It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First look at the new Star Trek Enterprise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I came across this picture of the new Enterprise. She's beautiful! You'll have to click the link yourself, the picture is too big to post.

I think this is the first time AOL has been useful.

movies.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think the new enterprise is actually the new "old" enterprise.

I like it, it looks high tech. Unfortunately I can't find any picture of the entire ship.

[edit on Thu, 17 Jan 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I suppose you're right, it is an 'old' Enterprise. I think the movie is set after The Voyage Home, so that would make it the NCC-1701-A.

I'd love to see a pic of the whole ship too, but I haven't found any either. I'm also really curious to see what they'll do with the interior.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
All I can find is this teaser. And it's not of good quality.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I love star trek, carnt wait for this movie to be released.

Live long and prospure by Earthling friends

USS Fox

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.paramount.com...

^ Teaser in the usual formats including hd

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hmmm, the teaser looks OK.....

So why am I so nervous?

I really, really want this to be a good movie but at the same time I'm worried it's going to suck.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thought this movie was supposed to take place during the first mission that Kirk was in command. Meaning this would be the Enterprice NCC-1701.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's a complete revamp (there's a teaser trailer during Cloverfield of course).

Trek purists are bound to be up in arms....

The Enterprise made at Area 51? WTF???

Kirk as a cheater and cut-up?

Oh yes, there will be blood....

Of course, that won't keep them from seeing it 50 times though...if for no other reason than pointing out the deviations from the mythos.....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
actually the movie takes place before the original TV series, and Kirk might be a small role. The charater of Pike has been filled so i imagine this covers his story line and how Kirk becomes captain.(my theroy anyway)

Pike info

also it seems that this movie may be centered around Spock, So is the old Spock telling a story about his adventures to someone (thats the only reason that i can think of since they are having 3 Spocks)

Spock info

not sure how these 2 stories will mix together, but its JJ directing so i could imagine anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The Enterprise made at Area 51? WTF???

The producer puts this to bed

Orci deadens the rumors that the Enterprise is shown being constructed at Area 51, but won’t confirm nor deny that the location is San Francisco.

source

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't it more convenient to build a starship in a shipyard in orbit? Just asking.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
So why am I so nervous?

Maybe you're worried that the interior might look like this one.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Why?

I'd have thought if something was designed to warp space around itself, it would be big, stong and powerfull enough to be built on earth and launch itself from the surface.

plus I'm sure I read someone involved in the movie say something similar, that the enterprise is no fragile toy, its a tough tough piece of kit for boldy venturing blah blah blah blah

top topics

join