It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012!!! Why Won't They Listen???!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The world will definitely end in your lifetime.

The world ends in everyone's lifetime.

The world ends every day.

Knowing that the world will end in your lifetime, and accepting it as you have, is a good thing. It means that you at peace with the concept of your own mortality.

The world will end, and your lifetime will be over. Just as the world has ended for every other creature that no longer walks this earth. None of us will live forever, and thus the world will end for all of us someday.

I do not believe that you have access to any "inside information" any more than I believe that you are the Archangel Michael.

Go ahead and whine and rant (since this is the rant forum) about all that won't listen to you. How do you know that other people don't have "inside information"? How do you know that some of the ones you are ranting about might be more "enlightened" than yourself?

Oh, wait... I forgot... You know you know. We just think that we think. It must be hard having all of that super special knowledge inside. Your poor archangel head must be bursting at the seams!

Sorry for that. This is the rant forum, though.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It seems to me that if foreknowledge of this event is available then it becomes a question of belief whether or not a person takes action.

I'm in the belief category myself. I'll admit it. Maybe it's just because I've gotten extremely paranoid learning about the federal reserve, the lies that result in America's wars, or the slide towards a police state in the US.

Maybe these things have made me paranoid and so I accept the 2012, end or "change." I believe these events are MEANT to make some of us paranoid so we can prepare.

If it's true then we have four years to predict a safe place on earth to move to and to acquire stores. The basic rules of survival have not changed because of this scenario.

Shelter, food, teammates, a new "society," could be in place in time to save some remnant of humanity. Maybe it's just time to leave the old world in the dust.

What's needed is assemble the group, pool the resources, and then do some serious study and learning to find the sanctuary. It could turn out to be very easy. The Hopi believe the southwestern U.S. will be largely spared the fire that is predicted to end this age.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ranting about how you "know" the world is ending is nice,if it makes you feel better.
But what is your proof that puts you in the know?
And you seem to have the end of the world confused.
Your life will end someday,and theres even a chance humanity itself will one day vanish.
But much like when the dinosaurs vanished,the world was still here afterwards.
The world will outlive everything here.
In time, the sun or a black hole will decide the earth's fate.
So the world itself isnt ending anytime soon,evenn if humanity is long gone.
But I do hope you dont have your hopes up too much,cause come 2012 and nothing happens,your in for a huge let down.
That being said,wouldnt it make you feel better to have been wrong about this whole thing?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've studied the 2012 end of the Mayan calender off and on for years...

As this theory becomes more widespread, disinformation and (any truth of)information grow. Soon, most all of the general public will be aware. In the time coming it will be a repeat of pre 2000. Masses will cash in on this. With all of the disinformation, will arise people ignoring of the truth... which just might be there is no ending, but an underlaying spiritual beginning[possibly of a new age].

The thing is we just don't know yet what this may mean based on the information we have. Seems every generation(ie 60s The End is Near), this is just ours. All we can do is be prepared the best way possible and see how it turns out, unless there's something huge that comes along allowing us to know this truth before hand.

I see it as it was, a linear time calender, as December 21, 2012 is the end of a cycle. Anymore than that, I'm just not sure yet, despite some past theories I've studied.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
One of the problems in predicting end of the world is that for every single date in existence, somebody has predicted end of the world on that date. Its easy to understand when we think about 6.5 billion people thinking and only 365 days in a year. This means that if some day anything at all happens, there will always be somebody who is then said to have known the future. But nevermind..

Another thing to consider is the fact that why do people who are clearly irrational, unlogical or paranoid almost always think that they belong to the elite who know? Smart people tend to know that they don't rule the world with knowledge, but fools are another matter. They don't but they think they know.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
okay i dont kno much about this but like really why would god destroy his own earth? why would he destroy something he created? and if he wanted it to end why would he want to end 2012? yeah i think really if he wanted it to end he would of ended it by now but yeah

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It is the truth from Your Lord.

The Day of Judgment is a fixed thing, we cannot advance it one hour or delay it one hour. It is a fixed time from the day of creation. Your Lord has numbered you all, and in these last days have sent the balance (17P) to weigh you all, those whose weights are heavy ( with good works) will be the owners of Paradise ; and those whose weights are light ( disbelievers and evil-doers) will be the owners of Hell.

You still have time to REPENT and do good works, prepare for the next life while you still can. Now is the time for action, don't let the life of this world distract you from the remembrance of Your Lord. Race one with another for forgiveness from your Lord and for a Paradise as wide as the heavens and the earth reserved for those who ward-off evil.

We are living in the HOUR, Oh children of Adam, hold fast to the rope of God, His last mercy to all mankind and be saved from the SHATTERING.

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

[82:1] When the heaven is shattered.
[82:2] The planets are scattered.
[82:3] The oceans are exploded.
[82:4] The graves are opened.
[82:5] Every soul will find out what caused it to advance, and what caused it to regress.
[82:6] O you human being, what diverted you from your Lord Most Honorable?
[82:7] The One who created you, designed you, and perfected you.
[82:8] In whatever design He chose, He constructed it.
[82:9] Indeed, you disbelieve in the religion.
[82:10] Oblivious to the fact that there are (invisible) keepers around you.
[82:11] They are honest recorders.
[82:12] They record everything you do.
[82:13] Surely, the pious have deserved bliss.
[82:14] While the wicked have deserved Hell.
[82:15] Will incur it on the Day of Judgment.
[82:16] They never leave it.
[82:17] Awesome is the Day of Judgment.
[82:18] What a day; the Day of Judgment!
[82:19] That is the day when no soul can help another soul, and all decisions, on that day, will belong to GOD.

Amen.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They wont listen because its not true and also nostrodamus used a old trick anyone can use, he described things that either way would of happend like suposedly 9-11 but think about it over the past 100 years how many buildings have blown up all around the world not to mention that they never talk about the PROFICIES THAT WERE WRONG they only talk about the ones that were right and if you listen closely they say YOU CAN INTERPRET THIS LIKE... and not to mention the myan calender theory is wrong on 3 levels.
1. THE CALENDER COULD JUST RESTART!!!
2.the book they read it in was an extremely old one that wasnt destroyed by the spanish so it could of been rewritten.
3.THE SCIENTESTS COULD AND PROBABLY ARE READING IT WRONG

look im not here to say your wright or wrong but never base it off something we dont fully comprehend. ohh and the myan proficie never said the world would end on OUR 2012 WE have are OWN SEPERATE CALENDER THAT IS DIFFERENT and thats just when our sun lines up with the center of the galaxy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

i agree

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

i agree

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Truthfully, I do realize however it is best people just stay asleep, I guess.

Oh but I'd think they might do something a little more productive if they only knew what it is I DO KNOW.

BAH!

and yet here you are ranting on a conspiracy theory website

[edit on 15-1-2009 by borachon]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Relax... it isn't going to happen.
You're pathetic...
You won't take advice from someone?
I won't give you any advice because you are not asking for it.
You're just being like that annoying woman out of The Mist.
The world can end any second... just enjoy your life, maaaaaan why won't you listen.
If we don't die in 2012, then you'll say some sort of excuse... and delay it to another date just like everybody else has done when they thought the world would end.
Hell yes, the world is not immortal.
The food won't last forever.
I'm not saying this in an offensive way, I am trying to put it as nice as I can.
It's just so irratating! Arghhhh.
Thanks for reading anyway, have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Incarnated, I don't know if this will help, but I wanted to chime in and say a few words. I know what I know, and what I know causes me to speak out, as I can't stand by and say nothing. If I am wrong, so be it, but I'd rather be thought a fool for speaking out than to find out after that I was right and I didn't say anything.

I, too, see the end date of the Mayan long count calendar as being significant and feel the urge to tell others to be aware of it. The problem I encounter is that people get hung up on the whole calendar ending thing, and miss the message, like missing the forest by focusing on just one tree. I think (I don't know) that part of the message is change, simply because a new calendar will be needed, perhaps? Why? Could be that we will outgrow the need to keep score with calendars in general, or maybe because our orbit or polar orientation will be altered. Mostly I think there will be something profound happening on that date that all with eyes will witness, and it would be wise to prepare for the worst-case scenario, be that by praying, or building shelters, or both.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

It is the truth from Your Lord. The Day of Judgment is a fixed thing, we cannot advance it one hour or delay it one hour. It is a fixed time from the day of creation. Your Lord has numbered you all, and in these last days have sent the balance (17P) to weigh you all, those whose weights are heavy ( with good works) will be the owners of Paradise ; and those whose weights are light ( disbelievers and evil-doers) will be the owners of Hell.

Sorry to burst your bubble, man...
We're not going to die.
...and God doesn't exist. If he does, then God will you smash the glass on my table within the next five minutes?
No?
I didn't think so, I shall reply to you within the next five minutes to share the results.
We are not going to die in 2012, so stop trying to persuade people to be good to gain God's loyalty. It's like parents telling kids to be good, then if they are good then Santa will come.
You're saying all of the non-believers will go to hell?
I follow some teachings of Anton LaVey (yes, damn right... the Anton LaVey that created the philosophy LaVeyan Satanism).
I'm trying to be as nice as I can, it's just all of you christians persuading people to join your little cult - you #### me off, you really do.

Have a nice day, thanks for reading (no offence intended on anybody I think I just lost my temper)/

This is my edit, and no it DID not smash. It isn't proof.
Also, if "god" loves us - then why would he send some to hell? Apparently he loves everyone. The image you people have made up of god is a loving superhuman in the sky that created everything and loves everything. Hmmm what do you say to that?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by godoftheforest]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
this # makes me giggle.

so what is the real difference between the mayan calendar and our own? nothing... besides the span that it covers.

they measure time in different ways, the mayan new year wont be any different then our own. BUT IT HAS A 3500 YEAR CYCLE...and? what...you expected them to make a calender that goes on forever? ....... ours has a 365 day CYCLE THE END IS NIGH...THE END IS ...oh #...nvm...nothing happened the night of dec 31 2008.

exactly. dont be retarded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i cant believe people are so #en stupid.

do you believe the world if flat and the sun is 17 miles away? No, of course you dont....yet you still believe another theory created by those same simple minds. your "god" makes me giggle. god can lick my nut sack.

the world has - was supposed to end for that last 2000 years, stop spouting your retarded views please. do you ever feel like your talking to a person with down syndrome when you talk to he religious?

makes me want to throw up on their chest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a super human in the sky that created and loves everything, but as soon as you do something he doesnt favour your spend enternity burning in fire and blah blah blah...so retarded.

control by fear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant wait to see this website the day after the mayan calender passes, i wonder how many people will be back peddling nad saying..well well...our math was wrong...ITS...ITS 2021!!

[edit on 15-1-2009 by 30 Seconds]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
OP: I know the world is ending!

Everyone else: How?

OP: OMG stop trying to convince me otherwise, yer all blind!

Everyone else:

It would help your rant if you made a bit of sense. I could say I am a t-rex, and I know it, but it doesn't make it true. There is this thing called 'proof,' I suggest you provide some. If you cannot, then your post is nothing but worthless, unproved babble.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join