It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gender Identification" proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My home, the city of Gainesville, Florida is proposing a new way of identifying gender. Personally, when I heard of the commission's plan, I thought it was complete utter BS and a rumor that's been flying around. Apparently it is not, and I am outraged by this gender id idea. This is what it's about in a nutshell:
If you "feel" or "think" you are a woman, then you are a woman. If you "feel" or "think" you are a man, then you are a man. I have no idea of who proposed this plan, but so far two thirds of the commission approve of this.
What this basically means is that a man can go into a woman's restroom and the woman cannot retaliate because that "man" is legally a woman. Rape anyone?
I really want to know which group of people in society is responsible for such illogical ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I don't this it is illogical really. Maybe not in your comfort zone perhaps, particular if you have strongly held religious beliefs about gender and orientation.

There is a lot of science and understanding, (how often do those two go hand in hand , eh?) on people who are ambiguously gendered, meaning they could have a variety of situations where their external genitalia does not match with their gender via chromosomes and hormone levels.

And it is also prolly to protect the tranny in process with boobs and a bulge. As a woman, I don't mind sharing a restroom with them, and I don't think some jacked up rapist is going get off of charges for using that reason for being in a women's rest room.

P.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Does anyone really know the root cause of gender identification, or homosexuality?

I can't find anything I believe on the web. There are lots of studies, but I suspect that nobody really knows for sure, because the science is all obviously biased one way or the other.

I submit this is an essential part of the discussion, because we can't discriminate against human beings for what they are (i.e. genetic reasons) but only for what they do (i.e. learned behaviors) -- if there is a genetic reason for homosexual or gender identification then I think the discussion is over. If their is a behavior, or learned cause, it leaves the subject open, but sheds a new light on things.

People say this all the time, but I don't see any real movement to ultimate understanding on this topic. So many other topics are similarly entrenched. What is the deal here?

Edit: Go Gators.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you have testicles and a penis, you belong in the men's room.

If you have ovaries and breasts, you belong in the women's room.

Any questions?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anatomic Bomb
Any questions?

Nope. No questions at this time. I'll get back to you if I need any further clarification or definition of terms.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anatomic Bomb

Any questions?

Spot on. I know a 'girl' who I suspect has a penis. She talks like a man and looks hideously manly (build and hair). A woman leaving piss on the seat is something which seems impossible. Situation was at work and multisex toilets you know...

She should use guys toilets next time she's out in public.

On topic: I hate the idea too. I go with Anatomic Bomb. You are what your genitalia logically says you should be, not what you think you are

top topics

join