It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government and Wal-mart working together to build detention centers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Is the government and Wal-mart working together to build detention centers?

I started thinking the other day about the theories out there about the government building detention centers to hold citizens who might cause trouble when martial law is declared. I then remembered seeing something about Wal-Mart closing down stores. I started to search around and have decided that there might be a possibility that these ideas are tied together. These are old figures but should be enough to get the discussion going.

CNN Money back on May 24, 2004 had an article about a watchdog group reporting Wal-Mart had received about 1 Billion dollars in government subsidies to expand their business, building stores, buying property and such.
Wal-Mart shopping for subsidies?
That is a decent amount of money that Wal-Mart is getting to increase the number of stores across the country.

Wal-Mart also has a habit of closing down stores and then building new stores in other cities and towns. They still own these closed stores and usually put them up for lease or sale but very few actually get leased or sold because they are too big and cost too much for most businesses to use. On average as of March 2005 Wal-Mart had about 350 empty stores across the U.S with a combined total area of about 26.7 million sq ft.
www.sprawl-busters.com...
That is a large number of empty massive buildings built with the help of government money.

Now the average jail cell is 8ft x 12ft. but lets say 10ft x 14ft to include wall thickness as well. That would give you 190,714 cells if you used every inch for cells only. This doesn't work because you need corridors, guard rooms and such so lets drop that number to a conservative 175,000 jail cells. Multiply that by 2 people per cell and you have 350,000 people.

The empty Wal-Marts are spread out around the U.S near major population centers and have large parking lots that could be used as staging areas. How can a major retail company afford to leave so many good building empty and still build new ones? Why does the government keep giving money to a company that can afford to do this? I think it is because they are working together and Wal-mart is being used as a smoke screen and money maker to systematically build detention centers right in front of our eyes.

As the saying goes "The best place to hide something is to hide it in plain sight."

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So where might be one of these closed down stores. next to Disneyland or on the shores of Jersy. 2 lines I'm good

mikell

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

They are all over the U.S all you have to do is look.
Available Wal-Mart Stores

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that's a pretty paranoid conclusion. If they were planning to use them as detention centers it would be a pretty good idea however.... that is if most of them actually remained empty. I can think of 4 Wal-Mart buildings within a fifty mile radius that have been left behind to find other locations. However in my area, all of them have been bought to be used by other businesses. I don't see how there isn't anyone to use these buildings. There are plenty of large companies that can afford to use the space. The abandoned Wal-Marts that I mentioned have since become a tractor supply store, two Liberty Medical locations, and an indoor flea market.

They certainly would be great places for detention centers considering how large they are, and how many there are scattered throughout the U.S.... however, I just don't see it happening.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

Since these stores usually only have a few washrooms, they would most likely be some type of staging areas for handing out food, water and meds. They would have to also bring in some portable toilets. We never can be sure exactly though. They might aslo be used as morgues or for containing outbreaks of some sort.

I'm not really sure if these buildings can handle heavy amounts of snow. If there's really some type of plan, it must be in our best interest in some way.

Otherwise these might also be used as temporary barracks for the military in case of martial law.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

makes you wonder what the Wal (wall) really stands for

hmmm

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

makes you wonder what the Wal (wall) really stands for

hmmm

short for walton i believe sam walton the creator of wal-mart/sams club

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

shows what I know huh

thanks for putting me in my place, kidding

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I do agree that there is the possibility that the buildings could be used for other things besides detention centers for civilians. However I don't agree that if plans exist thee government would be doing it for our own best interest. The government usually does what is good for them, not what is good for the people.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
IF you watch the Big Easy video that they just put up you will see this thread makes much sense.. I dont know why its sunk works??

If you know about the camps they have to this day, where fema keeps the people inside a fence.. And only 1 bus comes in and out of there..
And guess where that bus does go?
Yep you guessed it! Wal Mart folks!!

Some pretty shady # going down in the world today.. You better watch ur back and ur home.. You could be out one day and no place to go..
What will you do then? Will you go to Walmart to buy new stuff for your new home? What if you dont get a new home..?

You dont care because you are comfy and comfortable.. You have everything you need right? So why give a ratsass about anyone else..?

Thats the mind set of this world,and its backwards, and messed up..
Who is going to change it? You? Me? ya right thats what I thought..

Things will stay screwed up becasue of you and me...
Mostly me.. But mostly you!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I started the thread here because I figured it might not be enough evidence to make it in General Conspiracy. I decided if it might end up in skunk works I might as well take out the middle man and post it here myself.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Huh. Intrestering theroy. Don't think it will happen but you never know. My Wal-mart closed down about 2 to three years ago and has sat empty ever since, along with the Centry building, and not to long ago Blockbuster left, Geit Now, and a few other stores in that area. They all moved to the other side of town. Talk about strange tho, Wal-Mart left this spot to make one on the other side of town, and now they are making another one on the other side and our city isn't even that big! What the heck do we need two Wal-marts for? It's just crazy. That and they made these stupid roundabouts! Hate them so much... so many accidents there, and truck drivers try to avoid them but can't very well... gargh!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I know the Wal-mart in our city built a super Wal-mart and the old Wal-Mart was divided down the center and now houses Hobby Lobby and Big Lots.

I am not real sure if there is some sort of hidden thing behind these empty Wal-Marts. I am not even convinced about these dention centers that I have read about over time. But then again, just because I may not be on top of something doesn't mean I can justify that it isn't so.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I remember when we had the flood here in Wichita Falls TX, FEMA used a closed down Win-Dixie to house people who's houses were flooded out (mostly the rich folks, they live by the rivers). I guess it's possible for Wal-Mart to do a whole prison planet thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Do you think those around in WWII Germany, Poland, etc. "saw it happening" prior to the event?

Also, the current and open Wallymarts could quickly be converted to detention centers as a martial law type scenario would likely cause people to empty the shelves.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just a thought ..............

In the show Jerico it is mentioned that FEMA had set up camps for displaced persons in a Walmart parking lot. HHHHMMMM

I also recall Walmart being used as some sort of camp site in New Orleans after Katrina.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Now why is it that so many people see the Wal-Mart corporation to be a tool in the very remotely possible unlikely confinement of U.S. citizens? Have they partnered up with Wackenhut? How will they benefit from billions in tax breaks that they get, if everyone is incarcerated and can't take advantage of their everyday low prices? These are questions that I ask myself, and the answers that are apparent to me still don't ease my mind. Wal-Mart is up to it's neck in bringing about the New World Order.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well in all honesty, I think you could proly reduce the crime rate by at least half in America by actually detaining about 3/4 of the people who shop there.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It wouldn't work. They will only turn in the name of the offender to the police,and ban them from returning to the store. Wal-Mart never prosecutes because they won't pay an employ that is a witness to appear in court. Cashiers are held for the police and prosecuted if caught stealing ,but somehow they manage to find comparable jobs in a short period. At my fathers store one of us would just stomp the hell out of them. Another family member got shot 4 times and shot the robber 5. The robber died on the floor in front of the counter Can you imagine a person stupid enough to shoot a man 6'5' inches tall weighing 250 Lb.s with a .25 Cal auto, while he is armed with a .38 M&P ?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wal-Marts are a great location for public detention and/or military deployment. If your Wal-Marts are like mine in State College, PA , they are on, or very near, main highways at the entry/exit to the town - making them an easy walk to a traffic stop/control point. the parking lot is quite large, allowing the parking of many military vehicles and tents. The water supply pipes ( for the fire department ) on the outside store wall could easily supply this deployment area with plenty of fresh water. Behind the stores is a large grassy area, which again could be used for vehicle and tent setup, or helicopter landings. Wal-Marts already have office space with a with a working satellite link, look at the roof next time, so a stealthy pre-deployment of military managers is easy. Wal-Marts, especially the super center kind, are already stocked with many useful items e.g. batteries, fresh underwear, entertainment etc. not to mention food. And any storage freezer can be used as a temporary morgue. Maybe most importantly, Wal-Mart is great at "just in time" inventory supply, so quickly ( suddenly ) getting tons of supplies isn't difficult, or too unusual to casual observers. If I was given the task of deploying my unit to a town/city, Wal-Mart would be an easy no-brainer location choice. I thought I read somewere that Hillary Clinton was on the Wal-Mart board of directors. Maybe there are already strong links between the government and Wal-Mart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join