It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO recorded on video by Fox Photographer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I didn't see this video posted anywhere and I thought it was very
interesting to the cause.

There was a Fox photographer taking video of a plane's
approach to an airport and later in editing he finds more
than just the plane. It appears to be a long 1/2 mile
tube cigar shaped craft to the left of the plane.

The video got posted on youtube and the station did an
article on the find. He reported it to the FBI and they
came and did a polygraph of him and took copies of
the video. This video was shot by a professional.

If this has been posted before just delete this thread, sorry.

Actual footage in slow-mo

WNBC News story with video

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
here's what's amazing about this story.
The US claim they don't investigate UFO sightings anymore,
yet they will send 2 agents to interview and polygraph
this cameraman about a UFO.

Kinda sounds 2-faced doesn't it ???

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

The station reported the incident to the FBI, and then they got invovled...

Though, still, you are right why are they bothering to interview this guy about a "UFO" if they are out of that business (since 1969)?

Their interest may be because this "UFO" was so close to an airport?

Whatever the reason, I found the video very interesting. I have no good explanation for what that object could have been, but it had to have been very high, and going very fast.

It almost looked like a missle, but based on how high the object was it would have been too large to be a missle..

I'm stumped.

Cool find. I've never seen this one before.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by defuntion]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Looks like the "rod" phenomena, realized some time ago to be flying insects close to the camera, blurred by shutter speeds elongating their appearance, and staggering their wings.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
My take,

I can almost 100% guarantee that's a missile, and I'd guess a Sparrow variant at that! Take it for whatever you want, and I am sure it's photoshopped somehow too.....BUT, we tested and evaluated dozens of missile variants at Pt. Mugu and China Lake and I've seen hundreds of images that are exactly like this.
No idea the intent of the missile again and yeah, probably photoshopped but you can see the directional fins of the missile and the distance from the warhead to the front fins, the length of the missile, and even the shape of the whole thing are what gets me and reassures me it's a missile, and again a Sparrow at that...AIM 7(any variant it could be).
I've been out a while now, but we launched these puppies from our F 18's all the time!

Just my opinion, Peace....Mondo

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok, the History Channel ran a documentary "Monster Quest Flying Creatures", over a week ago. I believe that this incident was covered. Here's a thread with which this is discussed there is also a link...

Opinion Poll: 'Rods' - are they real??

You might want to check it out. Check out this Monster Quest episode. Bottom line, bugs.

There are several more threads is the 'Cryptozoology' forum.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Jeff, since you are the expert on these things, I'll accept that explanation as the most probable cause and the most likely explanation. Case closed on the object but, the interesting aspect of this story is, as Simon Says said (heh), if the gov't doesn't investigte UFOs, why did the FBI hook this guy up to a lie detector? Hell, why did they bother responding to the call? The only explanation could be that he said he had a video of a plane taking off from an airport and what appeared to be a missile flying across the video. So the feds check it out. Ok, let's assume that's the reasoning behind the willingness to investigate this. Wouldn't they know if a missile was fired? If it wasn't one of ours, it would someone else's and that would have been picked up on radar so that would rule out someone else's missile (that and the lack of detonation or landing). So, they hear there is a video of a possible missile at an airport, they know there were no missiles on radar, that means the object is unexplained. It was flying. It is an unidentified flying object. And they show up to investigate when they officially don't do that.

odd behavior indeed.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Looks like the "rod" phenomena, realized some time ago to be flying insects close to the camera, blurred by shutter speeds elongating their appearance, and staggering their wings.

That's fair enough but what about the fact that the object passes through the clouds?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
you know, as I think about it a bit more, I have to say that I am still totally sure....but maybe it could be whatever too, right!? Looks just like the photos/videos that we had taken of our missile tests but one can not be certain that it is not something else that looks exactly like an AIM 7(variant).
Just want to be limited about what I or anybody here claims to be 100% sure about.....even though I pretty much am!

I invited a few of my fellow aircraft forum friends here to this thread to get their opinions as well. It never hurts to have more heads on the matter!

So, let's see what others think......opinions should be flying(get it?
) soon!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

First: It's a bug.

Second: In regards to your question, Crackeur; in Post-9/11 America a guy hanging-around an airport filming aircraft and catching a "missile" on tape might warrant investigation.

And who says, "The US doesn't investigate UFO claims" anyway? Bogus statement. At the very least, the FAA will investigate if they feel that air safety may be at risk. See the 2007 O'Hare sighting investigation, for example.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
And who says, "The US doesn't investigate UFO claims" anyway? Bogus statement.

the air force, that's who:
www.af.mil...

The decision to discontinue UFO investigations was based on an evaluation of a report prepared by the University of Colorado entitled, "Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects;" a review of the University of Colorado's report by the National Academy of Sciences; previous UFO studies and Air Force experience investigating UFO reports during 1940 to 1969.

and

Since the termination of Project Blue Book, nothing has occurred that would support a resumption of UFO investigations by the Air Force. Given the current environment of steadily decreasing defense budgets, it is unlikely the Air Force would become involved in such a costly project in the foreseeable future.

and lastly

Persons wishing to report UFO sightings should be advised to contact local law enforcement agencies

It is their public stance. Hasn't changed since 1969. Or so they want us to believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That's all well-and-good but "The Air Force doesn't investigate UFOs" "The US doesn't investigate UFOs".

There may not be Project Bluebook-level activity but, like I said, if a UFO report implies a possible threat to safety (i.e. around an airport), you can bet your sweet bippie a governmental agency will investigate.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok so the airforce doesn't officially investigate UFO's...ok but the airforce is not the F.B.I. or anyother government agency for that matter. Not saying that they do investigate, just pointing that out.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I think you missed my sarcasm. What I was pointing out in the original post you referenced was that they do investigate ufos, they just say they don't. By admitting they investigate, they admit they (ufos) exits. They are then put in the precarious position of implying that the gov't feels there might be something beyond this rock. They cannot do this. They are afraid to do this. They are doing it, they just don't admit to it. When you get a story like this, it further proves they are lying to us about investigating ufos. once you can prove, undeniably, that they are lying about this, you can get them to disclose some truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

well I hate to disagree with a professional pilot

but every missile I've ever seen emits a smoke trail
or an exhaust. There is no trail in that video.

So I'm gonna have to disagree with the missile theory.

And the bug theory don't make much sense to me either
as wings would be flapping in 7 still shots. Those wings
(flaps) are stationary in all 7 still shots. So I can rule out
the bug theory as well.

This case is not closed in my honest opinion. Unless somebody
else has got some other suggestions. No offense

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by uninspired
Ok so the airforce doesn't officially investigate UFO's...ok but the airforce is not the F.B.I. or anyother government agency for that matter. Not saying that they do investigate, just pointing that out.

Since the Homeland Security Act, some agencies rely on other
agencies human resources to get projects accomplished. It just
may be that the Air Force didn't have anybody in that area and
wanted a quick investigation and used FBI resources.

When the FBI got the call, maybe they called the Air Force
and the AF told them to do it for them and give them a report
on the conclusion. I guess we will never know

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Explanations

Evidence points to the conclusion that they are mere tricks of light which result from how images (primarily video images) are recorded and played back. In particular, the fast passage before the camera of an insect flapping its wings has been shown directly to produce rod-like effects, due to motion blur, if the camera is shooting with relatively long exposure times. ([1]) (In low-light conditions or even when pointed at blue sky, the automatic exposure programming of a video camera is likely to select the longest possible exposure time, which is 1/60th second per video field for NTSC format or 1/50th second for PAL format.) This criticism points to such video being physically unable to capture a clean image of something which moves so fast relative to the camera. ...

source

I'm still going with the bug.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by jritzmann

Jeff, since you are the expert on these things, I'll accept that explanation as the most probable cause and the most likely explanation. Case closed on the object

How can you say case closed just because some guy thinks its an insect? The reporter said the object went over the clouds, guess you must have missed that part?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

I have to agree, it looks like a rod to me as well. You can see the characteristics of a rod

SEE RODS HERE

According to some people, it's an Earthy Phenomenon that we don't know about yet.

Please don't take pop shots at me, I am just the messenger. This is the only information that I can find on any other objects like this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
JR,

I have lots of respect for you but I'm not going with insect sorry. I'm going with Rod until we find out what these Rod things really are.

No offence I know they love you around here and you get a lot of respect because you do this stuff but, I don't think it is a bug and I go with Rod. Until these things are proven one way or the other with absolute proof, I sit on the fence leaning with Rod.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by observe50]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join