It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO recorded on video by Fox Photographer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I think you missed my sarcasm.

I guess I did!
Sorry. Now that I see it I agree with it.

I bet the AF investigated the Bentwater/Rendelsham incident, eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
here's what's amazing about this story.
The US claim they don't investigate UFO sightings anymore,
yet they will send 2 agents to interview and polygraph
this cameraman about a UFO.

Kinda sounds 2-faced doesn't it ???

I don't find that amazing at all. You ever seen a missile?

There is no possible way for anyone to know how long the object was, it could be a few inches if it's a bug, a couple meters if it's a missile, or 1/2 a mile long if it's an UFO flying at a very high altitude. As long as the missile option is there, then I find it logic that the FBI would get involved.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Simon Says,

Sir, who really knows what it is right? However, you can download any number of videos via youtube aor elsewhere and look at oh let's say a cruise missile...Tomahawk even. Let me know if you see a smoke trail there? Point is, missiles do not always leave a smoke trail...they are being developed and improved rate...ask any pilot that's been unlucky enough to have a detection and did not see it.....ever!?

Although I cannot prove nor disprove any theories regarding this sighting, I will have anybody who cares to argue know......there is not a smoke trail emitted by actually quite a few missiles, quite a large many.

Missiles that engage from long distances via radar contact and any number of the more modern acquisition methods are quite stealthy in fact, mainly visually.

Again, no way to know here...I simply said that the shape and outline are defintely in accordance with the AIM 7 class missile.

Looking forward to more thoughts...very interesting thread so
far.

Peace, Mondo

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
See if this helps.
video.google.com...
It looks like rod (bug) phenomena to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes, the History Channel did a story on the whole rod phenom and did a decent job of it. They pretty much put the debunk to it but also left it up to the imagination. If all I had to worry about was a moth being caught on film in the wrong frame speed I'd be a happy camper!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Interesting clip, for sure. While it's difficult to say exactly what this phenomena is, I think the fact that it seems to pass BEHIND the clouds is ample reason to rule out any kind of bug. I mean even if it were extremely low cloud, that bug would dwarf even the Jurassic-era dragonflies. Sure wouldn't want that landing on my face...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

I bet the AF investigated the Bentwater/Rendelsham incident, eh?

they didn't investigate anything. there's nothing to see. they don't do it anymore although they sure do seem to have quite a bit of records detailing what they don't do.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
was someone going to explain why this is "case closed" even though the object cleary flew behind the cloud?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That looks like one of those 'rods'. What in Gods name are those things? What purpose do they serve? If you don't think they exist you aren't paying enough attention because there are hundreds of videos and pictures that look EXACTLY like that.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My first thought was that it was a rod, but then I heard others mention that the object passed behind a cloud, so I replayed the video many times and yes it does indeed appear to pass behind a cumulus cloud. Since a bug cannot grow that big, cannot fly that high, and cannot fly that fast, it cannot be a bug.

I see only two plausible answers. It's either a missile or a ufo. The object seemed to be heading towards an upward trajectory. I'm leaning towards it being a surface-to-air missile, the plane being the intended target.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree with Krakeur, CASE CLOSED, this is definatly a rod, not a missile because you can see the "fin" "changing" position in each different frame and move too fast but i'm not an missile expert, also i don't think it pass behind the cloud, this is an optical trick, look closely to the cloud on the very left, the rod pass in front of it not behind!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where was this video shot? The speakers are broken on my laptop. I don't understand the missile logic. Where is a missile going in the middle of the day in America?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Is it common for respected ATS members such as jritzman and crakeur to make judgements on a topic (which sway member opinion) when they clearly haven't observed the subject in a thorough manner? This wasn't a bug flying behind the cloud and the case is not closed.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
Is it common for respected ATS members such as jritzman and crakeur to make judgements on a topic (which sway member opinion) when they clearly haven't observed the subject in a thorough manner? This wasn't a bug flying behind the cloud and the case is not closed.

Sorry, it's a bug. The rod thing has been explained over and over. Wave your hand in front of your computer screen. You can still see the screen, yet your hand certainly isn't passing behind it. When objects move quickly they blur, making them appear translucent. Add to that the brightness of the cloud relative to the object, and it may appear that it passed behind the cloud.

There are numerous explanations of the rod phenomenon available, easy to find with a quick search. Bugs just look like that when the camera is focused on something much farther from the camera. Don't take my word for it, look at other footage of the same thing. Best of luck!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
My first thought was that it was a rod, but then I heard others mention that the object passed behind a cloud, so I replayed the video many times and yes it does indeed appear to pass behind a cumulus cloud. Since a bug cannot grow that big, cannot fly that high, and cannot fly that fast, it cannot be a bug.

I see only two plausible answers. It's either a missile or a ufo. The object seemed to be heading towards an upward trajectory. I'm leaning towards it being a surface-to-air missile, the plane being the intended target.

Oh for that let jritzmann as a conspiracy master to decide if it's a ufo or a rod. Oh forgot, rods are proven to be all insects (well some big huge one though).

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander

Originally posted by jhamende

Sorry, it's a bug. The rod thing has been explained over and over. Wave your hand in front of your computer screen. You can still see the screen, yet your hand certainly isn't passing behind it. When objects move quickly they blur, making them appear translucent. Add to that the brightness of the cloud relative to the object, and it may appear that it passed behind the cloud.

There are numerous explanations of the rod phenomenon available, easy to find with a quick search. Bugs just look like that when the camera is focused on something much farther from the camera. Don't take my word for it, look at other footage of the same thing. Best of luck!

You cannot compare waving a hand in front of a screen with the object in the video. The mind can be tricked a lot easier than a camera.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx
I agree with Krakeur, CASE CLOSED, this is definatly a rod, not a missile because you can see the "fin" "changing" position in each different frame and move too fast but i'm not an missile expert, also i don't think it pass behind the cloud, this is an optical trick, look closely to the cloud on the very left, the rod pass in front of it not behind!

The object passes behind a portion of the cumulus cloud and then passes in front of another portion of that cloud.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

This case is not closed in my honest opinion.

I would agree... I looked at a lot of photos of Sparrow missiles, and though similar in shape, there is no exhaust in the video, the rod's going freakishly fast, and it's behind the cloud, indicating that it's *really* big.

A bug would be in front of the cloud, for one, and using the "wings interfering with light to create the illusion of odd fluttering shapes, etc." doesn't fit this profile, as the thing clearly has a solid, outlined, unaltered shape. Seems very solid and structural, in other words, as opposed to wavy and undulating, which I would agree is the sign of an insect. This ain't no insect...

Really, what's amazing about this video are the rods relative distance from, and speed comparison to, the jet.

The jet's big and fast, but the rod is *much faster*, and also as large or larger, being that it goes behind the cloud, which is behind the jet...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I found another video with a bit more footage, this gives a better indication of that cumulus cloud's structure and the distance between the cloud, the object, and the plane.
www.youtube.com...

Looks like a missile to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
I found another video with a bit more footage, this gives a better indication of that cumulus cloud's structure and the distance between the cloud, the object, and the plane.
www.youtube.com...

Looks like a missile to me.

Apparently that video that I linked to was posted by the reporter himself. If I'm interpreting him correctly he claims in the comments section that the object emitted a clear streak but that the youtube compression doesn't show the streak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join