It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Moon Haze, Fog, or clouds?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is photo # AS10-32-4821 of the Apollo 10 moon missions. I noticed something strange in the photo, so I decided to lighten it up in order to see it better. To me, it looks like a haze. Maybe clouds or fog? A reflection is another possibility. It almost looks like translucent hills. What are you opinions?


The Original



The altered version



I got the photos from here

keithlaney.net...




posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is just a toss off, but could it be an image of Lunar Transient Phenomena ?
www.ltpresearch.org...

Here's a few ideas but the link has more possibilities......


Lunar Transient Phenomena by Winifred S. Cameron.

1. Tidal: Tidal stress is greatest when the Moon is at perigee. The tidal pull may release strains in the Lunar crust and permit the release of trapped gases. The Earth's tidal effects on the Moon is 32.5 times greater that the Moon's effect on the Earth.

2. Albedo Changes: Albedo changes due to dust movement. There is essentially no atmosphere on the Moon to raise dust, so this does not seem likely as an explanation. (This opinion has since change due to recent missions such as Clementine and Lunar Prospector, see conclusion)

3. Thermal Shock: The Lunar surface varies from 125 degrees to -80 Celsius during a two hour period at both sunrise and sunset, and most L.T.P.'s occur within three days of the local sunrise. L.T.P.'s could be related to the fact that dissimilar materials expand and contract at different rates. Although the Maria heat more rapidly than other parts of the Moon's surface, at a depth of just 10 cm the rock temperature is constant. Thermal conditions may be regarded as incidental to L.T.P.'s rather than the main cause.

4. Magnetic: Solar plasma bombards the Lunar surface, even when the Moon is in the Earth magnetic tail, and the movement of the Moon in and out of the magnetic tail changes the field strength. But charge particles penetrate the Lunar surface to only one-third the depth reached by the Sun; thermal rays. If thermal shock is considered to be insufficient to cause L.T.P phenomena, then much weaker electromagnetic effect below the surface must also be discounted.



posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

This is just a toss off, but could it be an image of Lunar Transient Phenomena ?
www.ltpresearch.org...

Here's a few ideas but the link has more possibilities......


Lunar Transient Phenomena by Winifred S. Cameron.

1. Tidal: Tidal stress is greatest when the Moon is at perigee. The tidal pull may release strains in the Lunar crust and permit the release of trapped gases. The Earth's tidal effects on the Moon is 32.5 times greater that the Moon's effect on the Earth.

2. Albedo Changes: Albedo changes due to dust movement. There is essentially no atmosphere on the Moon to raise dust, so this does not seem likely as an explanation. (This opinion has since change due to recent missions such as Clementine and Lunar Prospector, see conclusion)

3. Thermal Shock: The Lunar surface varies from 125 degrees to -80 Celsius during a two hour period at both sunrise and sunset, and most L.T.P.'s occur within three days of the local sunrise. L.T.P.'s could be related to the fact that dissimilar materials expand and contract at different rates. Although the Maria heat more rapidly than other parts of the Moon's surface, at a depth of just 10 cm the rock temperature is constant. Thermal conditions may be regarded as incidental to L.T.P.'s rather than the main cause.

4. Magnetic: Solar plasma bombards the Lunar surface, even when the Moon is in the Earth magnetic tail, and the movement of the Moon in and out of the magnetic tail changes the field strength. But charge particles penetrate the Lunar surface to only one-third the depth reached by the Sun; thermal rays. If thermal shock is considered to be insufficient to cause L.T.P phenomena, then much weaker electromagnetic effect below the surface must also be discounted.




Thank you for your input. The information you hinted towards to share is interesting.



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thats odd, I thought more people would have looked at this thread. It must be nothing then...eh?



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This "haze" is neatly layered. Layers are visible on top, left and bottom. There are several sharp angles between layers on the left.
No sign of "haze" on the next overlapping picture AS10-32-4820.jpg.
Not very atmospheric looking if you ask me.

(spelling edit)

[edit on 2008-1-19 by nablator]



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
This "haze" is neatly layered. Layers are visible on top, left and bottom. There are several sharp angles between layers on the left.
No sign of "haze" on the next overlapping picture AS10-32-4820.jpg.
Not very atmospheric looking if you ask me.

(spelling edit)

[edit on 2008-1-19 by nablator]


I see how it is broken up on the left side of the picture. I'm wondering if this photo has been scanned before.



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Universal Mind
 

Nice avatar
...deep, hadn't seen that specific interpretation before.

So, are you suggesting that the apparent haze is actually evidence of the atmosphere on the moon?



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose
 


Thanks, it is my favorite avatar. I am not saying anything as to what the anomaly is in this specific picture, I simply found it by chance and thought it seemed strange. There are other people that point things out on the moon and mars and most of it is usually zoomed in and embossed, all I see are pixels that people swear by. This is different, I didn't zoom in on anything, just lightened it up a bit.

I think it may just be a reflection or an error that may have occured during the process of the photo, but I am not sure. That is why I would like someone like Lear or Zorgon to look at this.



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

...

Yer lookin' at dust on the terminator there chief, hoisted aloft by the power of electricity!



posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas
 


By terminator, do you mean the line that divides day and night(try to run, try to hide)? Or is the terminator a piece of equipment on apollo 10? I tried looking it up, couldn't really find anything except for it having something to do with the stereoscopic imaging process. If it is dust being kicked up, then how are the jagged points in the left part of the photo created?



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Universal Mind
This is photo # AS10-32-4821 of the Apollo 10 moon missions. I noticed something strange in the photo, so I decided to lighten it up in order to see it better. To me, it looks like a haze. Maybe clouds or fog? A reflection is another possibility. It almost looks like translucent hills. What are you opinions?


The Original



The altered version



I got the photos from here

keithlaney.net...


The Universal Mind, thank you for sharing photos from the Moon. Viewing the first photo you presented seems to be a haze near the horizon that is correct. What is more important is the ultra modern structures and buildings to the left and right, more so near and south of the horizon You will be able to see these structures once you stretch the image with a high quality magnifying glass.

The enormous white humanoid statue to the right center is still standing vertical next to the crater looking impression. These so called craters in the photo are created by Moonbies, Moon Beings, and the construct of the impressions are to perfect to be created by an impact. John Lear is right there was life that existed and still is intelligent life on the Moon today.

It is so hard for most to believe this to be true because we on Earth are so close to the Moon and we from children have been told there was not a breathable atmosphere or life there for that matter. I am so confident that there is a breathable atmosphere I would take my helmet off on the surface of the Moon to prove my point. Rik Riley



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley
 


Would you please explain to me how the air reproduce it self on the moon.

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants, some bacteria, and some protistans use the energy from sunlight to produce sugar, which cellular respiration converts into ATP, the "fuel" used by all living things. The conversion of unusable sunlight energy into usable chemical energy, is associated with the actions of the green pigment chlorophyll. Most of the time, the photosynthetic process uses water and releases the oxygen that we absolutely must have to stay alive.

How would this work on the moon..

I'm just curious



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It does not work on the moon, the moon has no air.

There will be some dust along the terminator line, but the only atmosphere is measured in a few molecules per cubic foot. Certainly nothing you could breath or use to grow plants.



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377
 


Contrary to popular I believe plant life does exist on the Moon and not to the extent of what we have on Earth. Since the Moon is hollow the oxygen is created by monster hi-tech oxygen generators internally and dispersed throughout the surface through ports. The minerals and iron oxide play a role used in the extraction of oxygen not to mention H2O that is also on the Moon. Ever wonder why all of these tiny perfect looking craters are all over the Moon? It is because many are used for vents and returns and some are used as recessed communication dishes.

Impossible you say, not with the brain power of the Moonbies and greys. How do you think our secret and known space stations produce oxygen but on a much smaller scale. The more plant life the more oxygen correct, and the only problem is that many areas on the surface are stealthed for you not to see what is actually there. Yes I believe what I just stated. Rik Riley



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder
 


Of course plants can grow on the moon all they need is oxygen, a little water and minerals. You have been told there is no air and it is quite the contrary. You have bought into the fairy tale hook line and sinker and the Moon is right over our noses and contains air and oxygen. When I get to the Moon I will release a helium balloon to prove my point. Rik Riley



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by anxietydisorder
 


Of course plants can grow on the moon all they need is oxygen, a little water and minerals. You have been told there is no air and it is quite the contrary. You have bought into the fairy tale hook line and sinker and the Moon is right over our noses and contains air and oxygen. When I get to the Moon I will release a helium balloon to prove my point. Rik Riley


Ah thats right, mainstream science does not apply here right?
On the moon, it is the plants who "breath" oxygen and releases Carbon dioxide? Here on earth they act strange.. they breath Carbon Dioxide and produces Oxygen.

Its a funny world






[edit on 21-1-2008 by tep200377]



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley
 


Yeah, from what I learned in grade school, plants need carbon dioxide to survive, most of them at least.

As for the buildings and the humanoid structure, I will have to look a littler harder for those. Although, I do see something that looks like a tower, I will check it out in a bit.

Thank you all for your replies



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Chemtrails on the moon! Is nothing sacred to these monsters!?



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377
 


You are correct, I meant to say plants on the Moon release oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide as on Earth and it is the old check and balance nature system. Photosynthesis works on Earth as well as on Mars and the Earth's Moon. Sunlight is dispersed almost equally during any Earth's 24 hour day on the face and farside of the Moon contrary to popular belief. Many relate to the far side as the dark side but we know better.

If you will look at many of the craters edges many are built up like a bowl placed in the ground and the lip of the bowl protrudes out of the surface of the Moon like a wall. This is due to the so called craters being constructed by intelligent life verses the impact of angled impacting meteorites. Rik Riley



[edit on 21-1-2008 by rikriley]



posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I circled a couple of things on the ground in red. I see more there than that, I just don't know how to make the pixels more clear. One of the objects reminded me of the sphinx. The others look like mushroom towers. You will have to save this pic to your hard drive, open it, and zoom in on it for yourself, because I do not know how to save a zoomed pic, it just goes back to normal.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join