It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Reception Center?@South Pole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WWW.Unknowncountry.com has a link to an odd story from an Irish explorer..
I'll let you read the article and make your own determination..its odd and off kilter but that sort of makes it interesting to me...read it and post what you think here

mounteverest.net

1:31 pm EST Jan 15, 2008
(ThePoles.com) Earlier this season, Irish Kevin Dempsey skied the last degree with an ALE team to the SP as a follow up to last year’s trip during which he had to withdraw after a dramatic accident with a Jagged Globe team on Vinson.

After being trapped for days on the headwall, Kevin thought he'd seen it all. Not so.

Radio station got weird phone calls

Kevin's South Pole story might sound incredible to some, but it should be noted that while ExplorersWeb has previously covered the Amanda telescope; our recent request for a follow up story about the Ice Cube has been met with silence.

continued at source

[Mod Edit: External quote tags and trimmed quote - Jak]

[edit on 18/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting find bud! I have always been very leery about what's going on down there at the South Pole. Lots of initial reports of strange things and findings, and then *poof* info trails seem to vanish. Kinda like the Anomaly found 2+ miles deep under Lake Vostok? Remember that one?

I still have yet to link out to your source and check it out, but sounds interesting thus far...

And hey - Welcome to ATS! Since you're new, I should probably point out that when you post content from a site other than ATS/BTS/PTS, you have to make sure you only post a little bit, inside of "External Source" tags, and provide a link (which you did
).

Read up on this real quick so you'll know the rules and avoid run-ins with the Moderators!

How to Include Quotes, News, and External Sources in Your Post

Originally posted by Springer
Quote Source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the QUOTE BOX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

Springer & SkepticOverlord

[edit on 1/18/2008 by damajikninja]

[edit on 1/18/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Go back upstream and read one of the previous articles:

www.thepoles.com...

In addition, if you look at the pics in the original article, you see a passed out "Stefan", and a scene of him mixing drinks.

Clearly, it's meant as humor.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree... looks to be a joke...
if not, the guy draws alot of conclusions from very little...
and many conclusions are easily proven wrong... so ...
hope he was joking, or at least wasn't trying to be scientifically factual... he fell far from that...
regardless... i dont see much here to look out for...

as a side note, antartica is much more populated than people think, and trash is starting to be quite a problem... so coke may be illegal, or anything else in a disposable/recyclable container.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I went back upstream as you said..the article exist's as he posted it..without any
pictures..if he is joking..then its not apparent to me..the article has no supportive information about his own "blue sky" conclusions..but its interesting anyway..truth or not truth..the money he claims is being spent..the aircraft he claims he saw..all points on a curve...If you say its a joke ..then its a joke to you..I am not so sure..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't buy it, but it certainly was an interesting read. He certainly has a point that you can do/get away with anything in such a remote location. It's absolutely true, this story however.... I think he may have been honest about some of what he saw, overall the conclusions drawn are a bit much. It would explain a lot if it were true, it just doesn't seem very likely, even if somewhat plausible.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He states it was a classic Orsen Wells joke. Article was a joke.

Guess it caught a few.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Your link to CNN does not prove your assertion...if you go to his webpage..the post exist's in its entirety with no disclaimers..or information about it being a joke. If he claims its a joke in another venue...please post the link for clarity.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wow,it's a great story and I've always wondered why the Russians and Canadians were trying to claim the South Pole. If you think about it, Hitler and the Germans also went to the South Pole during WWII but no one knows why.

I for one will not rule out this story and I always had suspected or speculated a way to reduce the population of the planet while at the same time uniting Races across the world from a pseudo Alien invasion.

Plus I think about Roslin talking about Vernor Von Brown how we try to make Aliens our enemy to weaponize space and how it's all a lie.

Thanks for sharing, I have to save this link

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thanks for adding this in here I was going to do it if no one else did it. I read about it at OTS the other day.

by the way I wouldnt rule it out you need to realize he may have said it was a joke so that way he could protect his family.

Hilda

[edit on 18-1-2008 by hildar]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
LOL! Good example of climber humour

But don't worry, ATSers weren't the only ones to think it was real

thepoles.com...

(Of course, that link is clearly to a NWO Reticulian Zeta Disinformation website - you can easy tell, because it says the Ice Cube story was just a joke
)

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

I gotta tell you, even the presentation is suspect. This honestly looks like a joke to me. The spelling and grammatical errors are pretty bad too. There's no doubt they have interesting stuff going on down there. But if they were cloning people, where is the huge, climate controlled building and clean rooms they need? Where are any obvious landing sites, or star gates? This just smells as a bad account of something that never happened. They took photos of things that had nothing to do with the article they had presented. And worse yet...They reproduced text that was erroneous in several spots. The took out excerpts from damn near every paragraph(Which by the by is a journalistic no no..), at best you should have one or two highlighted excerpts to indicate areas of emphasis and relative importance. Nothing was described only alluded to which is a hallmark of someone blowing hot air. And it went from "We had stayed up for 24 hours" to "They are cloning human bodies for aliens" to "The war on terror is a smokescreen"(It is but that isn't the point). All these things seemed to go from point a to d to a again, skim over b and head straight for z. If this person was serious about disclosure he would have stated his experience in a more clear and concise manner, which he did not. And that "If the U.S. comes after us it will validate this story" crap is classic. Because it's safe. They know the U.S. won't come after them because they don't know a damn thing. Nothing is going to happen to these people their friends or their families.

Then there was the "This guy doesn't have anything to gain...Honest!" routine and that just gave it all away. What I got from the article was this...They're advertising. Bringing people to their site to click through their crap and maybe buy something. Heck it's getting cold as ice where I am and those jackets looked mighty cozy...But I'm a much harder sell. They get much Kudos for generating internet traffic flow.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Aside from this 'story' the truth is that the USA's Raytheon is all over Antarctica. Where there is Raytheon, there is evil.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Did i miss something? That guy manages to make a whole article, 1000's of words, without even saying one thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Aside from this 'story' the truth is that the USA's Raytheon is all over Antarctica. Where there is Raytheon, there is evil.

Can you please elaborate on that?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

My thoughts exactly, hikix. What was I supposed to understand? When the guy mentioned "ARC", was I supposed to go,
. Clearly a joke to me. A joke that's meant for his buddies and colleagues who know him. But since this story caught the attention of ATSers, then I'm sure it's just more comic relief for those spending time at the South Pole.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Can you please elaborate on that?

Raytheon Polar Services is the division of Raytheon being used by Cheney & Co. in Antarctica.

Raytheon has long been a concealed arm of the shadow government of the USA.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think most of us know about Admirial Byrd, and Project High Jump. If you don't, watch the video posted below. The guy later went crazy.

He took a Navy expedition down to Antartica after WWII, and basically he got a real spanking from UFO's, and told never to bring weapons down there again.

If you haven't seen the video, it's really erie watching UFO's coming out of the water and kicking some US Navy butt.

Untold UFO war in Antartica Pt. 2

Part two is the UFO part.

PS sorry guys there is a Russian version of this same footage, and it actually shows the disc's. Been a while.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Is this the video that you were talking about? It seems to be cut from a longer version:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is there any other evidence supporting this? I can watch documentaries all day long and still not get anywhere. Any government papers or anything like that I might be able to pour over?

[edit on 18-1-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join