurgent cohorts. More likely Muhammed will jump on the truck and tell his friends how he just got a check for $300 to "stop fighting" and they will get a great laugh out of it.

How do they even know who these insurgents are? Are they arresting them and then cutting a deal at that point? I wonder what the Shi'ites would think of that? Paying the opposition to stop fighting, giving them gov jobs, while the Shi'ites get nothing?

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Awakening or Sons of Iraq or whatever they call it this month has been a huge success, if anyone is following. As long as we pay more than AQI or JAM or whoever, we can buy peace or even turn them on each other. SoI have been killing tons of insurgents. They're cheaper than Blackwater.

The only problem is, they are all getting fired in a couple of months.

top topics

join