It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus HERE??? (Shroud of Turin)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by slymattb

You are right that there are certain things conected to Jesus that have been hidden by the Church.
It may be that the relics had gotten into the hands of heretics, and used in an improper way, making them tainted.
There are always people who want to save relics. People would rush fires, while they are still burning, to retrieve bones from martyred saints.
At the very beginning of the Christian era there was a building in the Galilee area, with a painted mural of Jesus and the apostiles. So, the likeness of these personalities was handed down.
I disagree with you on the proof of God thing. I think God is happy to leave proof of his power, and His existance. I think people may put a little too much into the whole faith thing. It may have something to do with the concept of salvation by faith. People misinterpret it as meaning that you have faith, and in return, God gives you salvation. The proper way of understanding it is, God gives you salvation, and you own it by faith. Meaning that, you can not hold it in your hand. You just have to believe that God holds it in store for you, in heaven.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

One of the points is that people want to say they have things and they have proof but they dont really. They make up things or say they do when they dont. So to say that their religion is right. As for the proof things. God wont give actual proof. He come down or you wont see a angel. To have real proof would stop free will and stop faith. to know god is different than proof. Their are some types of proof but to know them are from faith.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Interesting topic.
I have find this article relating to this thread is a bit old (2005) but worth the read.
A Catholic physicist believe that the image on the shroud was created when Jesus resurrected and she explains how.

www.the-tidings.com...
Kacou.

<< 1   >>

join