It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president says Bush confrontational

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im the one laughing though. You are headed for turmoil. You might wanna buy that helmet. We'll see how far your patriotic pride can sink you. Lolz

[edit on 18-1-2008 by 3_Libras]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
No, Im not saying its ok. But to come out and bash the Iranian President for saying that Bush is confrontational, mesmerizes my mind to no end.

What you are saying, is that he has no right to criticize Bush about provoking and whatnot, yet Bush can do the same on a daily basis? Your patriotism really makes me sick in the stomach.

I dont think anyone on this thread has said Iran has no right to criticize Bush. He has every right to do so. But at the same time The Iranian prez has been very confrontational as well. If you dont see that, let me know I will find some quotes and some proof that he is.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

Iran president says Bush confrontational

Now that I would agree with
but I would go a step further by saying
he is confrontational to a lot of countries
(Chile, El Salvador, Cuba, Panama, Africa, Korea,
Japan, Chechnya, Hugo Chavez, etc .....) the list goes on and on
so tell him he's not alone by any means and he's not
telling me something I don't already know.

The problem is ..... I don't know how to stop him
from being confrontational ...... ask him if he's
got any ideas. As I've already tried voting for somebody else
and that didn't work. So ask him if he's got a
candidate in mind he'd like for me to vote for
in 2008.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

The best candidate I think would be some street person compared to most of the ones running now.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To all,

Forgive me, I am new to this site.

Wow, I can't believe the Anti-American sentiment here.

I can see there is plenty of Bush hatred here also. All I've seen is bickering back and fourth.

I don't know, didn't they go after the U.S. Navy in some row boats last week? I think I remember something like that.

What's more confrontational? what they did with the boats or something Bush said?

Also, what about all the crap this guy said when he came to the UN??? and when he spoke at columbia U???

I don't know, you folks just seem to hate the US.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's not anti american sentiment that these folks have...it's envy.

America is the big boy around this rock, and I am one of the proud and privileged to be part of it.

Those who think that we're going down will soon realize a different truth.

O' say can you see....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
No, Im not saying its ok. But to come out and bash the Iranian President for saying that Bush is confrontational, mesmerizes my mind to no end.

What you are saying, is that he has no right to criticize Bush about provoking and whatnot, yet Bush can do the same on a daily basis? Your patriotism really makes me sick in the stomach.

I dont think anyone on this thread has said Iran has no right to criticize Bush. He has every right to do so. But at the same time The Iranian prez has been very confrontational as well. If you dont see that, let me know I will find some quotes and some proof that he is.

See there you go putting facts in with his rant.

Ever since 79 we have heard all the Death to America chants from Iran, not to mention calling the US the Great Satan, and gotta love those missiles with death to America written on them. Lets not leave off all the effigies that have been burned by them as well.

Yet the uproar we have heard from them over being called a part of the axis of evil is most amusing. And then to hear ahmanutjob call Bush confrontation is even more amusing.

Maybe he can ask his good buddy David Duke about it? While they eat dinner denying the holocaust. And people wonder why we don't take him seriously.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

True that, facts in with his rant! Im not sure what that 3 libras guy is thinking, tough to figure out. It appears he is ignoring this thread now.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Have any of you ever thought that just maybe the US really cares little to what the Iranian president says and that 100% of his strong defiance against the evil Americans is for internal use only?

Most of the crap he spouts gets zero looks from the US. He could have easily gone a different route to get nuclear power for his country and even get it free, but he didn’t because he needed to defy the US. The list is endless in everything he does is against the wishes of the US. Now he has all the right in the world to do this, but one needs to ask why?

And that reason is not for the benefit of the world but for the benefit of the Iranian people to keep them where he wants them. Every hero needs a villain and the president of Iran is a political person who wants to be the hero of the Iranian people against the evil Americans for the simple reason of personal politics.

It’s that simple, and the US will not attack unless Iran invades another country in some way or launches their 10,000 rockets. It is all BS and the president in Iran is playing the people there like a violin.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

M He could have easily gone a different route to get nuclear power for his country and even get it free, but he didn’t because he needed to defy the US.

Every hero needs a villain and the president of Iran is a political person who wants to be the hero of the Iranian people against the evil Americans for the simple reason of personal politics.

It’s that simple, and the US will not attack unless Iran invades another country in some way or launches their 10,000 rockets. It is all BS and the president in Iran is playing the people there like a violin.

I agree with some of this. But not parts like just going nuclear to defy the US. Where could he get that for Free? I do believe there is a desire their to attain nuclear weapons as well as nuclear power but not just to defy the west but because they want these things.
I also believe we would go to war for more reasons than you state. How about if Israel decided to launch an attack against Iran? We would surely aid in that effort. Or if they continue to taunt the US navy and there is an incident? The list goes on....
But as far as him playing the hero role to his people, that is what I see as well, although he is taking it pretty far, his words and actions could possibly lead to war.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I agree with some of this. But not parts like just going nuclear to defy the US. Where could he get that for Free? I do believe there is a desire their to attain nuclear weapons as well as nuclear power but not just to defy the west but because they want these things.

As part of the deal they were offered light water reactors built by France I believe for basically free as long as they didn't pursue the course they are on now. With light water reactors you cannot also make nukes.

I also believe we would go to war for more reasons than you state. How about if Israel decided to launch an attack against Iran? We would surely aid in that effort. Or if they continue to taunt the US navy and there is an incident? The list goes on....

Israel is not a threat to them unless Iran by design becomes a threat to Israel. Iran could have easily gone in the direction of Egypt or Jordan with Israel. Nukes are a major threat to Israel for it would only take one or two to basically wipe them off the map.

The only way we would go to war would be because they did a major strike on the US in some way or they invaded another country. The US doesn't not want war with them for it would be another trillion dollar ticket for nothing.

Lets me ask you this, if Iran was not saber rattling who would they need 10,000 rocks against? There isn’t anyone who wants to do anything to them but buy their oil.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

As part of the deal they were offered light water reactors built by France I believe for basically free as long as they didn't pursue the course they are on now. With light water reactors you cannot also make nukes.

Israel is not a threat to them unless Iran by design becomes a threat to Israel. Iran could have easily gone in the direction of Egypt or Jordan with Israel. Nukes are a major threat to Israel for it would only take one or two to basically wipe them off the map.

The only way we would go to war would be because they did a major strike on the US in some way or they invaded another country. The US doesn't not want war with them for it would be another trillion dollar ticket for nothing.

Lets me ask you this, if Iran was not saber rattling who would they need 10,000 rocks against? There isn’t anyone who wants to do anything to them but buy their oil.

I think there is more to it than just wanting to defy the US. That seems pretty foolish to not take the offer mentioned above for basically free unless they are wanting to achieve something more than just nuclear power.

I believe war with Iran is a very good possibility, at least while Bush is in office. Because both he and Israel would love to do a lot more to Iran than just buy their oil, like steal it by taking over the country!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Because both he and Israel would love to do a lot more to Iran than just buy their oil, like steal it by taking over the country!

That is total propaganda BS that has zero logic to it that the realitles of the Iraq war shows just how little logic there is to the "steal the oil" thing. How about just being friends and getting it for 3 bucks a barrel like it use to be instead of $100 as it is now. The steal the oil thing was a big hit when the US first invaded Iraq. Now that oil has hit 100 bucks no one says that anymore for now it is the oil companies wanted the war to push up the price of oil for better profits and that is totally opposite than the steal the oil thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I was actually joking about stealing the oil. But Bush and Israel would love a war with Iran, there is no denying that.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I was actually joking about stealing the oil. But Bush and Israel would love a war with Iran, there is no denying that.

I too think it is a joke, but there are too many people who think it is true.

I think the first question is to ask is why would they want to go to war? Honestly, Israel cannot gain anything from a war, and when you look there is no history to it. They cannot beat Iran and occupy them in anyway, and a war with Iran would most likely see other Arab countries jumping in that they have peace with right now. There just isn't any logical reason or advantage for them to want war.

Bush may be obsessed with Iran, but he doesn't and can't go to war with them, and once again for what reason? The only one that anyone can come up with is a very far-out idea for him to somehow remain in office after his term is over due to some technicality of a third frontline. We would also need the draft, another trillion dollars of mad money, and a lot more equipment. Did you know this is the first war that the military is actually reducing its size while still actively engaged on no less than two fronts? Iran knows all this and so they also know they can say whatever they want without the fear of a physical conflict. Iran also knows they cannot win any war too with Israel or the US, or even come close to any victory, so we will not see anything other than the normal yelling they been doing for years now.

Once Bush leaves office next year Iran can start to reconnect ties with the US by blaming everything on Bush to still save face with their population.

That is my prediction, by 2009, Iran and the US will once again be on neutral terms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join