It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Sighting Livingston Scotland 17/01/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ive Just seen the most bizarre series of lights high up in the sky literally 20 minutes ago.. Spotted at 5.14pm

I live in a town call Livingston which is between edinburgh and glasgow. Livingston is directly in Edinburgh Airports flightpath.

I was just driving home from work and heading accross almondvale boulevard ( a shopping mall ) when i spotted a very bright series of lights at high altitude which i would say was roughly over the town of broxburn which is in between edinburgh and livingston.

At first i thought nothing of it as i see planes taking off and flying over this area all the time though at that altitude it made me ponder. I pulled over and observed the light for roughly 30 seconds, they never moved and i would say where as bright as lights at a football stadium.

If this was a plane heading out from edinburgh I would expect the lights to be heading towards me, as they remained stationary I jumped back in the car and proceeded to drive along the boulevard to get a better vantage point at the top of the hill.

I passed 4 high shopping buildings along the boulevard which obstructed my view and when i got the crest of the hill which is literally a 15 second drive the lights had gone.

I have to say ive got some serious goosebumps typing this ( after i spent another 10 minutes in my street looking all over the horizon to try and spot them again )..

Has anyone in the Edinburgh / Livingston region spotted anything of this nature tonight?? Give me a few postives here and im right on to Edinburgh airport air traffic control.

I did notice there where no planes for about 30 minutes and edinburgh usually has planes landing every minute or so.

Another unusual point is that there is a parallel airstrip to edinburgh airport which is owned by RAF Turnhouse and is a base for tornado fighter Jets, I did not see any fighter Jets scrambling??

The sequence of lights looks as though they where an offset saucer shape, more of an elongated boomerang shape.

Im no davinci, but heres a quick photoshop of what i seen

img246.imageshack.us...

As soon as the wife comes back from work im out in the car with my infra red camera to the highest vantage point i can find to scour the skies.

Ill keep you all up to date on any findings and local press monitoring over the next few days..

Phew... What a sight.

Im no davinci but heres a quick paintshop of what ive just seen.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well i never spotted anything else last night after my initial sighting, though today someone has reported seeing the exact same craft 4 hours after i initially spotted it.

worldufos.blogspot.com...

Looks like i could be onto something here, im going to keep delving into this sighting to see what else i can find on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow Zeetroyman , what a sight to see and what a great experience.
Too bad you didn't have a camera handy, but then neither did I when I had my experience back in the 70s.

Is there a lot of reported activity in the Livingston area?
Or is it pretty rare that you hear about UFOs in your parts??

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

why didn't you take a photo with your cell phone ??
do you have one ??

yes I'd be curious to read and hear further about the incident
including any press about it.

what bothers me most about it is, you say that the airplanes
stopped coming into a busy airport.
Could this not mean that several planes with landing lights on
were in the holding pattern waiting to be instructed to land ??

It's a thought ,,,, more please

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
To the OP, your drawing reminds me of that video that two young ladies (the skydivers) shot near San Diego (I think it's san diego anyway). They were by a road when they got to film it.

I would not scream ALIEN yeat, cause it could be man made secret military air/space craft.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
this is the second ufo ive seen in livingston, the last one was a good 8 years ago.

If you google, UFO Dechmont Law, Scotland, thats our most famous sighting, and ooohhh what a sighting.. Landing site is less than a mile from me...

ive got my kodak 8megapixel infra red 12 x zoom camera in my jacket pocket as of last night - forever...

I did have my Nokia N70 on me at the time, but i was too busy going, jeezzz to think to pull the dam thing out..would have been a bad shot anyway as its only 2megapixel and the lights where at least 15/20 miles away

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
I did have my Nokia N70 on me at the time, but i was too busy going, jeezzz to think to pull the dam thing out..would have been a bad shot anyway as its only 2megapixel and the lights where at least 15/20 miles away

hey, even a bad shot is better than no shot ....

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well played internos, Thumbs up...

I was at that landing site next day on my dads shoulders aged 4!

My friends brother worked with bob for the forrestry commission up until he died last year, he never spoke about the abduction openly, never tried to make any money from the story, and from what my friends brother told me, he was one of the most down to earth, honest, family men you could every meet.

To this day this remain unexplained.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The closest sighting i can remember that resembles the brightness of the lights i saw, and roughly at the same altitude was the old german ufo video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
I was at that landing site next day on my dads shoulders aged 4!
My friends brother worked with bob for the forrestry commission up until he died last year, he never spoke about the abduction openly, never tried to make any money from the story, and from what my friends brother told me, he was one of the most down to earth, honest, family men you could every meet.

To this day this remain unexplained.

That's a very, very interesting story: i've always wondered what the people who live in the area think about it: i hope that IsaacKoi will open a thread (i couldn't find it) about it in his amazing series "Classic cases".

There's also a thread about Bob Taylor's death,
Here
Sadly, it seems to be a cold case ...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Nice! A sighting in Scotland, I live in Falkirk, and work in Bonnybridge. Haven't seen anything in a while usually i used to see 'moving stars' some of them making very odd maneouvers in the sky while working nightshift, but unfortunatly haven't seen any for a while!

Better keep the eyes peeled again!

new topics

top topics

join