It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how ripped can you get in 231 days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I got everything set out for 8 months of strength training. I want to know how ripped can I get in that amount of days?

anybody know?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

Hi wildcat/

That should be sufficient amount of days to take you where you want.
I advise you however that it would greatly depend on your diet and how much effort you put into it...
It would depend on your diet(strict regime...protein based and no carbs) and time you spend working out!

Anything long term is better then short term!
You can get fast results, but also expect to see no longterm benefits...it is something that you need/must keep up to maintain longterm benefits.
Although the body does not take long to see results, once you stop, expect to begin training from the start..
good luck.
Just my 2 cents worth.

helen

EDIT....Did I say 'my two cents worth'?
Well, make it 5 cents!
Australia has no two cent coins!

[edit on 1/17/2008 by helen670]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
its all about the diet. I know lots of guys who hit the gym 4 times a week and are muscle over fat. You wanna get ripped? You can't eat crap. I'm starting Feb. 1st. I thought i would give myself another couple of weeks of fun.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Starting? Dude from what I've seen, you don't have much work to do....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
AD, you saw summer Hikix. There is a big difference between summer Hikix and winter Hikix! You know i got seasonal depression!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I do too.I sit here with my hair down, no makeup,(SCARY) and I eat way too much junkfood.That being said...
A hottie is a hottie.. no matter what.
Just look in the mirror and deal with it.
AD has SPOKEN!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In 231 days you can be so incredibly ripped that you would have the possibility of being at Men's Health cover model muscle. Seriously.

Look at certain strict diets that are out there, one that comes to mind is Body For Life, which is probably the easiest (as far as food choice) while definitely working. That program is only for 90 days, and I know people that have radically changed their body image during that time.

I personally prefer a faster time on weight loss/muscle gain because I don't like to continuously go out and buy new clothes, but that's just me.

Keep us posted on how it works out, I am sure there are some members here that would care to share their success stories with different methods.

Btw, Body for Life worked for me, but no shirtless pics are being posted.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I was looking through the photo gallery to get a glimps of what I might look like when it's over.

I found this: forum.bodybuilding.com...

That guy and I have the same body type and we look very alike. Except he's ripped and I'm not. That's what I will turn out to look like, I'm sure of it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I just wanted to say, with the suggestion from niteboy, that i started the body-for-life diet. Its been 2 weeks and I've already seen pretty dramatic results. If anyone wants to get in great shape by the summer (i cant wait), try this program out. Its very expensive, and takes a hell of alot of discipline but i think its going to be worth it!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Yes, the Myoplex shakes definitely boost the cost of this diet. However, I would recommend searching some online for good prices before you commit to buying them at a GNC.

Body For Life does work but you have to stick with it.

BTW, in the book itself, it does state that Myoplex shakes are not necessarily required, but that they only supply you with the appropriate amounts of vitamins/nutrients needed to replace a meal effectively.

Hoping you are having the best of luck either way!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You can be a real ripped stud in 231 days. Diet is important and so is your protein intake. Go for it, and then show us all a picture when you've reached your goal

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well now I know for 231 days, what about 12 weeks? How ripped can you get in 90 days (12 weeks)?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
GAWDDD I set myself a target of 3 months to lose as many stone.
(Inactivity after an accident honest) he he.

I decided Xmas was the final straw.Gotta get fit for the big 40 argggghhhhhh........

I,ve taken the 'BEFORE' pikkie to put on the fridge.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

All the diets I mentioned are 90 days. Honestly, if you kept up with the 90 day diet that I recommended for 231 days, I would indeed appreciate you posting a picture after, because I cannot conceive of how healthy one would be after that serious of a health routine.

I would assume your body fat count would be tremendously low.

I believe Men's Health Cover Models have below 4% body fat? It's like super low.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My BMI is actually around 4.3 I believe.

About the picture, my goal isn't to be that big, just noticably thick. So I'll probably go out of a mass building routine before that.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
My BMI is actually around 4.3 I believe.

About the picture, my goal isn't to be that big, just noticably thick. So I'll probably go out of a mass building routine before that.

you do realize he's probably on steroids, or was at one time right?

there is 1 person here who has given you some bad and wrong advice and i thought i should point it out and give you some advice about NOT using diets too like some others here have suggested

helen670 said the following 4 things, and i will "debunk" them because i feel they are total garbage and you need to know

"(strict regime...protein based and no carbs)"

well this is wrong because you can't expect to go to the gym to work out and what are you going to use for energy? the protein you are supposed to have to build muscles? what goes into your stomach to give you energy for a work out then?

this is for fat people, it's basically the atkins diet no? just protein? i could swear that's the atkins diet

you need carbs to have energy to work out, why do athletes eat pasta before every game week in and week out all season long? cause they want to get non ripped? they want to gain fat? no cause they need energy for the game and carbs (i think complex) are the best for energy

are you going to eat steak and eggs for breakfast? like if you really need proof of this one besides me calling bull# on it just ask but your body needs to have some form of "fuel" in it if you want to exert energy and carbs are best for that

"and time you spend working out! " you can spend 10 hours working out in the gym all day long

but if you break your muscles down to 70% monday, tuesday you are say 90% of what you were before you worked out monday, i mean your muscles have recovered to 90% and you go rip them all to # again in the gym thinking "yeah it's good to be sore, i'm getting large" well how do you expect to gain any muscle when you start off at 100% work out, you are at 70% sleep and recover next day you are 90% you work out, and now you are back down to 70%

you haven't recovered to 100% yet, so what gains have you made?

if you work out monday, tuesday you are 90% instead of working out you rest, wednesday you are 102% fully recovered and you have made a gain because you worked out and recovered fully

you can't tear your muscle cells apart, hoping to get new ones to strengthen your tissue and not give them time to actually recover and make any gains, also your liver and many other organs have to produce things and do stuff so you can actually build new muscle tissue and create new cells

rest is very key, if you are sore don't work out, you are sore for a reason, because your muscles aren't recovered so what gains can you make if you don't let them recover and make gains?

"but also expect to see no longterm benefits"

and this one too

"Although the body does not take long to see results, once you stop, expect to begin training from the start.. "

clearly this person has no clue about muscle memory (AND the body AND working out)

"Muscle memory is fashioned over time through repetition of a given suite of motor skills and the ability through brain activity to inculcate and instill it such it they become automatic. Activities such as brushing the teeth, combing the hair, or even driving a vehicle are not as easy as they look to the beginner. As one reinforces those movements through repetition, the neural system learns those fine and gross motor skills to the degree that one no longer needs to think about them, but merely to react and perform appropriately."

en.wikipedia.org...

basically once you are in shape, the longer you are in shape for, the easier it is to bounce back into shape

when you see diet pills, and a guy looks huge and isn't jacked, but after the diet pills they are huged and jacked(always seem to get tanned too), they are either an athlete that was injured or sitting around for a bit and got a bit fat, they can actually get into shape faster than a normal person or a steroider about to get cut for a competition (bodybuilding)

a female trainer at goodlife gyms here once told me muscle memory was 50%

also why spend your time and money on a diet? diets that cost you money and you have to buy something are for fat people who really don't want to work hard to get into shape, or simply don't know because they haven't researched anything

you want a diet? you want to get big?

250ml juice
4 eggs (no yolks or 1 yolk i forget)
2 slices toast
500 ml skimmed milk
40g mixed beans
90g whey protein
100g cottage cheese
1 1/2 cup mixed veggies

80g steak/chicken
200 g oats
125 g rice
65g almonds

eat that every day, i forget how it all gets portioned out but it's something like 6,000 calories a day and you eat like 5-6 times a day

that's a real diet if you want to get "thick"

everything above the milk is breakfast, wait the oats is breakfast too, (got this from bodybuilding.com a few years ago, some dude wrote it) and i see the 80g of steak/chicken and think "that doesn't seem like enough"

you won't get thick cutting carbs out that's for sure

and don't be scared if you put on a bit of fat before the summer, when you want to get ripped you just throttle back a little on how much food you eat and your muscles will be bigger and your motabolism higher and you will cut fat like never before beacuse your body has never been that big, with that much muscle

you're going to need roughly 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight if you want to gain mass and at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight if you just want to stay the same size you are right now so i HIGHLY doubt you are going to eat and are eating that much food right now unless you are under 150 pounds

231 days is an eternity to get into shape, when i first started i had roughly 9 monthes and i believed all the bull# out there, and i got in wicked shape

also how old are you because if you are under 25 you might have problems gaining mass as men don't really fill out until then (physio told me that when i was 18)

i've beefed up a few times and it's eating a lot and working out smart (recovery and diet and non stupid training methods)

the stuff helen said remember cause it's stuff like that you will hear from people that you need to just walk away from, same with "negative" reps, you don't see anyone who's big or fast doing those

and good luck, motivation is key too!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

The diet that i am on in similar to the one you wrote, except its not eating the SAME THING EVERYDAY (which is more likely to drive someone to suicide, than gt in shape). 6 meals a day, combine protein and carbs, dont eat doo-doo.

Eating 'right' is important. But its true what you said, you have to watch out for the diets that are meant for 300 pounders who have no intention of ever exercising.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Dunno if my example helps any but I've been dieting and getting daily exercise for four months now, I've lost 57 lbs so far... nowhere near being ripped.

new topics

top topics

join