It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012!!! Why Won't They Listen???!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sure, it sounds crazy enough. I was born knowing the "world was going to end" in my life time. It was back in 88 I started really researching the events to take place. I never had my eye on a date. I more studied the prophercies and what no.

I never said the world was going to end on "this date" before. I knew Y2K was a joke. I knew 1999 was nothing more then Prince's wet dream. I never even looked for a date. I just knew it was coming.

Many people I talked to over the years said it sounded like I had been studying "2012" and it seemed so far off I didn't bother to check into it at the time. I had other things to consern myself with.

I watched as the political pieces set themselves up just as nostradamus said they would. Not just nostradamus, but the bible too.

Oh lord....

Then just last year I thought I'd check to see what "2012" was about. My lord oh lord does that date fulfill everything I ever learned about "the end of the world"...

Most people that scoff at the date know nothing, and they want to stay that way. They don't see Eziekiel's Wheel. They don't want to... It's all right there!!!

I make jokes now on other forms. I say stuff like "oh yeah that would be great to do, if the world wasn't ending in 2012"... I make jokes because I know. Then people act as if I'm the "crazy" one.

People it's coming!
People it is COMING!!!

Oh why, oh why why why won't they listen?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

OMG, calm down.

You say you 'know', and I say you 'think'.

If you 'know', I assume you have proof.

The world's going to end because a Mayan calendar ended then?

C'mon and be rational here. All throughout time people have been calling for the armaggedon, and it hasn't happened yet; however for some reason you think it will because of a Mayan calendar.

You don't 'know' anything. You're just guessing.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

You think I think...

I know I know...

I don't know what to make you think so that you might know...

I'm just ranting.

It's coming. I know.

Have Fun!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Truthfully, I do realize however it is best people just stay asleep, I guess.

Oh but I'd think they might do something a little more productive if they only knew what it is I DO KNOW.

BAH!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Did you miss the 'rational' part of my post? The world is not coming to an end.

It's funny that you're complaining about people not listening when all they have to go off of is someone without proof saying 'I know'.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense.

And it's not quite a matter of not wanting to face it. It's a matter of irrationality.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
On a side note, Y2K was a real threat, the reason why it was averted is due to prgrammers fixing the bug before it caused problems.
Anyway, this is just yet another doomsday bit, so get over it. It won't happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

You seem to be having special trouble understanding this rant.

You think you know me. You don't know me. You think you know what I think I know. You don't.

You don't know me.

You can't even grasp the consept of my rant dude!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
2012 or not, does it honestly matter? The world will end and you know what, there is nothing we can do about it. I have a sneaking feeling that it will happen with in the next 100 years, but then again thats just a feeling. I am not God nor do I speak for him. Enjoy your lives just incase people, stop thinking about it! If you spend your lives thinking about the end you miss everything between the begining and the end (hope that makes sence). Enjoy the time you have left be it 20 min, or 85 years just enjoy it. Peace

[edit on 18-1-2008 by tetsujin420]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yeah, the world is going to end. It is inevitable. At some time or other we will cease to exist. In 2012? I don't know. Perhaps next year? Perhaps in a million or a billion years.

The Mayan calendar? Yeah ok - you can use that - all i do know is that the Mayan calendar ends at 2012 and that it is an end of an era not the end of the world. OK, maybe the end of the world as we know it currently.

Nope, the world won't end or cease to exist. It will be a new era of understanding or whatever you want it to be. We will have people all waking up on the 22 December 2012 with serious hangovers and their picket boards laying next to then saying "repent - tomorrow we won't be here" and they will rush off to the drug store for something to ease the headache.

I haven't looked into this 2012 event much at all but there is much about it. you could even go here and have a read. Pretty cool.

The world won't end so relax.

I make jokes now on other forms. I say stuff like "oh yeah that would be great to do, if the world wasn't ending in 2012"... I make jokes because I know. Then people act as if I'm the "crazy" one.

Nah, not crazy - just too caught up in believing in something that may not happen in your life time but WILL happen some time or other.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I love how I KNOW! this thing is going to happen and yet people upon people think they can just "make me understand", when what they think they understand and an assumption that is NOT appropariate for the person it is directed at.

This is just part of my rant.

It's happening already.

It has nothing to do with the Mayan Calaneder. The Mayan Calander just points out something that was already there.

It's the end of the season.

and in stead of saying something useful most people just respond with their foolish jibberjabber as if they know me and know what it is I do or do not know. Irony :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why are you here? Are you trying to convince people you have access to knowledge no one else does?

Or are you trying to recruit some fellow kool-aid drinker?

I know it's in the 'Rant' forum, but you must still be able to answer one of these questions. i.e. Why are you ranting about people not believing and wanting to stay blind if all they have to go off of is a close minded person with no evidence or proof other than saying 'I know'?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That's again all in your mind, those reasons and shiet.

The reason I am here saying this is that this is the rant forum and I am ranting.

I thought there might also be others with simular rants that I could laught at.

The reason I am here is that this "rant" from that I am "ranting" on is attached to a website and forum that I frequent. Thus I am making use of the resources.

Now that's my answer. Why are you here? You are not ranting. You are not even joking around. You are trying to unconvince me of something I'm not convinced of but rather something I know is. I'm not looking to convince anyone. Why are you looking to convince me?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Once again, it has to do with people's stubbornness to hear the 'truth'. I'd hate to use a comparison but your idea is similar along to what rebellious children would do -- not listening to their parents. No matter how much 'preparation' to avoid the inevitable (or wise words from the elders), noone seems to care.

And certain people end up doing whatever they want until at which time, that 2012 event, for example, and will deal with their gloom and doom problems later. In other words, some will take the chance of falling down flat on their faces before seeing the truth.

Oh well, you at least you tried telling us. Good luck, everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Incarnated...

There are times when even I feel, and get pretty impassioned with words, but I know that I need to curb my enthusiasm some times.

If YOU feel that we as society, are in the end times, then so be it.

When I say these words, it's not because I'm being non-chalant, it's because I need to 'temper' my feelings > into my words properly. Chose my words wisely.

I don't fault you one bit for feeling the way you do, all I ask is that you take a look at 'how' you are portraying your words. I don't think you are a 'chicken little', and that the 'sky is falling', I just think that you are pretty aware of what's going on around you and might be overwhelmed with many situations. Happens to alot of us. No shame in that.

Did that kinda make sense?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I respect you reply enough. Your words are true. However you speak out of context, as this thread is for ranting...

LOL

The thread isn't for 2012 or anything other then Ranting. And well, as far as "ranting" goes, my words were quite subdued.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

My bad. lololol

I love a good rant as much as anyone

"Carry on my wayword son...there'll be peace when you are done."

lolol

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

The thread isn't for 2012 or anything other then Ranting. And well, as far as "ranting" goes, my words were quite subdued.

In that case Good or Bad, beginning to end enjoy the moment now you spend.

Live in the now and appreciate the now.

Peace.

RT

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

People had said the world will end soon for hundred if not thousands of years, after a while you just get jaded. I myself believe 2012 will roll around, then 2013 and we will all still be here twiddling our thumbs and the dooms dayers will come up with a new date.

Sometimes I think some people need to think the world is coming to an end for some reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Please calm down and take a deep breath. There is no evidence that the world is going to end in 2012.

The mayan calendar thing doesn't mean it's the end. For example, my Hello Kitty calendar ended on December 31, 2007 and we're still here.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
ranting and raving religious tripe in order to make people see 2012 is about as futile as everyone else ranting to you about how 2012 doomsdayers are promoting a pile of steaming religious dog poo.

2012 will come and go, and im looking forward to the jokes and puns thread in 2013 when everyone starts poking fun at all the 2012 doomsdayers who will come up with an excuse like "oh its 2021, i got it wrong" etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join