It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump - Interview with Neil Cavuto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just finished watching a very good interview Cavuto conducted with Donald Trump.

Trump discussed the economy, Fed Chairman Bernanke, how he feels that the banks should not be helped (bailed) out by the government, Presidential candidates and why he won't run for President.

An extended version of the interview will be on Neil's 6PM EST show on Fox Business channel.

I know, I know, most people can't get that channel yet

I hope that there will be a video of this put up on the FNC site. I will post it up here when I find it.

Just from memory, Trump said we are in a recession, he said it hasn't hit Manhatten yet but he expects it to in the near future.

Bernanke is behind in his efforts to stabilize the markets, Trump stated that the Bernanke should be AHEAD of the game, and suggested that the rate needs to be lowered by a full point the end of this month and another .75% later on for a total lowering of 1.75% to help the economy.

Trump was concerned that the banks are selling their soul to terrorist countries and communist countries to raise capital, and that the banks should not be bailed out by the government, if some of the banks go under so be it. They should suffer for the bad business decisions that they have made.

He also compared to the foreign investment today to the Japanese companies who bought up alot of the land in the US during the early 90's trouble and that they (Japanese) lost their hind end after that investment and wouldn't be surprised if these current foreign investors have the same thing happen to them in a few years.

Trump called OPEC a monopoly (if they were a business in the US, they would be imprisoned) and suggested that the President should have been much firmer with them to demand that the prices be lowered. He said it was not a coincidence that when the FED lowered interest rates to stimulate the economy, that OPEC's oil prices increased negating the effects of the rate cut.

He discussed some Presidential candidates, and when asked if he would run he said that he was to honest to be President, basicly meaning that he will always speak his mind, as an example he stated he would be on the phone with Saudi Arabia and tell them to lower the oil prices to $30 barrel (I think that is the figure though I don't know how he came up with the number) or else. He said if it wasn't for the US protecting them they wouldn't be there in the first place. (I assume he means the Saudi regime).

I may be a little off on specifics, but I am sure a video will surface soon.

I just wanted to alert those who might have the chance to catch it on Fox Business.

I enjoyed the interview very much even if I didn't agree with everything he had to say.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No video yet but here is a teaser I found:

Trump to Bernanke, Bush: You're Fired

...But Trump will also be laying out his platform. While discussing what he would do if he were running the Fed, Trump brings up America's "terrible" economy, and his idea to lower interest rates by a full basis point...

Gotta love those headlines people come up with

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I promised to post back when a video surfaces and it is now on Cavuto's page.

scroll down and click on Trump Talks and you can see the interview I was referring to in the OP.

For those interested:

YourWorld

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interview now on youtube, I'll embed it here for convenience.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for the Donald, many wouldn't agree with me on this, but I think he's a very smart man. He, Jim Cramer and Ron Paul have both spoken up about the Federal Reserve, and I respect them all for it.

top topics

join