It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government and Wal-mart working together to build detention centers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What some of you may or may not know is that Walmart and Homeland security work together.

The Walmarts across America will be used as the main center for processing people if disaster strikes. Like during the aftermath of Katrina. The Garden centers will be for the line ups and holding as they attempt to identify you so you can receive a walmart AID cards which allows you to purchase a certain amount of emergency needs per month.

Much had been documented about Walmart’s success during Hurricane Katrina, especially the utilization of its supply chain capabilities. Walmart was also first to deliver vital commodities to first responders and stranded citizens and was one of the first to reopen stores in the heavily impacted areas
bclc.uschamber.com...

Come its not a big conspiracy. Fema camps are a good thing. There are too many people out there that shouldnt be running free let alone if there is a disaster with no law enforcement present.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The contract was for Wal-Mart to give service men and women a guranteed interview for jobs.
This happend a year or two ago, sadly i worked there. not proud of it, never shopped there, hate
going to the place, but it was the best paying job in the area.

The Govt wanted to make sure that service members that got out had a place to find steady employment. Which makes good sence with as many stores as there are nation wide, good opportunity for service members to get on their feet while they look for better work, or go back to school.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I wasn't sure which of these two threads to bump, so I'll post the link to the other here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
What some of you may or may not know is that Walmart and Homeland security work together.

The Walmarts across America will be used as the main center for processing people if disaster strikes. Like during the aftermath of Katrina. The Garden centers will be for the line ups and holding as they attempt to identify you so you can receive a walmart AID cards which allows you to purchase a certain amount of emergency needs per month.

Much had been documented about Walmart’s success during Hurricane Katrina, especially the utilization of its supply chain capabilities. Walmart was also first to deliver vital commodities to first responders and stranded citizens and was one of the first to reopen stores in the heavily impacted areas
bclc.uschamber.com...

Come its not a big conspiracy. Fema camps are a good thing. There are too many people out there that shouldnt be running free let alone if there is a disaster with no law enforcement present.

Is new ICE detention center a secret?

February 01, 2013

When is ICE going to announce its new detention center located in the old Wal-Mart building. Or is this going to be a secret place? — In the Know, El Centro

El Centro city officials did say the builder on this project, the Government Services Administration, was being discrete initially.

However, it’s pretty clear by now that there are law enforcement components to the retrofitting of the old Wal-Mart next to Costco. The biggest hints are the sally ports, or secured entry ways similar to the kind you would see at a police station, jail or courthouse.

Lauren Mack, spokeswomen with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the investigation-heavy arm of the Department of Homeland Security, said ICE is bringing its two main departments in El Centro together under one roof — Homeland Security Investigations and Enforcement and Removal Operations.

“About 160 employees from both departments will work in the new office, which is expected to open within the next 30 days,” she said. Mack explained the entire Valley operation will be in that building.

The office is not a detention center, but “detainees will be processed at this location, but will not be held onsite for longer than 12 hours,” Mack said.

City building and planning chief Norma Villicaña said DHS is only taking up about one-quarter to one-third of the total building space, or more than 30,000 square feet of the 120,000 square feet.

The area is zoned for general commercial and office space, so it could not function as a long-term holding area, she said.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
here is a fact that i think very few people think about.

speculation goes way back about walmart and the U.S. Government. you hear very little about it any more. and just goes to show you that U.S. citizens, have very short memories, or let things go that should never be allowed.

hillary clinton used to be on on the board of directors of walmart, from 1986 to 1992, and if memory serves me right, that's the year sam died and the next year bill was voted in as president. and with in a few years of that, you start seeing clinton starting to be tied in on a lot of stuff with china. and during that period is when walmart started growing to the monster it is now.

here's a little piece on china's most favored nation status.
notice how much clinton's name is tied in.

Most-Favored-Nation Status of the People's Republic of China

now if you don't remember all of the rumors about clinton's and china, or hillary /walmart just goes to show ya , i was right about my comment on memories. do a search on hillary/ walmart, clinton / china. you will find tons and tons of info.

i have often thought that dick cheney took lessons from hill and billary, on how to reward the company that you use to work for and claim no ties to it.

edit on 27-2-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

quit being so paranoid.Get off the computer.Go outside and get some fresh air.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thought I would bring this thread back to life concidering the current circumstances.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wonder how many smaller businesses went vacant when they couldn't compete with a beomoth like Walmart who later decides things might be more profitable down the road and just pack up and leave.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is the government and Wal-mart working together to build detention centers?

Apparently, yes:

Does the U.S. keep immigrant children in cages?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

"They " are preparing for the perfect storm.. The collaps of the dollar, a natural disaster and/or a war with a serious enemy. That is what I think.. I also think that this is also ther reason why "they" want all guns confiscated from US citizens...and are willing to go very far to accomplish this. They expect that risistance will not be very futile.

~Zat~

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm glad this has been brought back up. Many thought the idea of these buildings being used as holding centers was insane! Yet here we see exactly what they can be used for. The question now is was this the plan all along or did these ideas originate with our own fears? What is the current living conditions inside? They may not be citizens here, but they are humans. This situation could easily be benign. Lets not jump to any whimsical notions until actual facts can be found. Perhaps we should use the petition the white house website to see if they would be willing to look into the well being of these people. Anyone else got a better idea?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
350,000 people could be held ? got news the US already has 2.5 million being held in prisons .
350,000 k out of 330 million ? your joking right ?

the whole round them all up kill them off or keep them in cages thing Hitler did back in the 1930s can never be repeated .

350 k Is nothing but let them lock down NY -LA -sanfran- Detroit - Chicago - all at the same time in a week the Government would fall .
Really just look what happen when a hurricane hot just one city .
Even the cops took to the streets looting .

so just who is going to round up even 50 million people wile the other 290 million just do what smile and say sure lets do this ?
No one And I mean no one believes tere is any possible way to do this on such a scale here

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Looks like someone is jumping to conclusions. So your answer is what? No imprisonment? What is the battle here? Is your inquisition about the people inside this Texas Wal-Mart or are you just off topic on something that is a bigger issue in this land?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ten years after your op, wall marts are holding centres. Crazy

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I doubt it. I mean, I wouldn't put anything past TPTB but even if they were, they would have scrapped the idea as soon as it started showing up on sites like this one.

It's far from the only way they could do it. And besides. If they were really planning on any kind of mass detention schemes, they would have to violate a lot of human rights to do so. I don't think they'd bother to put them all in nice cozy cells if they didn't care about human rights.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

"They " are preparing for the perfect storm.. The collaps of the dollar, a natural disaster and/or a war with a serious enemy. That is what I think.. I also think that this is also ther reason why "they" want all guns confiscated from US citizens...and are willing to go very far to accomplish this. They expect that risistance will not be very futile.

Not a bad theory. I must admit I have thought quite a few times that they would not be pushing the antigun agenda so hard if they didn't have a looming deadline of some sort. The only real question is what that might be. We can only speculate.
edit on 5-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I doubt it. I mean, I wouldn't put anything past TPTB but even if they were, they would have scrapped the idea as soon as it started showing up on sites like this one.

It's far from the only way they could do it. And besides. If they were really planning on any kind of mass detention schemes, they would have to violate a lot of human rights to do so. I don't think they'd bother to put them all in nice cozy cells if they didn't care about human rights.

Did you miss the recent threads on people being held in Walmart's, also a year or so ago the threads about them being closed for plumbing and electrical work, this OP is 10 years old and was impressive prediction...
edit on 6-8-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
10 years to research and provide proof on this topic.

Let's see it guys

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Did you miss the recent threads on people being held in Walmart's, also a year or so ago the threads about them being closed for plumbing and electrical work, this OP is 10 years old and was impressive prediction...

I must have missed that. I don't know anything about it but if true, I would suppose that they are only using them as temporary holding areas. I'm sure they're looking at ways to deport lots of illegal immigrants. So it would not surprise me if they needed temporary shelter for them or something.

I don't think the average American has anything to worry about as far as that goes. The US government seems to be mainly concerned with having a large number of undocumented migrants in this country who are potentially up to no good. I can't say I blame them too much. An undocumented person could be anyone from anywhere. Who knows where they are or what they're up to?

This, IMO, would not be a major human rights violation if that's what it's all about. And again, I don't know because I'm really not in the mood to research it just now. You would find yourself pretty unwelcome as an illegal immigrant in ANY civilized country.
edit on 6-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't know but if that's true, what are you going to do about it, complain on an irrelevant site like abovetopsecret?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join