It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Poster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I couldn't remember if I have posted this yet or not, I did a search but yielded no results (sad isn't it?) If I have, I apologize.

This is a protest poster I did for my Art History class
It's about "The Conspiracy of Religion".

This is the paper I wrote to accompany it

The social issue I chose that has occurred in Americas history that I feel strongly about is the conspiracy of religion. Religion is my opinion is nothing more than elaborate stories created to give faith to those who are too weak and too ignorant to think for themselves. What is life but a journey to death? What life is that? People want something to look forward to when they die. People need to be afraid of hell to be kept from doing wrong. Religion is a machine created to keep the masses in control.
A great example of this is the Roman Catholic Church during the middle ages. People who knew nothing else besides the church paid heavy taxes and gave the church gifts for forgiveness. They were born into this and knew nothing else. This gave the church power over pretty much everything. Even Today, Churches take up to 10% of a hard earned paycheck. People still today, believe the only way to heaven is through going to church every Sunday which is not true at all.
In the creation of this poster, I didn’t use a certain style, I used my own and maybe a combination of others. I tried to get a classic feel, like the art from the ancient religious artists with a mix of photography to create a blended effect that I feel creates a strong point.
I used balance and emphasis mostly. Jesus Christ is in color while the people are in black and white. The figure in the middle puts a good balance and emphasis on the piece. I feel like it gets the point across.
The Response I wish to communicate with the viewer is to look outside the box. Believe what you will, but know the origins of it and give other things a chance. Don’t conform. It’s not illegal to have your own beliefs.

The paper I wrote to accompany it along with the picture can also be found Here

Please Critique
Thoughts? Feelings? Conflicts?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by S1RCH]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by S1RCH

Actually, no one has the ability to "give" another faith, only God can give you the faith you need to believe in Him.

As for religion and masses and how it has been used to control, yes, throughout history that has been evidenced. Evil men love power and usually the power avenue they thrive through is, indeed, religion. Of course, these people are void of relationship as found in genuine faith, which is something completely different from religion.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I totally agree with you.

God (Goddess, Gods, Goddesses, Allah, etc etc) whatever it is you put your faith in, alone has the ability to give you and only you faith. IMO religion and faith are two totally different things (although I understand how you couldn't see that from my paper).
Religion is used as mass control, almost like a form of blackmail. People are blind by the fact that the relationship between them and their "Sometimes Higher Being" is between them and them alone, you don't need church or a priest giving you salvation to be close with "God". Some people see it as, "if I don't go to church, and become saved, I'm going to hell", which IMO is the furthest from the truth.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't mean to derail this topic but I've seen your other posts and you seem like a nice and laid back person so I hope you don't mind.

In the image you made, Jesus is holding His hand a certain way. CLICK HERE to see a plethora of images of Jesus with this same pose. I read somewhere the other day that when Catholicism incorporated some pagan/mystery systems into the church, this hand signal had some sort of symbolic undertone for something. Do you have any idea what it means? It is supposed to have some sort of hidden, pagan meaning but I don't remember now. Thanks in advance if you know.

[edit on 1/19/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I actually haven't heard of this, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised. It does look like it would have some ulterior meaning. I would love to look more into this, it would just make the poster have more of an underlying meaning.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by S1RCH

Great thanks. Please don't go to any great lengths for me if it is too much trouble. I just thought you might know from the top of your head. I'm not Catholic and don't follow the "sacred heart" dedication that is associated with this pose but was still curious.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time finding this, although I'm sure this forum is crawling with answers and theories. Do you have any links or references? I'm really interested and I wont stop until I find Something.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by S1RCH

Bless your heart! To tell you the truth I might have even read it on ATS. But it wasn't an actual thread about the subject- just a comment in a thread and it wasn't really relevant to the topic. All I know (or think) is that it is associated with what is known as "The Sacred Heart" of Catholicism. And I think that originated with a vision a nun had not too long ago. I might be totally wrong and be remembering incorrectly. I'm not Catholic so I didn't dwell on it. Let me know if you find something, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
its a really cool poster and in my opinion the truth.
religion is the ultimate control mechanism.
as well as being the ultimate in dividing people
and pitting them against each other.
(god is alive - religion is dead.)
when I was a kid this oriental man had that painted on the side of his van.(the whole town thought he was crazy).......He was not crazy at all.

I wish it hadn`t took another 30 years for me to see that.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ah, here we go. I found the POST in the correct thread. Scroll down to the picture or here is the relevant information from that post right here:

According to the Biblical description of God, the image below is an utterly incorrect and erroneous image of God, made like in the form of a mortal man:

Who is this man anyway? He has long hair. He has the pagan symbol of Odin's cross behind his head. He has a pagan mystical hand gesture on his right hand. He has a pagan symbol of the sacred heart.

We don't know this man and we don't worship this image. It is of pagan origin.

I guess you'll have to U2U the member who made the comment (AmITheOne) to find out his/her source.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thank you!
I sent him a U2U and hopefully he will reveal his source.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by S1RCH

No problem- but remember our deal. You have to tell me what you find out.
Most non Catholic Christians, including myself, have great disdain for the merging of pagan symbolism with our history so I'd like to know what it means. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Critique? One thing that stood out is that 'brainwash' is one word, not two

Hope you didn't submit it like that? Unless you meant it in some funny way with mixing together of words (brainwash- brain wash- washing of the brain?).

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

lol... I didn't even notice. I did submit it like that, but I think he was too appalled by the statement to notice either (he's a very devout Christian).

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by S1RCH

I just thought you might know from the top of your head.

Good choice of words.

I was looking at the link you shared from google images. Something about those pics just warms my heart.

this link images.google.com...

The obvious symbology as far as inner illumination radiating from within just makes me fall in love with the images on that page.

For the record, (as if there was one) I dont claim any particular religion.

S1RCH

I think that is an awesome poster you made for your project.

I noticed you have the extra puzzle piece with what seems to be a second or missing eye. Is there something more to that idea?

I am glad I read this thread

[edit on 20-1-2008 by interestedalways]

top topics

join