It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens Isreal again .....! (read it all)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't understand why these 2 countries don't get on (I know they hate each other and not many countries like Iran) but I saw this interesting bit of news tonight.

Sorry if it's posted elsewhere.

english.aljazeera.net...

There is also this one

www.cnsnews.com.../ForeignBureaus/archive/200710/INT20071005c.html

They need theirs heads examining, what planet is Iran's President from?

I give Bush about 6 months before he runs out of patience with Iran and then Isreal will help him turn the country into glass.

What did Cheney say again in that interview before Christmas? Something about it being cloudy over there soon, mushroom shaped ones!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Bit of a misleading title there, chap.

The Iranian response was a reaction to a test by Israel of a missile that is nuclear capable and has the range to hit Iran.

Considering that only a few days ago, Olmert said he would consider "all options" - including nuclear, to neutralise Iran.

This is just a statement by Iran to say "We hear you, don't try it".

It's hardly the "threat" you painted it to be, is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

good call stumason as it seems that is what happened

i think there has and always will be war in the middle east, lame? yes but something else has been brewing threre for years

its amazing how something can just keep carrying over throughout the generations

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes it was a retaliation statement.
Lets not forget Bush has continually stated Iran is a threat throughout his tour of the Middle East.
Heres anther link.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by martin2020

exactumundo, and its funny how we tend to demonize iran, just like they us

itll never end will it?

we are one of the most depressing species

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

You are wrong. According to thoughs news sources Iranian President Ahmadinejad stated his beleif, not a threat.

In response to your failure to understand why Iran and the state of Israel fail to get along on positive terms; the reason they do not get along is because after WWII European Jew's fleed to the middle east and highjacked a part of Palistine and called it Israel. Palistine is Iran's ally, they are defending them and the regional interest. Also, Israel immorally attack Iranian allys every decade, causing and bringing hell into the region. Also, the current Israeli Government are constantly throwing threats at Iran.

In regards to what planet Iranian President Ahmadinjed is on... He is tripping on reality. The man is ones of the bravest politicians on this planet.

In regards to your statement of Bush and the state of Israel waiting no more than 6 months... I beleive if the USA and or the state of Israel do attack then the state of Israel's infrastructure will look worse than what Yugoslavia's looked like. I think you underestimate Iran. Iranian's are allot more savage and warrior like than American's from my experience.

Do you think Iran has allot of secret weaponary in arsenal? I do. I read the other day they just got I think 130? missle systems from Russia.. They have also traded with North Korea... I'm sure Iran has purchased some nasty biological agents and manufactured them for weapon use.. And don't forget Iran has very good missle systems. Maybe Iran will be turned into glass like you say, but keep in mind that it only takes 1 missle to get into Israel loaded with a biological\chemical agent to fix them up for Iran.
The USA are not untouchable either. I'm sure Iran has military opratives in the USA in possesion of biological agents.

Lets hope the USA and or state of Israel does not make the stupid move of attacking Iran.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is a bit misleading - the tensions over Irans nuclear programme have been building for some years - read the link in my sig for how the latest tensions and rounds of rhetoric have come about.

Iran also took delivery today of the last shipment of nuclear fuel from russia needed to get the Bushehr power plant online - it should be online within the next six months according to this report.

Bush has also stated that he doesn't believe the NIE report stating that Irans nuclear programme is peaceful - because it doesn't fall in line with what he wants - read about it here

Then Israel test fires a nuclear capable ballistic missile, the Iranian president basically sends out a warnig which you can read here.

IMO an attack by Israel on Iran (with US backing) will happen in the next six months, before the reactor comes online.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I share your beleif; I also beleive an attack on Iran will commence within the next 6 months.
I look forward to that event as I'm curious to see Iran's military performence, but at the same time I oppose the event as I beleive allot of people in Iran, the state of Israel, and the USA are going to die over # they didn't wanna get cought up in.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The slogan "Never Again" will gain a new note of irony if Israel becomes the next perpetrator of genocide.

Their abuse of the Palestinians, in their bombed out Warsaw ghettos, is bad enough, but a nuclear first strike against the Iranians would make it an utter absurdity.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolas
reply to post by budski

I share your beleif; I also beleive an attack on Iran will commence within the next 6 months.
I look forward to that event as I'm curious to see Iran's military performence, but at the same time I oppose the event as I beleive allot of people in Iran, the state of Israel, and the USA are going to die over # they didn't wanna get cought up in.

Here is a good read on the IRAN Military and just how much they are preparing for an attack.

www.warwithoutend.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

That is a good article and makes for an interesting read. I remember reading how formidable Saddams army was before Desert Storm as well.

I think that attacking Iran would be a mistake for many reasons. I do not think that the US would plan on a ground attack with anything beyond some special forces taking out key assets. I really think that any attack on Iran would be primarily a air attack. Missiles and bombs. They can bolster their defenses all they want but they don't have the technology to fight that battle. Their air force is outdated, Navy is small, and they have nothing that could hit the US hard.

Now, I definitely think that they could cause more havoc than Iraq. I think that they would be more effective at bringing the rest of the region into turmoil by launching air strikes into Israel..etc. They also have a much more established terror network and I do think that an attack on them would cause some sort of retaliatory terrorist attacks in the US and on US civilians world wide.

It would be a more costly war in terms of US casualties, but that doesn't mean that the US isn't more than capable of crippling their country. I don't care how much outdated tech they bought from Russia and North Korea, that isn't a match for the billions and billions of dollars in R&D that the US invests in its military every year.

Also a note on the sentiment that Iran is some noble country in this conflict with Israel... It seems kind of ridiculous to me. Both countries are crazy and neither should be looked at as some sort of angelic entity that is only out to improve the world. If Syria decided to take a chunk of Palestine, Iran would not be leading this noble campaign to help out the downtrodden Palestinians. They only care because of religious differences with the Jews.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would guess that the bigtime zionists might sacrifice Israel to lay claim to Iraq and Iran. the US seems to be collapsing according to a schedule also. Never forget that the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers kept Hitler afloat long enough for the holocaust (sacrifice) to occur. These guys are not normal.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Nailer

They only care because of religious differences with the Jews.

If that's the case, why is the largest population of Jews outside Israel in the Middle East in Iran? Iran has clearly stated on many, many occasions, that its problem with Israel is not a Muslim/Jewish thing, but an occupier/occupied thing. They simply don't want Israel walking all over its Palestinian "citizens".

A'Jad is definitely crazy, that's for sure, but he's not the real power in Iran, but merely a figurehead. After 9/11, Iran was the US's best non-Israel ally in the Middle East. They offered logistical support and help in tracking down the perpetrators of the attack. Condi Rice put an end to that when she included them (and Iraq) in the Axis of Evil, to make it look less like a grudge against two particular countries, but a struggle against, well, an axis. Iran didn't take too kindly to being called evil, and since then diplomatic ties (both direct and indirect) between the two nations have become seriously sour.

Iran will never use a nuclear weapon, as their religious leaders have issued a fatwa saying it's illegal. They don't issue fatwas to appease foreign nations, as that would be grossly disrespectful to the religious nature in which these fatwas are issued. Compare this to Israel who have massed hundreds of warheads, and who's government is so paranoid and distrustful of any country that is not the US, and you'll see who the real problem is. Israel has a horrific history of oppressing (some of) its people and a total lack of respect for its borders, or rather the borders of its neighbours.

The way things are going, there will always be war in the Middle East, until Israel does something ridiculously stupid, which will either result in the US withdrawing all financial support, or the rest of the world looking on in horror as the US and Israel become the newest members of the Axis of Evil. Either way, it won't end well. The only way out of this would be for the US to sever its financial and political ties to Israel and let them exist as an actual country, not some aligator-on-a-rope the US can dangle in the political landscape of the Middle East. If that happened, then Israel would indeed be tested, definitely in a diplomatic sense, and if they have any sense themselves, they won't resort to military action to bolster their position, which the Israeli government is always playing up as being tenuous, when it couldn't be further from the truth - Israel has all the cards.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
op.....BS
once again iran did NOT threaten Isreal...

just like that bs about him saying he wanted israel to be wiped off the map.

HE SAID NO SUCH THING so enough with the propaganda ok?
I`m outta here

new topics

top topics

join