It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad reviews for Bush in the Mideast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Bad reviews for Bush in the Mideast

www.time.com

(Time/ CNN)The disparaging of President Bush's eight-day tour of the Middle East by America's staunchest opponents in the region was hardly unexpected. Iran's foreign minister claimed it was designed to give Israel a green light "to perpetrate new crimes" against Palestinians. Lebanon's most senior Shi'ite cleric accused Bush of "war crimes." A prominent jihadist web site called the President "this criminal, butcher and murderer of our blood."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Pretty wild how most of the ME countries aren't jumping on board with Dubya's foreign policy. Particularly after the "freedom" we gave the Iraqis. (End sarcasm).

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Trying to civilize most of those people is like trying to domesticate wild animals, only more difficult.
They don't want any semblance of Democracy, period.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Comparing them to animals...

Nice

It's funny how the only nation close to Democracy in the region is Iran and all the other despotic states are the one's propped up by the west.....

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not so simple as that...
There are many reasons why the ME hates us, perhaps it is because most of the world hates us? helping bring them democracy seems nice and all, but i think we would feel different if China wanted to do us the favor of offering us the peace and prosperity of a peoples democracy...
sure... lets go sign right up...

or you could say, " they dont want civilization, or freedom"
but perhaps they see what our country is becoming, and are just smarter than we are in refusing our offer of OUR type freedom...
can you really blame them?

new topics

top topics

join