It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the media give Democrats a free ride and crucify the Republicans on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ok, this is a MEDIA conspiracy post, not just a left/right posting so take a bit of care with responses. I am not taking a swipe at Democrats and I am not defending the current Republican Administration.

If you read FactCheck

www.factcheck.org...

You can see Factual accounts of the major Democratic candidates LYING and exaggerating*

*yes.. please, I KNOW the Republicans do it also!

Why do the Dems get a free ride? Why doesn't the average American know about these lies? For instance,

From the article:

>>" Clinton puffed up her role in stopping the "Bush administration" from taking back signing bonuses from those later wounded too seriously to complete their enlistments. Actually the Pentagon said its policy has been not to reclaim such bonuses and that a bill the Army sent to one soldier was an isolated case that was reversed."

This is WRONG to assert this, but once it is asserted everyone believes it and it isn't right. She does this constantly, from exaggerating her role in in the senate and WH to denegrating her opponents record.

>>"Obama accused the Bush administration of failing to make "any serious effort" to encourage use of alternative fuels or raise fuel efficiency of automobiles. In fact, President Bush has signed major bills that do both."

Again, this is WRONG to assert this, but once it is asserted everyone believes it and it isn't right. Bush may not show up at EarthDay with bells on, but to lie about his record shows the Dems are just as bad.. and if they lie NOW....

>>"Edwards said he dropped his support for the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage site in part because of a scandal over forged documents. But he switched his position in 2004, and the scandal came along a year afterward."

On and on it goes..
Keep in mind these are the most recent lies.
All THREE are lyers and no one in the media seems to care?
If they report it on Fox news, everyone groans and rolls their eyes.

My point is that Dems seem to be able to lie and embellish their roles and especially lie about what the opposition has done on established recorded and fully searchable bills and resolutions and yet the media never takes them to task...

Why is Clinton allowed to espouse Bushs (remaining if any) character by asserting he is "taking back signing bonuses from those later wounded too seriously to complete their enlistments." without anyone questioning it?

Again, I realize the republicans do this as well and yes, they sometimes get away with it, but there seems to be a consensus online and in general that the Dems are good guys and the Repubs.. bad.

Republicans are not baby kickers and dog killers... I am tired of us being portrayed that way.

I believe there is a conspiracy.. do you?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't think it's a conspiracy anymore. Mainstream media has come out of the closet over the past 5 years and is openly either conservative or liberal.

My advice would be to get your news from some other medium then cnn (obviously liberal) or fox (conservative to the bone). You won't find the unbiased truth on any mainstream media these days. I seem to have more luck finding unbiased news from the bloggers these days.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yeah...fox news really gives democrats a free time and is out to get the republicans....

i'm sorry, but there are some sources that lean left, some lean right
the media as a whole tends to average out to the center.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All mainstream media is pro-state. The left-right game is played to give more power to the state. If there are two sides then the people who support each side have an enemy, in turn increasing the level of support for their side and ultimately giving whichever side wins a more powerful mandate to rule.

News stories and lies from both sides are omitted by mainstream media, it is a carefully manufactured and nurtured system that "they" have created. If you think the Democrats get a pass then you must listen to Right-Wing Media, if you think that Republicans get a pass you must listen to Left- Wing media.

Ultimately, both parties are working for the exact same goal and just telling different lies to get there. Ron Paul is the last Statesman we will ever see and probably the last independent Poltician that will ever support freedom. Kucinich is independent but he is still just a statist, from here on out it will just be Corporate Politicians. You can't even claim they are bought by Corporations, they are already a part of the corporate system!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Along the same lines, consider the current Elliot Spitzer scandal. An analyst on TV this morning listed the MSM that did not identify him as a Democrat; the list was unbelievable.

/39d9c9

The media is overwhelmingly biased towards the left.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Because the media is tired of the taste of Republican [snip], and wants the electorate to put something else on tap.

Crude, but true.

Moderator Edit - See section 1b of the Terms and Conditions of Use

[edit on 13-3-2008 by dbates]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
NPR did not mention he was a Democrat either on thier initial run. When Craig was "using" the toilet they use Repubilican Larry Craig as his fricking title. Liek I said earlier, the bias depends on what station you watch. It's all part of the game.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just curious - do you think that Fox is liberal? What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The media crucified Clinton for a blow-job and has given Bush a free-pass for breaking the constitution over and over and over

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

The blow job did not increase the power of the Federal Government. Crushing the Constitution has. The MSM is the propaganda arm of the Empire.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
because its really easy to poke at the republicans.

Just look at them...sitting there...all corrupt.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
George Bush is visiting a zoo and hears a woman screaming. He rushes over and sees a lion that has grabbed the arm of a little girl trough the bars of his cage and is trying to drag her into the cage.

Bush rushes over and hits the lion on the face and the girl is released.

Reporters who are covering Bushes visit to the zoo all admire what a brave thing the president just did and vow to make sure it's front page news.

Sure enough on the front page of the newspapers next day is

BUSH STEALS AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS LUNCH

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
To make that story more accurate:

eorge Bush is visiting a zoo and hears a woman screaming. He rushes over and sees a lion that has grabbed the arm of a little girl trough the bars of his cage and is trying to drag her into the cage.

Bush rushes over and runs to another cage, deciding to start punching a baby Koala bear that was trying to sleep.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
*George Bush even

Jeez, typos today don't end.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by forestlady

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by jsobecky

Just curious - do you think that Fox is liberal? What are your thoughts on that?

Overall, FOX News is conservative, though they have several liberal analysts, such as Geraldo Rivera, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes, Kirsten Powers and others.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Its funny that people complain that FOX is conservative, and don't cite as clearly Liberal CNN is.

Personally, I could care less. All MSM is trash.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am going to tell you why, because this time is no way in hell that McCain and the Republicans will win the white house after the worst 8 years of Republican control this country will ever have, 6 years of Republican president and congress was enough.

Sad but the truth is that a Democrat will not be able to fix the mess our nation is right now no matter how much promises they make.

This no about peoples ideologies is about the leaders behind the political parties.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yep marg has it. The system knows that the Republicans are on the way out. Just like they were before the Clinton era.

Democrats are not saviors, that's for sure. Just more of the same...

But yes, the media is doing it's best to make Obama a God-figure and if you look closely, it is plain and clear that they KNOW that the Republican candidates are no longer part of the election. McCain is now cannon fodder, he is only in the run to keep Republicans and a certain demographic appeased.

new topics

top topics

join